Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2013, 08:03 AM   #76
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
I believe the entrance to it is hidden between Canada and England. It is not actually defunct, they DO use it for special events.
Yes.
That is where it is and, unless you are looking for it or it is being used for some function, you would not notice it. Most of the perimeter of EPCOT toward the backs of pavilions have gates that go backstage.
That's just what the entrance to the old Millennium Village area looks like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
They have info on where the cranes are because it affects their job. They do not necessarily have info on why the cranes are there.

Same thing for construction walls, if the party wants to have pictures taken in certain areas that might be affected.

I'll bet you donuts that they weren't told (or if somehow they knew, they could NOT say) that the building being constructed at the Grand Floridian which would have affected the Wedding Pavilion was a DVC building, until it was actually announced. If they did say so, then they were working off the same rumors we all knew, and not on any official info.
That makes sense.
And, they would be sharing information with guests based on need to know.
Someone whose wedding is going to be at the Boardwalk wedding pavilion would not need o know information about projects at MK.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #77
Q-man
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
I believe the entrance to it is hidden between Canada and England. It is not actually defunct, they DO use it for special events.
Thanks. I've been wondering for awhile what the building, I see on google satellite view, between Canada and GB was/is.

It looks like an inflatable type building/tent from the satellite shots?
Q-man is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2013, 01:09 PM   #78
jwhee
Earning My Ears

To the people here that think the attractions in WOL have been gutted, you are very wrong...
jwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #79
DanBoris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhee View Post
To the people here that think the attractions in WOL have been gutted, you are very wrong...
I have heard from two pretty reliable sources on another forum that the Body Wars simulators are gone, someone even provided a picture of the empty bay:

I believe Cranium Command is still there but the queue area is gone.
DanBoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:36 PM   #80
jwhee
Earning My Ears

Cranium command is still there, part of the queue is gone, Body Wars queue is there, exit is sealed off by a wall, but I think at least one sim is still there. It's too big if a project for them to removed all 4 sims under cover.
jwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:45 AM   #81
ErinTwinmom
Earning My Ears

I doubt it but...

Isn't Disney making some of the star tours/ body wars style vehicles already for some iron man thing in China? With that sort of thing the price per unit tends to go down the more units you purchase so maybe there is the barest of hopes.
ErinTwinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:15 PM   #82
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

There is a report out that Nikon is now the Official Camera Company for both Disneyland and Disney World. Is it possible that they may also pick up the sponsorship of the Imagination Pavilion?!

Check out this link http://blog.wdwinfo.com/2013/11/19/e...nd-disneyland/

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:25 PM   #83
diamondpixienc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
There is a report out that Nikon is now the Official Camera Company for both Disneyland and Disney World. Is it possible that they may also pick up the sponsorship of the Imagination Pavilion?!

Check out this link http://blog.wdwinfo.com/2013/11/19/e...nd-disneyland/
^^^This makes since. ;0)

diamondpixienc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 04:56 PM   #84
TI Park
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinTwinmom View Post
Isn't Disney making some of the star tours/ body wars style vehicles already for some iron man thing in China? With that sort of thing the price per unit tends to go down the more units you purchase so maybe there is the barest of hopes.
I don't think Disney has the theme park rights to iron man because of universal
TI Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:04 PM   #85
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TI Park View Post
I don't think Disney has the theme park rights to iron man because of universal
Those rights are limited to theme parks east of the Mississippi. Disney has full rights to use them elsewhere.

As for using the Body Wars simulators for it, I would think they'd go with newer technology for a brand new attraction. It is my understanding (not confirmed) that the Body Wars units were used for spare parts for Star Tours (they were the same basic model), as well as testing of the Star Tours 2 enhancements. So there may still be a functioning unit back there, but likely not all of them.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #86
PuppyJonathan
Mouseketeer

If it wasn't for the rights thing that would make so much sense!
PuppyJonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:48 PM   #87
WDWDustin
Earning My Ears

I'm pretty sure the Iron Man attraction was already confirmed for Japan or Hong Kong. I can't remember which.
WDWDustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:53 AM   #88
DanBoris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWDustin View Post
I'm pretty sure the Iron Man attraction was already confirmed for Japan or Hong Kong. I can't remember which.
Hong Kong:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...yland-in-2016/
DanBoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #89
WebmasterCricket
Administrator
I'm what Willis was talkin' about

DISboards Administrator

I say this only due to someone else bringing it up (@YoPaulieNJ)and it is a rumor forum afterall...

Jason Grandt (@43squaremiles) who officialy brought back the "Orange Bird" has been drawing a lot of Figment doing odd stuff lately (like playing with a puppy??) exactly like he did for the bird before it was re-released. Of course he can't say anything about official stuff, but that is the sort of thing he does. Also posting comments like, "I just can't get enough of Epcot lately" on a nice photo of that pavilion goes in that direction somewhat. Only time will tell I suppose.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:53 AM   #90
lauran cameron
One little spark of inspiration...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterCricket View Post
I say this only due to someone else bringing it up (@YoPaulieNJ)and it is a rumor forum afterall...

Jason Grandt (@43squaremiles) who officialy brought back the "Orange Bird" has been drawing a lot of Figment doing odd stuff lately (like playing with a puppy??) exactly like he did for the bird before it was re-released. Of course he can't say anything about official stuff, but that is the sort of thing he does. Also posting comments like, "I just can't get enough of Epcot lately" on a nice photo of that pavilion goes in that direction somewhat. Only time will tell I suppose.
This is potentially great news!

(Love your signature btw!)

lauran cameron is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: