DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2013, 05:42 AM   #61
dors316
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCmember1992
We stayed in 1607 last week. It's a standard view and was fabulous! We faced the main building, the beach and beach pool, covered walkway and the fountain. We could also see the beach and the lake. Plus the monorail. I was concerned with the standard view but it turned out great!!
Do you have any pics?
dors316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #62
MarlaSingersLaundry
Mouseketeer

How can i request certain rooms? I know I cant request a specific room. But how can I let them know where I would like to be? Call? Ive already checked in online and gave them on upper floor preference, but Id like to not stay in one of the front facing standard rooms. Thanks!

1985 Off site~1986 Off site~1990 CBR~1992 DL~2001 Off site~2003 Hong Kong Disneyland~4/10 AKV~4/11 SSR and Pop~12/11 AKV~10/12 VWL~12/12 OKW~2/13 AKV~5/13 WL~10/13 England~12/13 VGF~2/9 BLT~ Coming up 5/14~ ALV~10/14 VGF
MarlaSingersLaundry is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2013, 10:36 PM   #63
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandSally79 View Post
Lake view studio 1414

Great view from this room.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:17 AM   #64
barrysprot36
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
Great view from this room.
I will be very happy if we get that room in May

Aug '97 ~ DLP Sequia Lodge
Aug '02 ~ WDW Indian Ridge Villa
Aug '03 ~ DLP Newport Bay
July '04 ~ CBR
July '06 ~ CR, RPR, AKL
Aug '07 ~ CBR, Poly, free DDP
Aug '08 ~ POFQ, BCV, GF,
May '09 ~ WL CL Aug '09 ~ OKW, VB, SSR, BLT Dec '09 ~ Pop, OKW, BLT, CR Atrium & BCV
May '10 ~ Pop, POR & OKW Aug '10 ~ CSR, RPR & BLT Oct '10 ~ BWV, AKV & BLT
May '11 ~ Sunset Lakes Villa & Vero Beach
July'12 ~ BCV, BLT & Sunset Lakes Villa
Nov'12 ~ DLP Newport Bay
April'13 ~ Pop, RPR & BLT August'13 ~ BLT & OKW
May'14 ~ VGF & Kidani September'14 ~ WBTA, RPR & BLT
barrysprot36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:06 AM   #65
JustTinking
DVC Member since 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlaSingersLaundry View Post
How can i request certain rooms? I know I cant request a specific room. But how can I let them know where I would like to be? Call? Ive already checked in online and gave them on upper floor preference, but Id like to not stay in one of the front facing standard rooms. Thanks!
You can call MS with a special room request, or you can use the MS email link on the DVC site. They will take a few days to respond that they have your request, will do what they can, but no guarantees. You can find the email link on the Upcoming Vacations page, under the My Vacations tab.

JustTinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:00 AM   #66
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Villa 1114 - Lake View Studio

During our recent trip to Walt Disney World, we stopped by the Villas at Grand Floridian and toured the resort. There was a DVC Advanced Sales Associate in the lobby who was more than happy to show us a villa.

Villa 1114 -Lake View Studio

This studio is located on the first floor and has a view facing northeast toward the Magic Kingdom.

One of the early comments about the VGF studios was that there was very little storage space in the studios. There are no storage drawers in the VGF TV armoire because it houses the pull out murphy bed. DVD has tried to correct the situation by putting two large drawers underneath the bed. Unfortunately, only one of the two drawers is usable. The second drawer can only be opened out a few inches because it is blocked by the nightstand.

In addition to the drawers, there is space underneath the bed to store luggage. There is a sliding panel at the foot of the bed to get access to the additional storage space. Here is a photo with the sliding panel partially open.

Old 11-29-2013, 10:23 AM   #67
wdrl
DIS Veteran

During our visit to VGF, we also toured villa 1116, a Lake View one-bedroom villa which is attached to the studio in villa 1114. Together, villas 1114 and 1116 make up a Lake View lock-off two-bedroom vacation home.

Villa 1116 is on the first floor and faces northeast toward the Magic Kingdom. It has the same view as villa 1114. If you look really closely, you can see Space Mountain on the horizon just to the right of the pedestrian on the walkway.

Old 11-29-2013, 10:48 AM   #68
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Courtesy of BCV23, here are some photos of villa 1424, a Standard View two-bedroom villa. It is on the fourth floor overlooking VGF's porte cochere and is a handicapped accessible villa.

Looking to the left:

Looking to the right:

Balcony for villa 1424:

Bathroom:

Thanks for sharing the photos, BCV23!
Old 12-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #69
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Thanks for such a helpful thread! I was lucky enough to get a 1 BR HA room for May/June next year. Supposedly we have a roll in shower. Can anyone tell me if it has the Jacuzzi tub? I will be very upset if I don't get my tub at DVC!

Thanks for the room pics as well! I'd love to see more, especially of the H/A rooms!
Alison ~~~~ A Haunting, plundering, and Fiesta Caliente | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #70
SFD998
Mouseketeer

We checked out of room 1404 today. It is a lake view studio. Nice view of the Wedding Pavilion, the Polynesian, the Contemporary and BLT. I'll post pics when we get back. Now off to BLT.
Old 12-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #71
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Villas #1113 and #1125

Located on the first floor, Villas #1113 and #1125 are both dedicated two-bedrooms and classified as Standard View. The villas are located on either side of the VGF's side entrance that guests use to take the walkway to the Grand Floridian Resort.

View from the walkway looking toward the VGF building. Villa #1113 is on the left side and Villa #1125 is on the right, closest to the entrance.

Given how close each villa is to the entrance and walkway, there are privacy walls that shield the balconies of Villas #1113 and #1125 from the foot traffic. Although these walls offer some privacy, they also restrict the views from the balconies.

At first, I thought these two villas probably have the most restricted views of all the villas at VGF. However, Disneyfn420 has shared some photos of her view from villa #1125 and they are quite nice. Click here to see her photos.

Here is a photo of the privacy wall near the entrance. Villa #1113 is behind the wall.

Here is a photo showing part of the balcony for Villa #1113.

Here is a photo showing the privacy wall in front of Villa #1125.

Last edited by wdrl; 12-12-2013 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Edited to include link to photos of view from #1125
wdrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:27 PM   #72
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

wdrl, a very belated thank you for posting the photos for me.

As for the question of storage, we were quite happy with that in our two BR dedicated. The second bedroom had a large dresser. Quite an improvement on recent Disney resorts/renovations in my opinion.

Thanks again.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:43 PM   #73
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Thanks for such a helpful thread! I was lucky enough to get a 1 BR HA room for May/June next year. Supposedly we have a roll in shower. Can anyone tell me if it has the Jacuzzi tub? I will be very upset if I don't get my tub at DVC! Thanks for the room pics as well! I'd love to see more, especially of the H/A rooms!
Congratulations! I hope someone can answer your question but if it is any reassurance, the one and two bedroom accessible villas we've had with roll in showers have also had a jetted tub in the master. That has been our experience at BCV, BWV, BLT. Oops, just remembered that the Rollin shower villa at AKV club has only the shower, no tub at all in the one bedroom side. Of course, those villas were reconfigured resort rooms so probably had some constraints. Good luck!
Old 12-08-2013, 09:07 PM   #74
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
Congratulations! I hope someone can answer your question but if it is any reassurance, the one and two bedroom accessible villas we've had with roll in showers have also had a jetted tub in the master. That has been our experience at BCV, BWV, BLT. Oops, just remembered that the Rollin shower villa at AKV club has only the shower, no tub at all in the one bedroom side. Of course, those villas were reconfigured resort rooms so probably had some constraints. Good luck!
Thanks for your reply! I called MS to ask, it turns out we don't have a roll in shower, there is a lip and short step to get in, but they confirmed that there is a tub in the room. We had a great room at BCV that fit our needs perfectly. I imagine if you were to stay at Kidani there would be a tub and shower. We've just started requesting the HA villas, in the past we brought our own retrofits to make the villas accessible, so this is all new now.
Alison ~~~~ A Haunting, plundering, and Fiesta Caliente | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #75
twinsouvenirs
Mother of Dragons :)

I am so excited about our feb trip, keep the photos coming! I am now scouting villas 1427, 1403, 1417 and 1503, and 1517. Would love to see the views from any of the upper level **22's! This may be our last 1 BR trip as we'll be adding another little set of ears to the family in July

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: