Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2013, 02:27 PM   #2056
disneyanney
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."-Albus Dumbledore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodle98 View Post

Yes, yes it can. The first book is definitely the best, I didn't love the other two.
Yeah, I was so done after the third. That was awful.
"If your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme." -Jiminy Cricket
"The very things that hold you down are going to lift you back up." -Timothy Mouse
"Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or...learn from it." -Rafiki
"Mr. Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape, and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people’s business.
Mr. Prongs agrees with Mr. Moony, and would like to add that Professor Snape is an ugly git.
Mr. Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that an idiot like that ever became a professor.
Mr. Wormtail bids Professor Snape good day, and advises him to wash his hair, the slimeball." — The Marauders’ Map

Offsite @ DL Feb 2000 offsite DL Aug. 2000 AKL Jan 2002 OKW Oct 2002 & MNSSHP POR/GF castle view May 2004 DL/SW offsite May 2005 Disney Magic Mar. 2006 Home @ Poly Sept. 2006/2007 + MNSSHP DL offsite Dec. 2008 Disney Wonder & MNSSHP Oct. 2009 POR May 2011 Disney Dream May/June 2012 & WWOHP Royal @ POR May 2013Alligator Bayou@POR +MNSSHP Sept. 2104
disneyanney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:36 PM   #2057
Cinderella8
Don't question my nerdy logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyanney View Post
It can get rather disturbing at times.
Quote:
Yes, yes it can. The first book is definitely the best, I didn't love the other two.
It really can.

It's well written, don't get me wrong, but I don't like the storyline at all and I really don't like Katniss. Or Peeta. Or any other characters really. I'm 100 pages in, I think I may like Rue, but as a character so far she's undeveloped.
Gryffindor Seeker & member of DA & the Order!In the Poseidon cabin!Leader of RiverClan.A Storm Hawk & sky knight of Terra Neverland!I am Spider-Man!True Believer!An Ultra Link!I work for THI.Hunter of Artemis!Avenger & SHIELD agent!H2O mermaid!A water talent!I'm the Shane!The warrior mage!I'm the Avatar.At Monster High!Shadowhunter.Noelle is my BFF!
"A dream is a wish your heart makes." -Cinderella~"All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust." -Peter Pan 2
"Light, dark, there's a little bit in all of us. The trick is finding balance." "Master, please! You don't know Twist like I do!" "Never presume to know the heart of another! Focus on your own inner peace. Are you so sure you know the best path?" -Master Shanai and Eli Shane~"When you're finished with your awkward moment..." -Master Shanai
Don't let them in, don't let them see, be the good girl you always have to be. Conceal don't feel, don't let them know! Well now they know! Let it go, let it go! -Elsa
"You're a Shane, aren't ya?" "Yeah. How'd you guess?" "You're acting like one! You plan on going after Blakk?" "I plan on fighting the bad guys wherever I find them."~"I don't know what to say." "Say you'll be the man your father was." -Red Hook and Eli Shane
"Not everyone is meant to make a difference. But for me, the choice to lead an ordinary life is no longer an option." -Spider-Man
"You can act all tough and take over the world, but you can never hide who you really are- a lonely girl who desperately wants a friend." -Piper to Master Cyclonis
"Move out." "No." "Excuse me?" "I said no. No more. You will never hurt another innocent person and then just walk away." -Dr. Blakk & Eli Shane
"Remember, reality is an illusion the universe is a hologram buy gold bye!"-Bill Cypher~"Open fire! Just try not to hit anyone we know!" -Piper
"What's your game, Shane?" "I'm just trying to help my friends... but you wouldn't know anything about that, would you?" -Twist and Eli
Do it for your people, do it for your pride, you're never gonna know if you never even try. Do it for your country, do it for your name, 'cause there's gonna be a day when you're sitting in the hall of fame, and the world's gonna your name! -Hall of Fame
Cinderella8 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2013, 02:46 PM   #2058
The Villianess
"Don't think and don't worry. When the time comes, you'll know what to do." -Helen Parr, The Incredibles

Quote:
I really liked the first book. Catching Fire I thought was just okay, I thought the new storyline was actually pretty clever. I gave up on Mockingjay because I thought it was sooooooooo boring and really predictable, plus the dialouge in that book doesn't really translate into my brain because it doesn't sound like it's really Katniss talking when she's agreeing to be their Mockingjay so early in the book.

"It's called cruel irony, like my dependence on you." ~ Yzma

"I hate sunshine! I hate it! I HATE IT!" ~ Madam Mim

"Nothing....personal...." ~ Helga Sinclaire

Villain Quotes

"I'm surrounded by idiots." ~ Scar

"Stand back, you fools!" ~ Maleficent

"He's got to have a weakness, because everybody has a weakness." ~ Hades

"Cruella De Vil has the last laugh! AHAHAHAHAHA!" ~ Cruella De Vil (live action)
[/SIZE]
The Villianess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:47 PM   #2059
disneyanney
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."-Albus Dumbledore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villianess View Post

I really liked the first book. Catching Fire I thought was just okay, I thought the new storyline was actually pretty clever. I gave up on Mockingjay because I thought it was sooooooooo boring and really predictable, plus the dialouge in that book doesn't really translate into my brain because it doesn't sound like it's really Katniss talking when she's agreeing to be their Mockingjay so early in the book.
The end of Mockingjay is the worst.
"If your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme." -Jiminy Cricket
"The very things that hold you down are going to lift you back up." -Timothy Mouse
"Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or...learn from it." -Rafiki
"Mr. Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape, and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people’s business.
Mr. Prongs agrees with Mr. Moony, and would like to add that Professor Snape is an ugly git.
Mr. Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that an idiot like that ever became a professor.
Mr. Wormtail bids Professor Snape good day, and advises him to wash his hair, the slimeball." — The Marauders’ Map

Offsite @ DL Feb 2000 offsite DL Aug. 2000 AKL Jan 2002 OKW Oct 2002 & MNSSHP POR/GF castle view May 2004 DL/SW offsite May 2005 Disney Magic Mar. 2006 Home @ Poly Sept. 2006/2007 + MNSSHP DL offsite Dec. 2008 Disney Wonder & MNSSHP Oct. 2009 POR May 2011 Disney Dream May/June 2012 & WWOHP Royal @ POR May 2013Alligator Bayou@POR +MNSSHP Sept. 2104
disneyanney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #2060
The Villianess
"Don't think and don't worry. When the time comes, you'll know what to do." -Helen Parr, The Incredibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyanney View Post
The end of Mockingjay is the worst.
I would guess the ending, but I don't want to spoil it even though I'm 99% sure that I'm right. I don't really care about the ending anymore.

"It's called cruel irony, like my dependence on you." ~ Yzma

"I hate sunshine! I hate it! I HATE IT!" ~ Madam Mim

"Nothing....personal...." ~ Helga Sinclaire

Villain Quotes

"I'm surrounded by idiots." ~ Scar

"Stand back, you fools!" ~ Maleficent

"He's got to have a weakness, because everybody has a weakness." ~ Hades

"Cruella De Vil has the last laugh! AHAHAHAHAHA!" ~ Cruella De Vil (live action)
[/SIZE]
The Villianess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 03:06 PM   #2061
1elle2
"What makes life valuable is that it doesn't last forever. What makes it valuable is that it ends. And I say it, today of all days, is because time is luck. So don't waste it living someone else's life."-Gwen Stacy

Location: A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away... With the Rebel Alliance, flying in the TARDIS, or hanging with the Guardians of the Galaxy.

I just officially died. You guys can have my funeral next Tuesday.

Gist: I HATE the Hunger Games. I already know how the first book ends anyway, my friends can't be quiet.
I am an ISO!SHIELD Agent on Coulson's busYoung Avenger and an X-ManPart of the flock I am the Doctor's companionKingdom Keeper!Hunter of Artemis, daughter of AthenaMemeber of the Mysterious Benedict SocietyGriffindor forever!Cindy, stealth mode is not running up behind someone and yelling STEALTH MODE is their ear. "BAM what!" "Oh really Jack?"
"I can't stop thinking about the others out there, all those minds I touched. I could feel them, their isolation, their hopes, their imbitions. I tell you we can start something incredible, Erik. We can help them."- Professor X
" I'm Agent Grant Ward, and I can shoot the legs off a flea from 500 yards, as long as it's not windy. "-Fitz, imitating Ward
1elle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 03:06 PM   #2062
Softball Princess
An awesome person that is lots of fun!

Hey hey I'm baaaaaaaaakkkk
Old 11-24-2013, 07:17 PM   #2063
Doodle98
"42-42-564, whenever you want to, knock on Death's door."

Watching a Disney Unwrapped. Love it.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:21 PM   #2064
tigerkitty
"Magic comes with a price." Once Upon A Time

Can someone help me on my avatar? I want a photo from either photobucket or my desktop. Each time I try to get a picture, it says 'File too big', 'Invalid File', or 'Invalid URL'. What am I doing wrong?
Disney Addict Marvel Addict Spy Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Member of Loki's Army Super Villain Dedicated Fangirl Animal Lover Writer Artist Photo Editor Batman Disguised as Batgirl's Flying Ninja Monkeys Fairy Mermaid Soccer Player Movie Lover Newsies Lover Llamacorn Pegacorn Member of the USFP (United States Fashion Police)
Dedicated to the arts of laziness
All of us light up a room. Some when they enter, others when they leave.
"I think we all see ourselves as the heroes in our own lives." -Tom Hiddleston
"Mmm, Brother!You look ravishing!" "It will not hurt any less when I kill you in this form." "Very well. Perhaps you prefer one of your new companions, given that you seem to like them so much... Oh, this is much better! Costume's a bit much... so tight! But the confidence, I can feel the righteousness surging! Hey, you wanna have a rousing discussion about truth, honor, patriotism? God bless Amer.." -Loki and Thor
"You know this is wonderful! This a tremendous idea! Let's steal the biggest most obvious ship in the universe and escape in that! Flying around the city, smash it into everything in sight and everyone will see it! It's brilliant Thor! It's truly brillian..." -Loki
I consider myself a crayon. I may not be your favorite color, but one day you'll need me to complete your picture.
It's done, but there's blood everywhere!
"I remember a shadow. Living in the shade of your greatness." -Loki
"Humanity. Look how far you've fallen." -Loki/Tom Hiddleston at Comic Con
NEVER HAIL HYDRA
tigerkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:03 PM   #2065
Orreed
Olivia

So I met this cute guy at my theatre convention and we flirted and talked for three hours on the last day. We had to go but I found him on Facebook and he accepted my friend request almost instantly and started chatting me XD *Score*
Orreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:05 PM   #2066
Orreed
Olivia

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerkitty View Post
Can someone help me on my avatar? I want a photo from either photobucket or my desktop. Each time I try to get a picture, it says 'File too big', 'Invalid File', or 'Invalid URL'. What am I doing wrong?
Sorry, I have SO many problems with that too. It's ridiculous. Good luck.
Orreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:24 PM   #2067
disneygirl520
Disney: where everyone screams at the sight of a mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerkitty View Post
Is it 100x100? If so save it to your computer and then upload it. Sometimes it just doesn't work though, it works best it the mornings which is weird.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:27 PM   #2068
expeditioneverestgrl
DIS Veteran

Leaving school tomorrow at 3 pm for my vacation!! Woohoo. we fly Tuesday! I'm gonna cry when I see the castle
Old 11-25-2013, 06:51 AM   #2069
Cinderella8
Don't question my nerdy logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1elle2 View Post
I just officially died. You guys can have my funeral next Tuesday.

Gist: I HATE the Hunger Games. I already know how the first book ends anyway, my friends can't be quiet.
No spoiling missy

I hate it too. I'd rather be reading Of Mice and Men again, and THAT is saying something
Gryffindor Seeker & member of DA & the Order!In the Poseidon cabin!Leader of RiverClan.A Storm Hawk & sky knight of Terra Neverland!I am Spider-Man!True Believer!An Ultra Link!I work for THI.Hunter of Artemis!Avenger & SHIELD agent!H2O mermaid!A water talent!I'm the Shane!The warrior mage!I'm the Avatar.At Monster High!Shadowhunter.Noelle is my BFF!
"A dream is a wish your heart makes." -Cinderella~"All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust." -Peter Pan 2
"Light, dark, there's a little bit in all of us. The trick is finding balance." "Master, please! You don't know Twist like I do!" "Never presume to know the heart of another! Focus on your own inner peace. Are you so sure you know the best path?" -Master Shanai and Eli Shane~"When you're finished with your awkward moment..." -Master Shanai
Don't let them in, don't let them see, be the good girl you always have to be. Conceal don't feel, don't let them know! Well now they know! Let it go, let it go! -Elsa
"You're a Shane, aren't ya?" "Yeah. How'd you guess?" "You're acting like one! You plan on going after Blakk?" "I plan on fighting the bad guys wherever I find them."~"I don't know what to say." "Say you'll be the man your father was." -Red Hook and Eli Shane
"Not everyone is meant to make a difference. But for me, the choice to lead an ordinary life is no longer an option." -Spider-Man
"You can act all tough and take over the world, but you can never hide who you really are- a lonely girl who desperately wants a friend." -Piper to Master Cyclonis
"Move out." "No." "Excuse me?" "I said no. No more. You will never hurt another innocent person and then just walk away." -Dr. Blakk & Eli Shane
"Remember, reality is an illusion the universe is a hologram buy gold bye!"-Bill Cypher~"Open fire! Just try not to hit anyone we know!" -Piper
"What's your game, Shane?" "I'm just trying to help my friends... but you wouldn't know anything about that, would you?" -Twist and Eli
Do it for your people, do it for your pride, you're never gonna know if you never even try. Do it for your country, do it for your name, 'cause there's gonna be a day when you're sitting in the hall of fame, and the world's gonna your name! -Hall of Fame
Cinderella8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:15 PM   #2070
Doodle98
"42-42-564, whenever you want to, knock on Death's door."

Lindsey Stirling=pure awesomeness.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: