Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2013, 10:09 PM   #31
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Ahh you went to my home sweet home, the BC. And my favorite server was in the background in one of your pictures! Now I should really know his name by now, because I swear, he's been serving us for over 10 years. And you know what, he recognizes us each trip, walks up to the table and says, "No Way Jose right?"...we say yup! And laugh every time. Awesome first day Cass!! Love it. And I feel the exact same way the first day in the gift shops, know just how you all felt. And good job Mom for holding back on not telling her not to buy that stuff, that's what fun memories are all about, well done!
Old 11-17-2013, 10:18 PM   #32
mckryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
Ahh you went to my home sweet home, the BC. And my favorite server was in the background in one of your pictures! Now I should really know his name by now, because I swear, he's been serving us for over 10 years. And you know what, he recognizes us each trip, walks up to the table and says, "No Way Jose right?"...we say yup! And laugh every time.
Brian! We love him!
mckryan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2013, 10:24 PM   #33
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Great start! I love B&C!

Jill in CO
Old 11-17-2013, 10:28 PM   #34
Jillpie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckryan View Post
Brian! We love him!
Brian of course, that's it!
Old 11-18-2013, 01:58 PM   #35
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Interesting, we checked in at Pop on October 30 and were not given Key to the World cards. I remember getting to the door and thinking "Where's my room key?!" before remembering the Magic Band...
Yup, apparently the very next day some people were not getting the KTTW card! I think I would have made a big stink about it if they hadn't given me them just because they are still in test mode and there are tons of problems with the bands still

Quote:
Originally Posted by flafan View Post
Subscribing GREAT so far and cant not wait till the next installment
Kira is Adorable!!
Awww thanks! We think she's kinda cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britard View Post
Subbing too! Better late than never. Enjoying the excitement so far! I love Kira's glasses!
Hardly late! You joined in before I finished Day 1, so I would say perfect timing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
What a great evening! I have never had food at b&C, onlly icecream and I sure loved that. I do find often the wait time is less than they predict in most cases. It's almost like they want you to say no and go away.

I am laughing the Kira came up with $150 worth of stuff already on your first night. too funny.
LOL and I rarely have the ice cream I'm not a big ice cream fan though but I do know most people go there just for the ice cream. I was going to ask for the half portion of the No Way Jose to share between the three of us but Rob got ice cream as a drink so that changed my plan

Yeah, $150 seems like a lot but really it wasn't! She bought 4 or 5 of those special pens, which are like $12-$15 each! She bought a princess doodle kit, which was $15! A hat that was $20, some $30 doll set, a big sucker and a couple of little things $150 does not go very far in Disney World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
Ahh you went to my home sweet home, the BC. And my favorite server was in the background in one of your pictures! Now I should really know his name by now, because I swear, he's been serving us for over 10 years. And you know what, he recognizes us each trip, walks up to the table and says, "No Way Jose right?"...we say yup! And laugh every time. Awesome first day Cass!! Love it. And I feel the exact same way the first day in the gift shops, know just how you all felt. And good job Mom for holding back on not telling her not to buy that stuff, that's what fun memories are all about, well done!
Hahahaha, too funny! I know who you are talking about! I pointed him out to Rob that evening and said, hey, he served us in 1999!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Great start! I love B&C!

Jill in CO
Seems like everyone loves it! They need to make it bigger
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #36
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

signing on! Love your TR so far, and your DD is adorable!

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club, July 2014 Disney's HHI Resort

ProudMommyof2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:35 AM   #37
hjohnson6
Mouseketeer

Jumping on board! I am so excited to see another trip report from you. Oh my Word! Kira is huge!!!! She is turning into a pretty young lady.

All Star Music - September 2007
One day at DLR - May 2008
hjohnson6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #38
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!
shakes dollar bills for good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post

How about this one???

Ok.....now THAT'S a little grumpy. LOL
cntkg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:02 PM   #39
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
signing on! Love your TR so far, and your DD is adorable!
Awww shucks, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjohnson6 View Post
Jumping on board! I am so excited to see another trip report from you. Oh my Word! Kira is huge!!!! She is turning into a pretty young lady.
LOL, she's grown up a little since the last one, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntkg1 View Post
Ok.....now THAT'S a little grumpy. LOL
The grumpiness does not always come across in photos

---

Sorry folks, I was trying to get another chapter done today but I am spent! This cold is kicking my butt

Tomorrow for sure
Old 11-20-2013, 09:28 PM   #40
Jillpie

Feel better Cass
Old 11-21-2013, 01:59 PM   #41
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 2 - Part 1 - Ummm, where did all these people come from???

I was up around 6am, hopped in the shower and got ready before waking up the family.

Since we got in so late last night and went straight to the pool then bed, we had just left all of our previous night's purchases in the bag. Well, first thing Kira did was look for all her new goodies

After opening a few things, she just remained on the bed playing with her new toys, happy as a clam!

We got all ready for the day, made some breakfast for Rob & Kira and then while I was packing up our day bag, I put on Stacy's Top 10 on the TV for Kira and she LOVED it HAHAH! She kept telling us about all the stuff and asked us if we were going to do that. I've never liked the Stacy show until this trip!

All ready for Animal Kingdom!

Drove the 5 minutes it took to AK, parked and then she FREAKED out when she saw the tram LOL! She REALLY wanted to take it, so we hopped aboard! It was weird seeing doors on the trams! Last time I was here, there were no doors and I hadn't read any trip reports that had mentioned them so it was quite the shock to see them!

We arrived right at park opening, bag check was pretty quick, as was getting into the park.

This was our first experience with the new entrances, as opposed to the old turnstyles and it was pretty neat! We had no problems with the bands and Kira did great all on her own, tapping her band and using her finger for the scan.

The plan was to ride the Safari, head to the Boneyard while Rob and I would trade off to use our FP+ for Expedition Everest (10-11am). Sounded good, right?

Well, we got to the Safari, along with a few thousand others it seemed, and the line ended right under the sign!!! I went up close to see if it was just a big traffic jam but it wasn't! That is where the line actually ended! It was exactly 9:15am

I looked around and the place was PACKED! Normal season, my BUTT!!! So, I found a non-crowded spot in the shade (that wasn't easy with these crowds!) and checked the MDE app to see if I could change our FP's to an earlier time. BINGO! Not only was I able to change our EE FP to 9-10am but I also changed our other FP (Finding Nemo, which I knew we weren't going to use anyway) to the Safari for 10-11am

That is the walkway from near the Safari towards Expedition Everest...the one spot in the park that wasn't filled with a gazillion people yet!

We walked over to EE and while I used my FP, Kira and Rob watched. It was walk on for the FP return so 10 minutes later, it was Rob's turn to ride while I gave Kira a snack.

This kid doesn't eat much but she eats OFTEN!! Good thing I am a prepared momma

Once the big kids got their EE fix, we headed over to the Boneyard.

It didn't open until 10AM, which was 10 minutes away, so we took a quick ride on Triceratops Spin.

Headed back to the Bone Yard for 10 but they hadn't opened yet. While waiting, Kira got her groove on and was dancing to the music that was blaring nearby.

She entertained us until they let us in and then off she went...

She had tons of fun but was ready to move on after only 20 minutes. Told ya she gets bored

She had a great time and it was nice to just sit and chill in the shade for a bit. I just wished they would turn the music down a bit because the volume was ridiculously high and we both felt deaf by the time we left
Old 11-21-2013, 03:23 PM   #42
starousse
DIS Veteran

Loving your report so far. Can't wait to read the rest. We're doing land and sea in May, so I'm curious to see how your trip panned out.
starousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #43
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!
shakes dollar bills for good luck

Quote:

Love the tootsie polish, Miss Kira!
cntkg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:22 PM   #44
Jillpie

Nice start in AK...Jambo! (Which we said a million times in Africa, can't wait to speak the Swahili we learned when we get back to this park). Can't wait for more!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: