Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2013, 08:00 AM   #16
surferdave
Not hero DIS deserves, but the hero DIS needs right now

Here's a sample of what it will sound more like in the movie, with Idina Menzel singing instead of Demi Levato

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiLhIqLlXwQ
Old 11-23-2013, 10:20 PM   #17
Peter Pirate 2
I may be a Disney curmudgeon but I still have Disney hope
What happened to Peter Pirate?

I think the movie looks like it could be really good but WHY does the promise of success cause people to extoll virtues when they are still unseen? Let Disney earn the accolades first ... You have no personal interest in it do you?
Peter Pirate 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2013, 06:52 AM   #18
disneypeace
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcd1969 View Post
I was fortunate enough to see a preview of the film last week. I can not say enough about this film. The music is moving and the artistry is simply amazing. In my opinion it's on the same level as Beauty or Little Mermaid. Gorgeous design, great music, two princesses, great comedy side kicks. It really has it all. The song and animation for Elsa's big number sung by Idina Menzel is incredible. Can't wait to see it again on Thanksgiving Day.
ooooo!!!!! This is so exciting!!!!
Old 11-24-2013, 08:18 AM   #19
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Love to hear all the great reports. We are looking forward to this as well!

I get really tired of the few who tear apart past Disney movies or projects based on nothing but a guess and opinion. Apparently that's ok to some.

The same thing happened with Planes, some were tearing it apart based on nothing but the trailer. According to the few it was a disaster, yet once it was released it did pretty good and have many great reports.

It is still in theaters and so far has grossed over $90,000,000.

The next Planes is due out this summer.

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:32 AM   #20
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

Looks great. I want to see it.

Have a question for y'all. Do you think it will dethrone "Hunger Games, Catching Fire" as the highest grossing movie of the week. I think it's going to be close. Saw "Catching Fire" last night. Great movie, and it should do well next weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
What? 2019 or 2020? Say it ain't so!

You must "sneak in a day" next year. That's an order!
LadyBeBop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:57 PM   #21
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pirate 2 View Post
I think the movie looks like it could be really good but WHY does the promise of success cause people to extoll virtues when they are still unseen? Let Disney earn the accolades first ... You have no personal interest in it do you?
I guess it is the same positive or negative. I extol virtues I have seen: Characters in trailers, reviews of people who have seen the movie, storyline, etc., but admit that I am a bit of a Polyanna.

I do have a personal interest in it. I invest myself in Disney movies, good family movies, and movies that have good morals. I want this movie to do well and have been telling everyone that will listen that they should go see it.

In fact, I'm organizing a group of families with kids to go see it! I want it to do well so I can have more of the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBeBop View Post
Looks great. I want to see it.

Have a question for y'all. Do you think it will dethrone "Hunger Games, Catching Fire" as the highest grossing movie of the week. I think it's going to be close. Saw "Catching Fire" last night. Great movie, and it should do well next weekend.
As much as I think Frozen will do very well, there is little chance it will unseat Hunger Games Catching Fire. HG has a huge fan base that has grown since the last movie and CF is better than the last movie. I am already hearing it will gross $160 million this weekend alone! Frozen will do fine, but will make most of its money over the long holiday season and it won't be front-loaded to opening weekend.

But you never know! Everybody go see Frozen TWICE!

"Remember, no matter where you go... there you are!" Buckaroo Banzai

1980 - Disneyland for 1 day while in the US Navy
1981-1983 Several 1 day visits while living in Orlando
1984- 1996 Several one and two day visits while visiting family
2000 January - 4 Nights, 5 Days - All Star Movies
2012 January - 5 Nights, 6 Days - Caribbean Beach
2013 September - 9 Nights, 10 days - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room.
2014 November - ?
Yellowstonetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:21 AM   #22
lucyem
DIS Veteran

Dont hate me but from the trailers i have seen it looks more like ice age meets tangled. I was never an ice age fan. I was planning on skipping this one in the theaters. Dh and kids have been trying to convince me to go. I apreciate all the good reviews! It makes me feel better spending the money for the theater.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:36 AM   #23
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyem View Post
Dont hate me but from the trailers i have seen it looks more like ice age meets tangled. I was never an ice age fan. I was planning on skipping this one in the theaters. Dh and kids have been trying to convince me to go. I apreciate all the good reviews! It makes me feel better spending the money for the theater.
I'm glad you're going to go. I think you'll enjoy the movie. I would very much like to hear your opinion after you see the movie. Especially since you didn't care for the trailer.

Enjoy!

2014 November - ?
Old 11-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #24
Rowi
Earning My Ears

Some people have already seen it and they say it's a really amazing movie!!! Can't wait!!!
Rowi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:11 PM   #25
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran

My plans for this evening changed, and my wife and I were able to see it at 7:40 in 3D.

Very good movie. Good songs, good characters, good story. I liked the twist on the usual fairytale ideas of falling for your prince and true love's kiss. And I can't stop humming, "Let It Go."

My wife's favorite was Sven, the reindeer. I liked Olaf the snowman.

The visuals were stunning, the 3D was very good. I am anxious to compare the 2D version which I should see tomorrow.

This story can be dark at times, but is upbeat in it's conclusion. I expect to see it on broadway with a few more songs in a few years.

2014 November - ?
Old 11-27-2013, 02:45 AM   #26
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pirate 2 View Post
~Hey Pirate. DH & I are planning to take the kids to see Frozen on Thanksgiving morning -- it's going to be a super cold and messy Thanksgiving this year, so the Thanksgiving parade is out -- we'll just have to give our tickets away, so let me know if you want them. Anyway, if you decide to see this movie, I hope you post a review!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowstonetim View Post
My plans for this evening changed, and my wife and I were able to see it at 7:40 in 3D.

Very good movie. Good songs, good characters, good story. I liked the twist on the usual fairytale ideas of falling for your prince and true love's kiss. And I can't stop humming, "Let It Go."

My wife's favorite was Sven, the reindeer. I liked Olaf the snowman.

The visuals were stunning, the 3D was very good. I am anxious to compare the 2D version which I should see tomorrow.

This story can be dark at times, but is upbeat in it's conclusion. I expect to see it on broadway with a few more songs in a few years.
~Thanks for the review! We're planning on seeing Frozen Thanksgiving morning or later in the evening, but I'm so tempted to squeeze it in tomorrow. I think I better purchase our seats in advance, so we can have a better selection. I'm so disappointed that Catching Fire has all of the IMAX, DBOX and E3 theaters. Unfortunately, luxury seating is only offered for Frozen in 2D, but I really wanted to see it in 3D. Anyway, I can't wait.

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:38 PM   #27
abinormal
Mouseketeer

I'm looking forward to it. It's going to be my little Elsa's first trip to the movies.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:05 PM   #28
drdisneygirl
Earning My Ears

Just got back from seeing the movie... it was great!!! The music was wonderful and the story was very sweet, and not at all what I thought it was going to be! Great job, Disney!!
drdisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:00 PM   #29
momof2n2
I homeschool. What's your superpower? ♥

Took my 7 & 9 yo DDs to see it today. I haven't seen/wanted to see many princess (or other Disney) movies (no flames), but this storyline intrigued me; and it got a good review from the source I prefer. I genuinely enjoyed it and that is saying a lot as I am not big on many movies. I loved the animation & the music. I was surprised by a plot twist I hadn't read about. I sincerely look forward to watching it again with my sons & other DD. I'd love to see this live in parks.
All stays offsite.
DCL - 3n WONDER 2001
DCL - 4n MAGIC 2014
DLR in '77 & '98
Weighing DLR vs. DCL for 5/2015
momof2n2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:32 PM   #30
xlsm
Snow White

We all went to see this tonight. Amazing. LOVED IT. The whole audience was really into it! Anna is so relatable and likeable and Olaf is precious.

The music is great, the story is good, the characters are strong...this one is a home run!

My first trip report! Please join me! - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3317206

xlsm is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: