Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 12:40 PM   #1336
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran

Better late than never

So we recently returned from a week long club level stay at BWI. First let me say that we did stay 2 nights (Oct 24 and Oct 25) Club level at the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal. While we loved the rides and Harry Potter at universal, their hotels are SOOOO NOT Magical. Very few of the hotel staff even spoke to us. We were so excited to move over to the Boardwalk Inn. Our magical stay there started with a wonderful and cheerful greeting from the parking lot security guard.

We stayed at BWI from Oct 26 to Nov 2. We requested a garden view room and were assigned room 4230. This room was wonderful. It is right around the corner from the Innkeepers Club lounge and it overlooked the gardens and quiet pool. You could also see the Eiffel Tower and the higher Epcot fireworks from our patio.

At check in, we had a few challenges with one of our magic bands. 2 in our party have annual passes, but one only had a single day ticket we were upgrading to a 7 day hopper at check in. I had been told by the magic band technology team that when we upgraded the ticket, the hotel staff would be able to mirror/copy the fastpass + reservations from the other 2 onto the new 7 day ticket...well that didn't work. Instead of getting frustrated, the concierge staff and the hotel management took this as a learning opportunity and quickly worked through to get the fastpass plus reservations synched for all 3 bands.

Every single cm we encountered at the BWI was friendly and helpful. We had a great time. Our room was great.

I think my only complaint (and I find this at many hotels) is that the shower curtains don't always close right and you end up with a puddle on the bathroom floor.

Late Thursday, there appeared to be a leak from somewhere above the 4th floor near the elevators. The floor was soaked and after a day, it did have a bit of an odor.

Due to staff friendliness and location, this is one of my favorite Disney deluxe resorts.

Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
Mar 2014 WL, June 2014 CR CL, and Oct/Nov 2014 WL CL
Old 11-14-2013, 07:34 AM   #1337
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran

Bump and Ticker

I should also mention that we went to MNSSHP on Halloween so we missed the Halloween activities at the Boardwalk, but it looked like they were setting up for quite the party.

Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
Mar 2014 WL, June 2014 CR CL, and Oct/Nov 2014 WL CL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2013, 05:09 PM   #1338
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

Well its official we booked a standard room at BWI for Dec 8-10.

So can you please add us to the Boardwalk Bulletin. Thanks.

Its our first stay here so I hope we enjoy it. I am a little concerned with the mixed reviews I have been reading lately.

The christmas decorations look amazing though, so I am sure they will be fun to see!
Old 11-14-2013, 05:58 PM   #1339
BBGirl
DIS Veteran

Staying BWV 2BD BW view feb 8-15. So excited to be going with my family I can't think of a better group of people to share the magic with.
AKV Dec 2013
ASMu Nov-Dec 2008
Pop Nov-Dec 2006
ASSp Nov-Dec 2005
ASMo July 2005
Old 11-14-2013, 06:29 PM   #1340
JUDYKN
Mouseketeer

We are staying at BWV BW view 5/13-5/17!! Can't wait...so excited!!

Old 11-14-2013, 07:26 PM   #1341
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Obviously it's not like a MK view room at CR or the Poly, but still you can see some fireworks for sure!
psac, your pictures are wonderful - thanks so much! And I agree that it's not like an MK view from CR or Poly, but I think it's better! The view across the lake at BWI is really my favorite view in all of WDW. (So please keep your fingers crossed for our boardwalk view request when we stay CL in February!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathie859 View Post
Thanks to a once-in-a-lifetime ability to book stacking 2 discounts (one a concession for a disastrous Disney cruise and the other free dining) we are headed back to BWI CL Jan. 18-26 with DD, DSIL and the 3 DGKs. I've stay at the BWI with DH 3 times and infinitely prefer it over other CL's.
Yay, kathie! We love BWI CL! And while we've stayed at several WDW resorts, we've only stayed CL at BC, CR and BWI. BWI CL is our favorite of the CLs so far and it's difficult to imagine that another resort could beat it!

KOOK, just noticed that my dates are listed as 1/20-1/23 - wish our trip was that close, but we're 2/20-2/23 for the Princess Half Marathon!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL and CBR
Old 11-14-2013, 08:36 PM   #1342
psac
DIS Veteran

Wanted to take some pictures in the lobby, but my battery died. Did get a few.

Found my name on the back of one of those creepy carousel chairs! (That I learned about from that article.)

This one is Todd.

Earlier in the day.

My wife saw on a different thread a few weeks ago that Michelle Obama was going to be at MK today, so we made sure to avoid that park (just because of crowd control). It turned out the thread was wrong. She was at the Boardwalk! Politics aside, we didn't see her, but we saw on the news in the evening that she was here at the convention center for an event for an organization that promotes hiring Veterans. Since we went to Epcot today, we didn't see the front of the convention center at all, so no idea how the security was or if they rerouted the buses.

From Epcot
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 11-14-2013, 08:48 PM   #1343
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay View Post
I should also mention that we went to MNSSHP on Halloween so we missed the Halloween activities at the Boardwalk, but it looked like they were setting up for quite the party.
Glad you liked the BW so much! Ironically, we haven't stayed at the BWI side for a while now since the one time we stayed BW Club and was so blown away by the whole place that we bought a resale DVC contract here. No regrets, best decision we ever made, but do miss the Club service that was so great! Everyone has still been very friendly though. Sometimes I feel bad when people stop the work they're doing just to say hello.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmarypoppins View Post

Its our first stay here so I hope we enjoy it. I am a little concerned with the mixed reviews I have been reading lately.

The christmas decorations look amazing though, so I am sure they will be fun to see!
I think every resort has its good and bad features. I think it's easy to get a bad review if the resort doesn't have what's good for you (e.g., if you need a food court or full service quick serve, it may be best to stay elsewhere.). But obviously we love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBGirl View Post
Staying BWV 2BD BW view feb 8-15. So excited to be going with my family I can't think of a better group of people to share the magic with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDYKN View Post
Congrats to both of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
psac, your pictures are wonderful - thanks so much! And I agree that it's not like an MK view from CR or Poly, but I think it's better! The view across the lake at BWI is really my favorite view in all of WDW. (So please keep your fingers crossed for our boardwalk view request when we stay CL in February!)
Sending some good Boardwalk view mojo your way!! I agree about the view. It's so serene in the mornings, and then looks amazing in the sun. It may not be the best view in WDW, but I think it's my favorite view.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 11-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #1344
matt&jakesmom
DIS Veteran

We have decided to stay at the Boardwalk the night before our disney cruise next August. Looking forward to the trip already.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #1345
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSchrow View Post
a repost from the DVC resorts forum):

mouseplanet (jim korkis) wrote 2 incredibly informative articles about the BW. fantastic reading for BW addicts

http://www.mouseplanet.com/10250/Tre...llas__Part_One

http://www.mouseplanet.com/10251/Tre...illas_Part_Two

soooo, not only are the BWV & BWI gorgeous, with amazing views, activities, entertainment, & nightlife not available anywhere else in WDW, they also have a fascinating history.

just feeding the addiction
Thanks for re-posting. Jim's articles are great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay View Post
So we recently returned from a week long club level stay at BWI. First let me say that we did stay 2 nights (Oct 24 and Oct 25) Club level at the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal. While we loved the rides and Harry Potter at universal, their hotels are SOOOO NOT Magical. Very few of the hotel staff even spoke to us. We were so excited to move over to the Boardwalk Inn. Our magical stay there started with a wonderful and cheerful greeting from the parking lot security guard.

We stayed at BWI from Oct 26 to Nov 2. We requested a garden view room and were assigned room 4230. This room was wonderful. It is right around the corner from the Innkeepers Club lounge and it overlooked the gardens and quiet pool. You could also see the Eiffel Tower and the higher Epcot fireworks from our patio.

At check in, we had a few challenges with one of our magic bands. 2 in our party have annual passes, but one only had a single day ticket we were upgrading to a 7 day hopper at check in. I had been told by the magic band technology team that when we upgraded the ticket, the hotel staff would be able to mirror/copy the fastpass + reservations from the other 2 onto the new 7 day ticket...well that didn't work. Instead of getting frustrated, the concierge staff and the hotel management took this as a learning opportunity and quickly worked through to get the fastpass plus reservations synched for all 3 bands.

Every single cm we encountered at the BWI was friendly and helpful. We had a great time. Our room was great.

I think my only complaint (and I find this at many hotels) is that the shower curtains don't always close right and you end up with a puddle on the bathroom floor.

Late Thursday, there appeared to be a leak from somewhere above the 4th floor near the elevators. The floor was soaked and after a day, it did have a bit of an odor.

Due to staff friendliness and location, this is one of my favorite Disney deluxe resorts.
Thank you for posting about your stay and I'm glad your trip was a success.

Quote:

I'll add you and your trip is coming up soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBGirl View Post
I'll add you, too and happy planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDYKN View Post
What a great time of year to be able to go. I'll add you to the BWB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post

KOOK, just noticed that my dates are listed as 1/20-1/23 - wish our trip was that close, but we're 2/20-2/23 for the Princess Half Marathon!
Thanks for pointing out my error

Quote:
Found my name on the back of one of those creepy carousel chairs! (That I learned about from that article.)

This one is Todd.
Are you sure there isn't someone in your family named Todd? Thank you for posting your great photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt&jakesmom View Post
We have decided to stay at the Boardwalk the night before our disney cruise next August. Looking forward to the trip already.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:18 PM   #1346
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Wanted to take some pictures in the lobby, but my battery died. Did get a few.

From Epcot
]
Those are great pictures, especially the one of Epcot with the flowers.

Quote:

Welcome and have a great trip. If you have any concerns, feel free to post as this is a great group. We bought a DVC contract at the BWV because it is such a great resort.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 11-15-2013, 06:43 PM   #1347
psac
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the compliments! Check-out is tomorrow, boooo. We decided to stay in for dinner since we do have an early morning tomorrow, so we ordered salad and pizza from the in-room dining. I have no idea if it's the same pizza as the BW pizza window, but we were pleasantly surprised. Not the best ever for sure, but certainly very yummy. We said we'd probably do the same again next year on the last night.

Next year will probably be December for us instead of November, so it'll be full holiday mode when we're here. But that will mean 13 months instead of 12. Booooo again!

Not a picture of pizza.
Old 11-16-2013, 12:05 AM   #1348
happenin2you
Mouseketeer

I'm very excited to say that my husband and I will be staying at BWV for the first time May 18-23 before making our way to AKV Kidani May 23-28. It will be our first time staying at DVC as members, but not our first trip on points. We sailed to Alaska on the Wonder as our first official trip as owners. I can't wait to come home to BWV and AKV in May! We will be celebrating my college graduation and will be our last opportunity to go during the non-peak time as I will be starting my first year as a high school Spanish teacher in August. A big year ahead for us!
Old 11-16-2013, 12:37 PM   #1349
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
Thanks for re-posting. Jim's articles are great.
Yes, thanks for posting that. I knew every piece he talked about, but it was fascinating to read the history behind them.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:14 AM   #1350
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Can anyone check for BWI availability Dec 7-10 with passholder discount or just regular rate? Anytime I check for those dates only for BWI I always get an error message. I was just wondering if it was my computer.

Thanks!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: