Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2013, 08:24 PM   #31
JessM
We all have a dream

Hopefully we won't have to wait too long, but if we do all well we'll be in Disney so its ok!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! My parents think I'm crazy haha

That's good to know, I'll have to try to stop for those two. Those are two of our favorite pavilions so we'll probably stop and see those two at least. Hopefully their appearance schedule will work out so that we can see a few!

We have gone this same weekend at least 8 times and they normally extend the hours til midnight, hopefully they will again. Its definitely busy over there that night because of the parade taping and so few nights for regular Wishes but its totally worth it! Having FP+ reservations should work out really well.

Yeah I took the gray part off the orange one. Spencer's officially not coming on the trip but they still sent his band. I'm right on the cusp of being able to wear just the color part so I wanted to try it out. It's just a little short though, so I'm keeping the gray on mine!
JessM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:39 AM   #32
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

27 days, yippie!!!

I completely agree about WS at night! While pretty, you can't really take it all in as much as in the daytime.
"Smile like you're massaging my feet!" A Nov '14 TR!

WDW Visits: 1993, 1997
Disneyland/California Adventure Visit: 6/26/12
Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13 - An Early Christmas with Mom & Dad: 11/8/14-11/15/14
missangelalexis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2013, 08:05 AM   #33
JessM
We all have a dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by missangelalexis View Post
27 days, yippie!!!

I completely agree about WS at night! While pretty, you can't really take it all in as much as in the daytime.
The last 30 days are always the roughest lol, I'm TOO excited.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! My parents make fun of me about it all the time haha. I'm excited to do some day time exploring this trip.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #34
Suziannie
Mouseketeer

I'm reading along because I'll be there the 5th through the 10th too! We're also at Crystal Palace the same time you'll be.

I guess it really is a small world after all!
Suziannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:31 AM   #35
JessM
We all have a dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suziannie View Post
I'm reading along because I'll be there the 5th through the 10th too! We're also at Crystal Palace the same time you'll be.

I guess it really is a small world after all!
Wow that is a small world! You'll love Crystal Palace, I had a really great time there last year and I am very excited to go back!

Hope you trip planning is going well
Old 11-12-2013, 10:34 AM   #36
JessM
We all have a dream

Day 4 Plans!

Day 4 Plans!
MK and Epcot!

Only 24 more days to go! Hard to believe in two weeks it will be Thanksgiving too!

Today is our Character and Food overload day. Im really looking forward to it!

We are starting our day off with an 8:30am breakfast reservation at the CP! I cant wait to get some nice empty Main Street pictures!

If you remember last year, I was rushed down Main St by hungry gills

My parents were supposed to have breakfast at the Crystal Palace with us last year but they had to cancel, so Im excited to show them empty Main Street and have breakfast with the 100-acre wood gang!

Tiggers my fav!

After breakfast we will most likely hit up some of the Fantasyland rides. I did book a PP FP+ between (10-11am). Id like to do Little Mermaid, Pooh and IASM (missed this last year).

I also really want to meet Peter Pan and Wendy, Peter Pan is a childhood favorite of mine but somehow Ive never met him!

After Fantasyland we will likely make our way towards Frontierland we have a BTMRR FP+ booked between (11am and 12pm), Id also like to do Splash if its not freezing out.

Well have to ride Pirates again to appease my Dad, not that Im complaining! Id also like to hit up the Jingle Cruise sometime today.
Well likely round out the MK with SM FP+1pm-2pm.

Id like to spend some time on Main Street before we rush out. I love Main Street at night but I also like to look around during the day when my poor eyes can see all the details haha!

I want to check out all the window displays this year!

Last year we were at MK this same Sunday and it was dead all day (MVMCP night) so Im hoping for the same thing this year.

Well have to depart the MK around 3pm to make our next reservation over at Epcot at 4:15pm.

Must Dos for MK:
Eat at Crystal Palace
Take in all the details on Main Street
Meet Peter Pan and Wendy

Holiday Must Dos
The Jingle Cruise!

I just want to spend the day strolling MK, I dont even care what we end up doing!

We have reservations at the Garden Grill! We booked this as a CP package and Im really excited to eat here. I love Chip and Dale (any Rescue Ranger fans out there?!) and Mickey is just so cute in his overalls. We are eating at 4:15pm so we will have tickets to the 6:30pm show.

My Dad loves the Candlelight Processional so I know hes especially excited about this night. I love it too, but Ive never seen anyone love it like my Dad. He will likely ditch us Thursday, maybe Friday, and Monday nights to come see it again multiple times a night. Hes crazy.

After the show we will most likely head out of Epcot. We will have already gotten quite a bit of Epcot time in this trip so well most likely take the boat over to HS to see the Osborne Lights! HS has EMH until 10pm so well have plenty of time.

Spencer and I did something similar last year, we saw the CP, exited through the International Gateway and took the boat to HS to tour the Osborne Lights. It worked out well and the boat ride is a nice break haha!

Theres so much magical night time entertainment in December its hard to fit it all in haha. Im not the biggest Illuminations fan so seeing it Thursday will be enough for me. Id rather take tonight and see the lights and spend more time at MK when its open late then see Illuminations again.

Should be a busy but fun day!

Holiday Must Dos:
Candlelight Processional
Osborne Lights!
Old 11-12-2013, 10:50 AM   #37
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

This sounds like a great day!! Both Crystal Palace & Garden Grill are on my bucket list You definitely need to try and meet Peter & Wendy, they are so fun!
"Smile like you're massaging my feet!" A Nov '14 TR!

WDW Visits: 1993, 1997
Disneyland/California Adventure Visit: 6/26/12
Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13 - An Early Christmas with Mom & Dad: 11/8/14-11/15/14
missangelalexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:07 PM   #38
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Haha, I guess if there's one good thing with Spencer not being able to come (which I am saddened to hear), it's more opportunity to enjoy empty Main Street.

Garden Grill is a lot of people's favorite (not that I've ever been), but the character outfits are adorable. Wow, lots of characters this day!
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:23 PM   #39
JessM
We all have a dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by missangelalexis View Post
This sounds like a great day!! Both Crystal Palace & Garden Grill are on my bucket list You definitely need to try and meet Peter & Wendy, they are so fun!
I'm so excited, hopefully it will be a great day. Definitely try Crystal Palace, its so good!

I can't wait to meet Peter and Wendy, I love them so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Haha, I guess if there's one good thing with Spencer not being able to come (which I am saddened to hear), it's more opportunity to enjoy empty Main Street.

Garden Grill is a lot of people's favorite (not that I've ever been), but the character outfits are adorable. Wow, lots of characters this day!
Haha yeah gotta look on the brightside.

I'm excited for character overload day, it should be fun! I really enjoy meeting the characters but I don't want to hold up my parents by making them wait with me so meeting 8 at meals today will be great!
Old 11-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #40
JessM
We all have a dream

Day 4 Plans! HS and MK!

Day 5 Plans!
Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom!

I made FP+ selections at DHS before they became tiered. Thank god because I booked TSM, TOT and RNRC!

Today will be our HS morning!

That means being up early to try and get on TSM first thing : ) even though I did book a FP+ for later in the day.

Must beat my score from last year!

The plan is to hit up TSM first thing. Hopefully well be able to ride without much of a wait, I love this ride and I HAVE to ride it more than once.

<3 TSM

After TSM Id like to try to hit up one of the first Animation Academy Classes. This is on my must do list, Ive never done one before so Im pumped!

After the animation class well stroll over to TOT FP+ (10am-11am). Id like to catch the 11am Beauty and the Beast show before using our RNRC FP+ (11am-12pm). That way we wont be criss crossing too much!

I have a love hate relationship with TOT. I love the theming and the story, but I hate drops haha!

After RNRC there isnt much more we want to do besides our TSM FP+ (12pm-1pm). Id like to ride Star Tours, see muppet vision and ride the Great Movie ride but thats pretty much it. Weve seen all the shows at DHS multiple times so well play the afternoon by ear.

Its outdated and corny, but we still do it everytrip!

We dont have any other plans so well see what happens! This may be a great day to book an early dinner at HDDR or see some resort decorations!

Must do's at DHS:
  • TSM
  • Animation Class
  • Cupcake from Starring Rolls for breakfast, its vacation!

We do plan on heading back to MK tonight! Wishes is scheduled for 9pm. We do have the dessert party booked for tonight as well but we will probably cancel just keep the party on Saturday night. The plan is to see Wishes AGAIN! Yay! And maybe hit up anything we may have missed. Its our last night in Disney : (

Must Dos for MK:
See Wishes for the 3rd time.
I would like to catch the MSEP again, Im obsessed, its fine : )
Old 11-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #41
JessicaKnits
DIS Veteran

Your plans for Hollywood Studios sound great! Especially the cupcake part at Starring Rolls! YUM!
JessicaKnits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:43 AM   #42
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Good job on getting in before the tiering. Thankfully I did too!

Yup, Animation Academy is on my to do list too. I hope to draw somebody who actually does meets in the parks because I want to get a picture holding my masterpiece!

If my math is correct and this is the 9th, MK has EMH too from 9-11! Who knows, it will probably be later if/when Disney updates the park hours. A great way to spend the last night of the trip for sure.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:44 AM   #43
Suziannie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessM View Post
Wow that is a small world! You'll love Crystal Palace, I had a really great time there last year and I am very excited to go back!

Hope you trip planning is going well
We love love love Crystal Palace, it's one of our must absolutely do each trip. This is the first time (out of 6 trips!) that we were able to squeeze it in for breakfast! With the Christmas Party we didn't want a big lunch or dinner so it finally worked out.
Suziannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:58 AM   #44
JessM
We all have a dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaKnits View Post
Your plans for Hollywood Studios sound great! Especially the cupcake part at Starring Rolls! YUM!
I'm so excited for the cupcake haha, my Mom and I were dreaming about them this weekend I wish they'd add some more stuff to HS but I do love that park, and I can't wait to be reunited with TSM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Good job on getting in before the tiering. Thankfully I did too!

Yup, Animation Academy is on my to do list too. I hope to draw somebody who actually does meets in the parks because I want to get a picture holding my masterpiece!

If my math is correct and this is the 9th, MK has EMH too from 9-11! Who knows, it will probably be later if/when Disney updates the park hours. A great way to spend the last night of the trip for sure.
Oh good, I'm glad you squeaked in there too. I'm not a fan of the tiering at all! I'm glad I spent the time to get my parents tickets linked when I did.

Oooh that would be fun to take a picture with the character you draw. I'm stealing your idea, I might have them sign mine too!

You are right about the 9th. I was just looking at the hours on MDE app, they were wrong shocker haha! And you are right they got extended to 11-1am! A great way to end the last night of the trip! I'll sleep when I'm home
Old 11-18-2013, 11:34 AM   #45
JessM
We all have a dream

Disney Prep/Phase 1 Griswald Family Christmas/Real Life

Disney Prep/Phase 1 Griswald Family Christmas/Real Life!

Happy Monday Everyone!

I hope everyone had a good weekend. I had a great weekend and I just wanted to share some Disney prep/weekend happenings before I continue on with the plans for the trip!

We are 17 days out by the way!

So a week ago the Disney Store was having a 25% off plus free shipping sale, so I cracked and picked up a few things for the trip!

The first portion of my order arrived Thursday.

I got a pink Minnie and Mickey shirt and

This awesome crew neck sweatshirt! It was only $14.99 what a deal!
I also bought this little gem

Cute isnt he?

Well cute he may not be but cheap? Yes! He and his little friend were only $12.49! And I had a plan for him.

I actually stole the idea from abbybeths pre-trip report, which you can find here

I planned to spray paint the vinyl to collect character signatures for this trip!

I started out by priming him.

Then he got a total of 3 coats of color to get him completely colored. I have a matte coat sealer that still needs to go on him. Its been raining so hes taking forever to dry. Ill post a picture when hes all done.

This was a surprisingly easy project and for around 20 bucks I have a custom vinyl ready for signatures!

I between paint coats I helped my parents get started on their Christmas display, affectionately referred to as their Griswald Family Christmas. They like to go all out and we got a head start because it was so warm this weekend! I'll post pictures once its all finished. Its not Osborne lights but its not bad either.

This weekend we just tacked the dreaded candy canes. We cover our entire pool fence, they look awesome but they take forever.

Laying them out

Finished product on one side! We used 85 candy canes to cover the fence perimeter. Each candy cane is attached with 2 zip ties, but my Mom and I are pros and it didnt take us long at all!

Sunday night a friend and I went to a paint nite class. It was super fun, I highly recommend them if they have them in your area!

They are 2 hour paint classes held in local bars. They include everything you need to create a masterpiece and you can do so while sipping on adult beverages.

I had to share because we had the best time.

Mid painting

Almost done

Final product!

Our instructor was great, so encouraging and really just wanted everyone to have fun and get the creative juices following. She blasted music when she wasnt demonstrating, it was just great!

Stay tuned for Day 6 plans at the Animal Kingdom!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: