Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2013, 08:09 AM   #211
AustralianJetsetter
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdkdmac View Post
I'm so glad I stumbled upon your trip report! You have done a fabulous job with journaling and with your pictures!

We are going on our very first cruise in May (2014) on the Dream. We have a trifecta of celebrations ... our 30th wedding anniversary, my DD's 21st birthday and my DS's 18th birthday! We will be in stateroom 12520. I'm hoping to book a cabana ... your cabana pictures are amazing! ... well....all of your pictures are amazing!

I'm completely impressed with you ... you are a single mom and are working so hard to become an ARNP, along with working full time ... and still finding time to work on your trip report! KUDOS!

Thanks so much for sharing!
Hey there,

We are also first time cruisers on the Dream in May in stateroom 12520!!!! How about that. We sail May 4-8. When are you guys going? Congrats for all of the celebrations :-)
AustralianJetsetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:39 PM   #212
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

updated 11/21/13

...picking up where i left off...here are some more pictures of our cabana experience.

beautiful cabanas.

cabana #10

fresh water shower anyone??

after exploring our cabana, emme & i decided to play in the beautiful water. i'm not gonna lie though...the water was a bit cold. even though it was "warm" on castaway cay, it was windy & living in florida, the water felt a bit cold to us. i had wished it was 5 degrees warmer on this day. the wind really made it feel so much cooler.

here are a few panaramic shots:

another bonus with the cabana is the access to floats during your stay. there were plenty of floats to use in the cabana area. they were easy to access and readily available! score!!

i braved the cooler temperature water & grabbed a float mat & made my way into the water.

after a few minutes in the water, it wasn't all that bad. the sun was shining, there were no waves...it was so peaceful & absolutely relaxing.

here is an underwater picture:

look how clear the water is!! so glorious & much prettier than jacksonville beach...that's for sure.

i also had a visitor who wanted to share the float mat with me.

it was very tricky to get the both of us on the mat without flipping over into the water. we weren't very graceful but with a little bit of balance, we managed to stay on and float together in the water. it was a really awesome moment together.

after playing in the water, emme decided she wanted to rinse off in the shower.

and then, she played in the sand while i relaxed in the hammock. tough life, i know.

another additional perk: access to sand toys!

and one of my favorite pictures from this trip:

i spent a good bit laying in the hammock and watching this move with the wind:

cheesy but the combination = ultimate relaxion [the ice cold corona also helped!]

up next, more castaway cay!!!
emmebear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2013, 06:59 AM   #213
bellebud
DIS Veteran

gorgeous pics - you're a very talented photographer

The one of you and your daughter on the floating mat w/ her laying on you, totally pulled at my heartstrings (my dd is 14yo and we're very close). Enjoy your precious little girl!
bellebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:23 PM   #214
kdkdmac
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustralianJetsetter View Post
Hey there,

We are also first time cruisers on the Dream in May in stateroom 12520!!!! How about that. We sail May 4-8. When are you guys going? Congrats for all of the celebrations :-)
Thanks! We sail May 22-25 We will be at WDW and Clearwater Beach May 12-21. I can't wait!
kdkdmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:07 PM   #216
SKEEWEE 96
Earning My Ears

Thank you for your TR

I have enjoyed reading your trip report. I will be cruising with my DGDs in March and can't wait. I wasn't sure I wanted to pay for the cabanas on Castaway Cay but I took the plunge and after reading your posts am glad I did.
SKEEWEE 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:28 AM   #217
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Love, love, love. Love everything. Merry Christmas to you and your family too! Love your trip report!
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:11 AM   #219
DisFan01908
Earning My Ears

Amazing trip report with gorgeous pictures! Emme is just the most beautiful, adorable little girl. Glad you all had such a fantastic time! Don't know that I'll ever be able to splurge on Concierge Level, or a cabana for that matter, but it's great to read about your experience & see all the wonderful pics! Happy New Year!!
DisFan01908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:01 AM   #220
AustralianJetsetter
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmebear View Post
Back at you lovely ladies

Looking forward to reading more of your trip report!!
AustralianJetsetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:00 AM   #221
niftyswifty
Earning My Ears

Fantastic Trip Report!

This is one of the best trip reports I've read! You are a talent - both with photography and with words. I feel like I can actually 'hear' you speaking as I'm reading

Thanks so much for sharing!! I think you've inspired me to write a trip report. We are traveling on the Fantasy 1/11. This is our 2nd trip on the Fantasy - the first time I kept a detailed journal and took tons of pics to write a report and never got the nerve to write it

So happy you had such a wonderful trip with your daughter (exceptionally adorable!) and your mom!

This will be our 5th Disney Cruise... hoping to one day experience concierge!

Happy New Year!!
niftyswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:18 AM   #222
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftyswifty View Post
This is one of the best trip reports I've read! You are a talent - both with photography and with words. I feel like I can actually 'hear' you speaking as I'm reading Thanks so much for sharing!! I think you've inspired me to write a trip report. We are traveling on the Fantasy 1/11. This is our 2nd trip on the Fantasy - the first time I kept a detailed journal and took tons of pics to write a report and never got the nerve to write it So happy you had such a wonderful trip with your daughter (exceptionally adorable!) and your mom! This will be our 5th Disney Cruise... hoping to one day experience concierge! Happy New Year!!

Thank you for the kind words & for reading along!

Trip reports are really fun. But then sometimes life gets in the way and they take forever to complete. Lol.

Enjoy your cruise and happy new year!

Thank you everyone for commenting and joining in!
Old 01-12-2014, 01:40 PM   #223
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Will be updating soon!

I have so much to share! Can't believe it's almost been a year since this cruise.

Thanks everyone for reading along!
Old 02-08-2014, 12:37 AM   #224
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

updated 2/7/14

it's been a hot minute since my last update. with all the cold weather in florida, what's better than some pictures of gorgeous castaway cay?

i'm dedicating this post to the food served at cookie's too.

but before i begin, i mentioned that there is a button you push while in the cabana and like magic, a member of the concierge team comes to your cabana. i had no idea someone would come so quickly or even if the button works, but yes, the button works and a few seconds later, someone magically appears.

i pressed the button and kemisha came in a flash. i asked if there was any fruit on the buffet. she told me to relax & she would bring me some. i told her i could get it but she reiterated that i relax & that she would be back in a jiffy.

she brought back a plate of watermelon and papaya. the papaya was soooo sweet! the watermelon was absolutely refreshing & emme devoured almost all of it.

like i said before, the service was out of this world amazing. kudos so the concierge team for being fantastic.

after playing in the sand, we got hungry & decided to take the short walk to cookies too.

the walk was really nice & we got to see more of the island.

we finally made it to our destination:

cookies two was set up in buffet fashion. there was two serving lines and each line had the same food. it was a little unorganized as it's always awkward in figuring out where the beginning and end is. and when people are hungry, it's no holds barred...you just go for it.

despite the massive amount of people this buffet served, i was surprised as to how clean it was.

after piling food on our trays, we covered them up & walked back to our cabana.

the spread:

i loved everything on this plate...especially the fresh tomatoes. yummy!

the burger was a pretty sad dry burger. however, the chicken was moist & the cous cous was really good...as was the red potatoes.

the fruit was so fresh. i did have to wait a few minutes for them to bring out some more papaya but it was well worth the wait.

and lunch with a view:

it was such a wonderful luxury to eat this delicious lunch on our sun deck. it really did feel like a total vacation right at this moment...a bit surreal if you ask me.

overall, i thought the offerings at cookie's two was really tasty (minus the dry burger). i enjoyed eating the meal with my family & also having a cold corona...the view could not be beat!

Old 02-08-2014, 09:04 AM   #225
DisneYE
Mouseketeer

Great TR and pictures...thanks for sharing...all 3 of you are adorable and I'm glad you all had a great time..best wishes..

Tags
12020, concierge, eastern, fantasy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: