Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #1
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

"It's Fast! It's a Blast! It's in the Past!" - A Nov Solo Trip - The Finale

Hello!

Welcome to my 4th trip report! I felt the quote from Dinosaur! was a perfect title, as 1) the trip was a fast, 5-day trip; 2) it was, of course, a blast!; and 3) it is definitely in the past!

If you're interested in the PTR (), you can find it here.

This trip was a solo trip from November 12-16th, staying at BWV in a 1-bedroom. It was my first stay at BWV; look at this view (please ignore the terrifying clown)!

Don't like the clown? How about this?:

Wonderful!

What did I do on this trip?

I used and loved the Magic Bands! I did everything imaginable with the band, and I'll discuss my experiences. I charged on them, used them as a room key, switched my tickets (on the band) to an AP (on the band), used FP+ for both rides AND BOG, swam in it, showered in it, and switched ride times and parks on the fly.

I had a Dis meetup, a surprise visitor, a four-park-one-day-park-hopping extravaganza, a special viewing of Illuminations that was NOT a FP+, and won a pair of Glow With the Show ears (which I wore a LOT!)!

I ate at BOG TWICE, and rode Soarin for the first time in 2 years - with a little mishap....!

I did a little double dipping. No flames please.

I went to MVMCP and I saw the Osborne Lights (and I wore my ears to both!).

And I did quite a bit of chatting with strangers and eavesdropping, since, after all, I was solo.

Who am I?

I'm Zehn:

There won't be a lot of pictures of me, since, after all, I was solo. I live 1,157 miles north of Disney, in the Chicago area. I don't have any kids but I do have 8 nieces and nephews; I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters, so there are a lot of us running around! I was glad to leave Chicago and head to Florida, because it was COLD before I left:

Favorites:
Favorite Disney Movie: tough one, but I'll say Pinocchio, with The Three Caballeros not far behind!
Favorite Disney Park: this trip it was a toss up between Epcot and MK!
Favorite Disney Ride: Tower of Terror
Favorite Disney Food: I have to eat cotton candy every time I go. But this time, I found the carved turkey sandwich at BOG and I was in LOVE.
Favorite Disney Hotel: I couldn't choose between YC and CR. If I had to, I'd choose... a YC/CR split stay!

So come read my report and relive my trip with me!

Coming up next? The Table of Contents! Exciting, right??!

Last edited by ZehnJahren; 12-22-2013 at 07:55 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: