Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2013, 01:49 PM   #751
Deffenm
DIS Veteran

Got a couple more items marked off the list. I don't plan to buy much more til BF shopping. I will pick up DS the Planes movie this week when it comes out but that is about it.

We usually spend between $50-100 per parent. We have my husband parents, my mom, my dad and step mom. Plus my grandmother and DH's grandmother. We spend a lot on our family. I still buy for 2 of my brothers and sister as they are younger and not married. We also have 5 nephews and 1 niece.

I love the holidays but I am glad when all of the shopping is done, or should I say my bank account is glad.
DD (10)

May 2005 - AsMov
Sept. 2006 - POP
Sept. 2007 - POR
Aug. 2008 - AKL
June. 2010 - CBR (Grand Gathering)
April 2012 - POP
Oct. 2014 - POP
Deffenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:20 PM   #752
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

So... I adopted a cat for my other cat for Christmas. Okay, not really but that is how it feels. I did want a second cat and decided to do it now so my other kitty wouldn't be alone in the house while I was gone for the holidays (my dad is coming over daily still though). So now I have a little 3 month kitty named Oliver Milo to join my 7 month kitty Austin O'Malley. Yes, my cats have middle names .

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2013, 09:21 AM   #753
Dallas_Lady
I only work for the vacation money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worfiedoodles View Post
We also pay his airfare to come to Boston from the Midwest. He considers that his present, but I want him to have things to open on Christmas morning.
That's really great that you fly him to see you. I'm thinking of starting to do that with my parents. They don't have the money to fly to come see us, and buying them two tickets is cheaper than having the 4 of us go to see them.
Dallas_Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #754
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

The thread has been quiet for a few days. Everyone must be waiting for black friday! I have one thing to buy at Target on Thursday but I'm hoping it will be online so I don't have to visit the store.

I did buy a few gift cards for teachers. Still more to go. I'm thinking itunes gift cards will be on sale soon so I'm waiting for that.
2012 Windsor Hills 2011 Buena Vista Suites
2010 Doubletree DTD, then CSR
2008 Doubletree DTD 2006 Doubletree DTD
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2005 Doubletree DTD 2005 Swan 2001 Dolphin
2000 All Star Movies 1999 Carribean Beach
100AcreWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:34 PM   #755
4 Ears
previously 8 Ears

All but done

Youngest DS is done.
Oldest DS I do need to buy 1 more gift for but know what it is. Just need to hop up to Disney and grab it.
GS is done

My Mom and SF- ugh I still have NO idea

Christmas Cards? Decided I am going to wait and send ones to those that send to me this year

DH, we will do more day trips, no gifts
4 Ears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:39 PM   #756
AZMermaid
DIS Veteran

I went and scoped out where the doctor kits are for Black Friday at TRU. They had a huge pile of them in a middle spot, so I am thinking that's where they will stay. I don't really want to be in the mad rush at opening, thinking I'll go like 2 hours later, so I'm hoping they are still there.

AZMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #757
Cinderelly5507
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZMermaid View Post
I went and scoped out where the doctor kits are for Black Friday at TRU. They had a huge pile of them in a middle spot, so I am thinking that's where they will stay. I don't really want to be in the mad rush at opening, thinking I'll go like 2 hours later, so I'm hoping they are still there.
Are these the same doctor kits that Walmart already put on sale?
Cinderelly5507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:13 PM   #758
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

I haven't been doing too much shopping except for returning the Disney Infinity I got and getting Skylanders swap force instead.
I picked up some other video games too.

My youngest ds recently had a birthday and decided to buy an Ipad mini with his own money so I told him if he did that I wasn't going to get him the Ipod touch for Christmas. He said he'd rather the mini so now I'm getting him some very expensive sneakers, and an under armour hoodie as his big gift. I know I can get the hoodie on sale at Dicks on BF but I don't think I'll find the sneakers on sale anywhere. Oh well, both things will still be less than the Ipod was so at least I'm saving some money on him
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #759
AZMermaid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderelly5507 View Post
Are these the same doctor kits that Walmart already put on sale?
ooooh thanks! There is limited stock at my local Walmart. I am going to head there after bedtime and check it out! I have a Walmart gift card to use and everything!

AZMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:53 AM   #760
Manders77
Mouseketeer

I loved this thread last year and decided to post to this one now too. I try to do year round shopping but my DD5 is just about finished. She wants a Pet Dragon (like Crackle from Sophia the First), and since Disney doesn't make one yet, I found a blue dragon on yoyo.com for her. Now she added a barbie house to her list.Seeing if we can score the one at Walmart on Black Friday would be perfect since I don't want to spend $150 on the townhouse. On Friday I picked up Leappad 2's for DD and DS3. Also got DD Leapreader on Amazon. Both are getting some Leapfrog games as well I got on Amazon.

Now DS I have to get some more Thomas the Train trackmaster sets. DH saw a Thor Lightning Hammer at TRU he said would be cool for DS. Also got him Disney Planes movie and a Jake DVD. DD got Sophia DVD as well. GOt deals on those movies with coupons and gift card deals at TRU.

DH and I aren't doing major gifts. We need new phones so we are just doing those. I want the Iphone 5s and He wants the Samsung Galaxy S4. Probably get the accessories with them and we are all set.
Manders77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #761
Priorityonecb
DIS Veteran

We bought for dd's boyfriend yesterday. Soon to be fiance very soon I think! They just moved to an apartment with a wood fireplace. We bought him a wood holder, fireplace tools and a Smore's kit. He loves a certain soda that can rarely be found. We found one case while out so I wrapped that up too.

My oldest DD asked for only one thing. A first edition copy of Tuck Everlasting. From September to now I have purchased EIGHT copies that were advertised as first editions that were not. Thankfully, each vendor returned my money and told me to keep the book. I finally found a real first edition this week!!

I think I am done. I even have 90% of stocking stuffers done. I need to get some scratch off lottery tickets to add to them.
Priorityonecb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:01 AM   #762
skip323
Mouseketeer

I usually jump in on this thread by late Sept at the LATEST!! I don't know what is wrong with me!! Tough year financially but I try to shop all year so it helps!
This year, for my parents, I'm trying to be somewhat practical.... They already have way too much stuff. If there is ever an "organized" or "hidden hoarders" show... I'm calling! You can walk all through the house but every single nook & cranny has something in it..typical depression era type behavior.
So:
Dad: plane ticket for Xmas as we all travel south & meet at their 2nd home (which is also filled in every nook & cranny)
Mom: (she drives south as she stays for the full winter while dad stays 3 weeks then gets back to working) trying to pay to have someone completely clean the house in the South & do the yard so that she doesn't do that when she gets there ( usually goes 2 weeks before the rest of us). May go in with dad to get an IPad mini
DH: we usually do not exchange for Xmas since we buy tix to fly south
Dsd: she's grown and works in business (meaning makes way more than me in education) SO.... I usually just give her a couple of fun gift cards to total $100: DSW, MAC, Sephora ...then the same in January for her bday but $50 instead
Dss: grown, still finding himself ... Usually a gift card of some sort
DD14: wants a laptop but school is supposed to issue next school year so I'd rather wait & purchase a really good one for college. Did buy: clairsonic gift set, boots, some clothes, the new warm Toms, wreck it journal, makeup. Need some type of Incredible Me paraphernalia and some cold weather running clothes for her winter conditioning
DD12: still wants Monster High and AG stuff. Catchphrase game. I have: clothes, wreck it journal, boots-lots of boots, need to get some cords, hair bands, soccer stuff for indoor league.

I feel fairly done...I hope I am

Oh... I also purchased some fun things! We all went to see the Les Mis' movie together last year. Dmom said she always loved it & that as kids they read classics in comic book form & that was her fav' so I bought the classic comic book for her! I purchased a comic book from the early 50's about MLK & the Freedom Walks for ddad. A word art scarf with a passAge from pride & prejudice for dsis-in-law. And for myself, female cousins & maybe mom & aunt I have been purchasing mystery beauty boxes for several months! I have not looked! Will wrap and maybe have everyone draw a # then pick a box! Should be fun!

Last edited by skip323; 11-25-2013 at 07:09 AM.
skip323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:54 AM   #763
purpledisneyprncess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100AcreWood View Post
The thread has been quiet for a few days. Everyone must be waiting for black friday!
Yup, at this point I am done until Black Friday. That is, unless a really great deal pops up on Amazon or another online retailer for an item I want. If not, Thanksgiving 6pm will be at Walmart for the ipad mini & other things. Just yesterday I price matched the leap pad 2 at Target and that is just 1 of my BF items I can check off the list. As soon as I get my BF shopping out of the way I am relatively done with all gift buying!

I don't get why the preview BF Sale for the Disney Store is not out yet. I see they have a "Magical Week" thing going on but I'm hoping better deals will be had for BF at Disney Store.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:26 PM   #764
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpledisneyprncess View Post
Yup, at this point I am done until Black Friday. That is, unless a really great deal pops up on Amazon or another online retailer for an item I want. If not, Thanksgiving 6pm will be at Walmart for the ipad mini & other things. Just yesterday I price matched the leap pad 2 at Target and that is just 1 of my BF items I can check off the list. As soon as I get my BF shopping out of the way I am relatively done with all gift buying!

I don't get why the preview BF Sale for the Disney Store is not out yet. I see they have a "Magical Week" thing going on but I'm hoping better deals will be had for BF at Disney Store.
I was at the Disney store today and they claimed their BF deals were already going on. I didn't see anything we really needed. It mostly $5 off on items $25 or more everywhere I looked. Good luck at Wal Mart! I'm heading to Target Thanksgiving night unless I can get the things I want online.
2012 Windsor Hills 2011 Buena Vista Suites
2010 Doubletree DTD, then CSR
2008 Doubletree DTD 2006 Doubletree DTD
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2005 Doubletree DTD 2005 Swan 2001 Dolphin
2000 All Star Movies 1999 Carribean Beach
100AcreWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:28 PM   #765
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Hello Shoppers!!! We are back!! We got home Saturday night..hard to believe another trip has came and gone. It was wonderful as always!! I love it there and could stay for ever! I know y'all get it!
to any new people that I missed… I didn't check on anything while I was gone. DD has modified her wish list yet AGAIN, so she still has nothing! I bought DS14s Legos today! So,…a whopping 2 presents bought! LOL…I will pin her down tonight and order what she wants… I still have to get with my SIL and see what the nephew wants/needs. He is pretty easy~Lego man also, and I always get him winter jammies and a book if he is reading a series.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: