Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-21-2013, 03:54 PM   #1
Stephluva
Earning My Ears
 
Stephluva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 25

Question Pressed Pennies/Quarters at Beach Club

I'm getting conflicting reports about the pressed coins at the Beach Club. One website says that BC has a pressed coin machine with the BC logo, but another site says that only YC has the pressed coin with their logo. I'm staying at BC, so I would like a coin with the BC logo. Anyone been recently who can either confirm/deny that? TIA
__________________
STEPHANIE
WDW O/S many times WDW '97 ASM WDW '00 ASMo

Stephluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:57 AM   #2
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 10,535

I have a pressed penny from both the Yacht Club and the Beach Club and pressed quarters with the logo from each resort.

I did not get them myself, they came from a friend who visited a couple of years ago, so I don't know what the current availability is. At the time, the machines were in the arcade. Again, I don't know if that is still the case.

I am going to post your question over on the BC/YC FAQ board to see if anyone knows the answer about what is there now, or if someone could check on an upcoming visit.
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-22-2013, 09:14 AM   #3
carmelhp
Mouseketeer
 
carmelhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Carmel, IN
Posts: 199

pennycollector.com says this is available:




This is the location description (from 4 years ago):

"Located outside arcade between the Yacht Club and the Beach Club.

Machine 1: Doc 6 of 7, Beach Club logo, Princess Belle 6 of 6.
Machine 2: Surfing Mickey, Yacht Club logo, Bashful 7 of 7.
Machine 3: Mickey waiving
Machine 4: Mickey looking left with hands out from sides

3/28/09 The machines are in the Arcade next to Beaches & Cream ice cream parlor. All machines are working. The Beaches Resort quarter Machine sticks. Very hard to get the quarter tray back out."
__________________
carmelhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:51 PM   #4
Stephluva
Earning My Ears
 
Stephluva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I have a pressed penny from both the Yacht Club and the Beach Club and pressed quarters with the logo from each resort.

I did not get them myself, they came from a friend who visited a couple of years ago, so I don't know what the current availability is. At the time, the machines were in the arcade. Again, I don't know if that is still the case.

I am going to post your question over on the BC/YC FAQ board to see if anyone knows the answer about what is there now, or if someone could check on an upcoming visit.
Thanks so much! I already subscribe to that thread, and it has been a wonderful source of information! I will check back there to see if anyone has an answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmelhp View Post
pennycollector.com says this is available:




This is the location description (from 4 years ago):

"Located outside arcade between the Yacht Club and the Beach Club.

Machine 1: Doc 6 of 7, Beach Club logo, Princess Belle 6 of 6.
Machine 2: Surfing Mickey, Yacht Club logo, Bashful 7 of 7.
Machine 3: Mickey waiving
Machine 4: Mickey looking left with hands out from sides

3/28/09 The machines are in the Arcade next to Beaches & Cream ice cream parlor. All machines are working. The Beaches Resort quarter Machine sticks. Very hard to get the quarter tray back out."
Thanks for the response! That was one of the websites I had checked out, along with allears and presscoins. Every source gives different information, so it's been difficult to find out if there is actually a BC logo coin

I feel like I may just have to wait and find out for myself
__________________
STEPHANIE
WDW O/S many times WDW '97 ASM WDW '00 ASMo

Stephluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:28 PM   #5
RhinoIsAwesome
Mouseketeer
 
RhinoIsAwesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 219

Pennycollector.com has an app. It's really useful in the parks. The only thing missing from the app is a check list. A check list would be so helpful because there are so many machines in the parks.
RhinoIsAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:31 PM   #6
Stephluva
Earning My Ears
 
Stephluva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoIsAwesome View Post
Pennycollector.com has an app. It's really useful in the parks. The only thing missing from the app is a check list. A check list would be so helpful because there are so many machines in the parks.
I found a bunch of different checklists on presscoins.com, so I'm thinking I might print some of those out for my trip. Here's hoping they're up to date though, I don't want to waste my time looking for machines that aren't really there LoL

Still haven't gotten a report on the BC logo coins….anyone…anyone? Bueller?
__________________
STEPHANIE
WDW O/S many times WDW '97 ASM WDW '00 ASMo

Stephluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:10 AM   #7
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 10,535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephluva View Post
I found a bunch of different checklists on presscoins.com, so I'm thinking I might print some of those out for my trip. Here's hoping they're up to date though, I don't want to waste my time looking for machines that aren't really there LoL

Still haven't gotten a report on the BC logo coins&.anyone&anyone? Bueller?
miked0292, or something like that, said he would check on his upcoming trip if he remembers.

I definitely have two pennies, one with BC and one with YC logo and quarters with each logo, but again, they are a couple of years old.

I will be interested in the answer to what is currently available, too!

natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.