Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2013, 12:19 AM   #1
Princess Jes
Mouseketeer

Delta/Virgin SYD to LAX: economy vs premium economy

It's wondering if anyone has flown both and can give any info on price difference, space difference and whether they felt it was "worth it" (knowing full well that "worth" is different to everyone)

We are flying from Melb to Syd, then on to LAX and then on to MCO, so a good 25+ hours of travel, so I thought it might make life a little better if premium economy isn't too much more...?

TIA!

2014 - Royal Pacific Resort (First leg of USA Honeymoon)
2014 - Yacht Club (Second leg of USA Honeymoon)
Princess Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:52 AM   #2
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Jes View Post
It's wondering if anyone has flown both and can give any info on price difference, space difference and whether they felt it was "worth it" (knowing full well that "worth" is different to everyone)

We are flying from Melb to Syd, then on to LAX and then on to MCO, so a good 25+ hours of travel, so I thought it might make life a little better if premium economy isn't too much more...?

TIA!
We were lucky enough to be upgraded to Premium economy on our VA flight it was awesome we arrived without aching bodies I was stunned at how much difference it made we paid for economy comfort on Delta flight home and it was also great to have more leg room the seat was just a standard size seat but VA was better but if I was paying I'd probably go the Economy comfort way on Delta but then again we have booked VA only for our next flight
Old 11-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #3
gogo65
Cheering for Disney

We have flown Virgin PE and it was great, cost wise though it is about double the price, it was comfortable the extra width of the seat was good. Food was only Just better than economy. Agree that I would pay for delta economy comfort at around $150 one way, get the extra legroom just not the width. Probably better value than PE on virgin.
Of course if you can get a great deal on PE then go for it just not worth double the price.( we flew on points)
DL Carousal Inn and Suites 12/09
Paris Disney 07/11
WDW Allstar Music 4/12

gogo65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: