Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2013, 05:11 PM   #2881
wdwnut61
Wish I could get my countdown timer to move faster
The TF knows how special you are, wdwdnut61! :)
Queen or Nut, you choose

Finished my last day of work before vacation

Tomorrow DD and I have mani/pedi's then I have to take her to the Mall for a couple last minutes items.

Since we are leaving at 3:30am on Wednesday morning I won't be getting any sleep tomorrow night so........only one more sleep

wdwnut61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:20 PM   #2882
stmize
Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 14

Wow I have fp for fantasmic but I'm not changing it at all after hearing everyone's problems.

Here's out tentative itinerary for thanksgiving.

11/21. Leaving at 1 when my junior goes to lunch and isn't count absent from north ga and driving most of the way down and will get a hotel
11/22 plan to leave the hotel early hopefully around 7 am hope to be at Okw by 9 and ck into our grand villa once we meet up with brothers family and mom plans are to go to DHS lunch and dinner will be counter Svcs we have fp for disney jr 3-3:15, then tsmm 4:05-5:05 and fantasmic 5:55-6:16 I know I know lol other brother won't arrive until late this night
11/23 mk for CRT at 8:10am then Peter pans flight 10:05-11:05, enchanted tales with belle 11:20-12:20, B O G fp 12:45-1:15, and meet Mickey Mouse at town square 1:15-2:15 3:00 pm parade then wishes and parade at mk dinner prob cosmic rays
11/24 leave Okw around 9-9:30 to drive to the port to board the dream. Sailaway party starts approx 4:30 pm
11/25 wake up near Nassau where we plan to visit the straw market and prob Atlantis and señor frogs this is pirate night
11/26 relaxing at castaway cay all day tonight is the optional dress up dinner then the crying begins as we don't want to get off the ship lol
11/27 I'm sure the cabin host will drag us off where we will once again drive to Okw and once again ck into our grand villa. This is maybe mk in am but we have fp at Epcot for soaring at 1:10-2:10, test track 2:55-3:55, mission space 4-5 pm then dinner at paradiso 37 at 5:30 pm
11/28 DAK is today. We have breakfast ressies at TH at 10:10 am, K safari 2:30-3:30, EE 4:30-5:30, finding nemo the musical 5:40-5:55 our plans are to go offsite after DAK closes for thanksgiving at CB or go back to mk for cs meal
11/29 my brothers family and mom are leaving this day but my family and other brother have fp at DHS for RnR 11:55-12:55, TSMM 3:05-4:05, Indiana jones 6:-6:20 then dinner at 50's PTC at 7:50 pm
11/30 boo hoo this is out planned day to leave however dh mentioned checking out of villa and going to the parks til late afternoon and not starting home until around 4-5pm and driving until we get tired and stopping then driving the rest on 12/1

This Wdw cruise Wdw is for 10 of us and the first time my mom has vacationed with all three of us since we were teens. Since then 2 of us have married and accumulated 4 kids. 2 of which have never been to Wdw. They are 7 and 12. My mom has never cruised before. So lots of firsts. And since I own Dvc I hope not the last. My new Family trip I hope is VB in 2015 or 2016.
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2013, 05:33 PM   #2883
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Quote:
Originally Posted by G719 View Post
Here right now! If you see me, I'm the one who keeps looking at her magic band to see what time it is.
I think I'll be able to remember that Tinkerbelle is keeping the time on my left wrist and Mickey will be on my right wrist for keeping track of everything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promomx2 View Post
Will they still do Osbourne Lights if it's raining?
I'm almost positive the Osbourne Lights are still all lit if it is just regular rain. High wind advisories might be a different story. Fantasmic and MSEP will both be cancelled if rain is more than just light showers. In the case of Fantasmic they will simply set off the pre-loaded fireworks sort of like a fireworks finale.
Kathy Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #2884
AMateus
Mouseketeer

We leave before the sun is out Wednesday morning!
AMateus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:49 PM   #2885
stmize
Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmize View Post
Wow I have fp for fantasmic but I'm not changing it at all after hearing everyone's problems.

Here's out tentative itinerary for thanksgiving.

11/21. Leaving at 1 when my junior goes to lunch and isn't count absent from north ga and driving most of the way down and will get a hotel
11/22 plan to leave the hotel early hopefully around 7 am hope to be at Okw by 9 and ck into our grand villa once we meet up with brothers family and mom plans are to go to DHS lunch and dinner will be counter Svcs we have fp for disney jr 3-3:15, then tsmm 4:05-5:05 and fantasmic 5:55-6:16 I know I know lol other brother won't arrive until late this night
11/23 mk for CRT at 8:10am then Peter pans flight 10:05-11:05, enchanted tales with belle 11:20-12:20, B O G fp 12:45-1:15, and meet Mickey Mouse at town square 1:15-2:15 3:00 pm parade then wishes and parade at mk dinner prob cosmic rays
11/24 leave Okw around 9-9:30 to drive to the port to board the dream. Sailaway party starts approx 4:30 pm
11/25 wake up near Nassau where we plan to visit the straw market and prob Atlantis and señor frogs this is pirate night
11/26 relaxing at castaway cay all day tonight is the optional dress up dinner then the crying begins as we don't want to get off the ship lol
11/27 I'm sure the cabin host will drag us off where we will once again drive to Okw and once again ck into our grand villa. This is maybe mk in am but we have fp at Epcot for soaring at 1:10-2:10, test track 2:55-3:55, mission space 4-5 pm then dinner at paradiso 37 at 5:30 pm
11/28 DAK is today. We have breakfast ressies at TH at 10:10 am, K safari 2:30-3:30, EE 4:30-5:30, finding nemo the musical 5:40-5:55 our plans are to go offsite after DAK closes for thanksgiving at CB or go back to mk for cs meal
11/29 my brothers family and mom are leaving this day but my family and other brother have fp at DHS for RnR 11:55-12:55, TSMM 3:05-4:05, Indiana jones 6:-6:20 then dinner at 50's PTC at 7:50 pm
11/30 boo hoo this is out planned day to leave however dh mentioned checking out of villa and going to the parks til late afternoon and not starting home until around 4-5pm and driving until we get tired and stopping then driving the rest on 12/1

This Wdw cruise Wdw is for 10 of us and the first time my mom has vacationed with all three of us since we were teens. Since then 2 of us have married and accumulated 4 kids. 2 of which have never been to Wdw. They are 7 and 12. My mom has never cruised before. So lots of firsts. And since I own Dvc I hope not the last. My new Family trip I hope is VB in 2015 or 2016.
Lol just got a call from the brother that wasn't arriving until late on 11/22 and guess what due to a hit and run while he was at a drs appt a few days ago and some vacation time he didn't realize he had. We are picking him up in Birmingham AL so he won't have to rent a car and pay for it to sit parked while were gone while his Nissan nismo is fixed. Just saved him several hundreds of dollars and he gets an extra day at disney. Yay.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:14 PM   #2886
mulan1123
Mouseketeer

Leaving on Thursday afternoon!!!!

Two more days of work...although not sure how much work I'll get done on Wednesday.....
mulan1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:28 PM   #2887
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulan1123 View Post
Leaving on Thursday afternoon!!!!

Two more days of work...although not sure how much work I'll get done on Wednesday.....
Same here! I'm pretty sure I'll be worthless Wednesday at work. And I feel bad for my test partner I have to take a midterm with that evening. Who can focus on the endocrine system when you are leaving for Disney in the morning!
Nechville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:15 PM   #2888
Sydney2977
Mouseketeer

We're back from our WONDERFUL vacation! Had a marvelous time, and as soon as I get pictures uploaded and everyting else here back in order (especially when I go back to work tomorrow) I'll get to a trip report. Spent today unpacking, grocery shopping, doing laundry, and catching up on reading here. Just wanted to comment and answer some questions that I hope will help! Here goes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellypaige View Post
Does anyone know when the resorts start putting up Christmas decorations? And when the GF puts up the gingerbread house? We're staying poly 11/11-11/18... Any chance we'll get to see it?
No resort decorations were up when we were there, and we did resort hop quite a bit, but I wasn't ecpecting them. The exciting part was getting to see a partially assembled gingerbread house at the GF on 11/7- even not totally done it looks amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
Oh, BTW, my friend went to Fantasmic last night using the FP+ and the reserved seating still wasn't back. I still can't get a dining package for the night we are going. I'm totally bummed, I've never seen it and I thought the FP+ was going to be the ticket. I really don't handle long lines well. Not sure if I should just give up the FP+ for it and use it for the rides and just resign myself to getting there an hour early, or keep it and accept we won't have a great seat.
I also did a fp+ for Fantasmic since this is DS1's favorite show. I didn't want to change it even after I heard there was no guaranteed seating because I was scared it would mess up other stuff. We ended up doing our TSMM and RnR fp+ and then eating dinner at Fairfaxe Fare right across from Fantasmic, then when we went to enter they were letting everyone in at the same time. We were able to get a good seat towards the left side and it was fine. We went in about 6:45 for the 7pm show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65 View Post
I need to get me one of these. Her shirts looked and packed perfectly.
My brother taught me a trick years ago to roll your clothes to pack them. It keeps them less wrinkly and fits so much more in a bag or suitcase. We each took a suitcase and fit 7 pairs of jeans/pants, 7 tees, 7 sweaters or sweatshirts, socks, underwear, and stuff to sleep in, plus hangers. When we get there we hang everything up then just stuff the dirty stuff back in and it always works well. In the summer when we go to Texas for two weeks we can each fit clothes in the same bags and don't have to do laundry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
How are you guys going to handle the scooter in the car? I was wondering that if we ever take my mom. Does it fit in a truck or do you have to get a minivan and fold the seats down? Is it heavy?
When we had to rent an ecv after DH's ankle surgery it fit fine into the back our our suv with minimal folding and DS1(14 at the time) and I could lift it in. But we found Disney buses just as easy to use as well. We even saw drivers on this trip assisting guests to park the ecv's properly on the buses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwnut61 View Post
That's so great I'm glad your DD is on the mend. I just love the Castle Dreamlights words can't describe how beautiful they are in person.
I second that! DH and I both again talked about how pictures really don't do it justice! Ya'll will enjoy them so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post
Do the resorts give you a free slider when you check in
We didn't get them when we checked in, but were chatting with a lady and her mom and another couple on the bus the next day, and she told us all to just go to the desk and ask. Sure enough they gave us some that night when we returned. They have sliders and other accessories for sale all over the reosrts and parks for the mb's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstout View Post
Every time I check weather for next week it gets worse. Looks like two sets of clothes are needed. Yuck
We wore tees and brought hoodies/jackets/sweaters for the mornings and evenings. We just have a backpack for them during the day, and I even tied mine around my waist or slung it over my small camera bag. We're real southerners, especially me, so if it's in the 70's I'm cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielRae View Post
The weather was great except for it was Very Windy. Never been down when it was so windy like that.
It was very windy and blustery, which didn't make for great hair days It only rained once but it was while we were eating dinner at Planet Hollywood one night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
Just got back from our trip yesterday. But we had a wonderful time! Really only one day of rain, and the wind was nice in keeping it cool, but not cold.

Our MBs worked wonderfully! Never an issue. I was even able to juggle FP+ times while sitting on the bus. TT (EP) and EE (AK) had technical difficulties during our FP+ times two days. The MDE system knew that, and allowed us to ride any time we wanted after the ride reopened. CM at MS even let us on before our scheduled FP+ time because TT was down. On the EE day, after we finally got to ride an hour later, I cancelled all our FP+ for the day, and was able to rebook FP+ for EP. Tried that again on our HS day, when there were no ride issues, and it didn't work. And yes, we were given KTTW cards at check in, without having to ask, and they worked to pull old FP even when all our FP+ were booked.

This first week of November was more crowded than I have ever seen it, but was told it was because Jersey week was early this year, and will be early again next year. The crowds were very manageable though; even with the increased numbers in the parks, we never had to wait very long for anything.

We also had no issues with our (uninvited) BoG FP+ reservation. In less than 20 minutes from walking up, our food was on the table. It only took that long because we were having fun chatting with the CMs in the front entryway. The place is wonderful! The themeing is fun and the food (Nicoise salad and French onion soup) was outstanding! Not to TS restaurant level, but definitely better than any QS! If BoG lunch continues to be a FP+ option, we will be going again next year.
Pretty much the same experiences for us. Glad ya'll had fun too! I changed one fp+ from FotLK to Dinosaur! while in the park that day with no problem either. And we loved BOG for dinner! It did seem busier than our last Nov. trip, but still low wait times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
Just thought of a question!!!

I wonder if I will hear the song "Be Our Guest" in the entry way of BOG.
I love that song.
They were playing the Beauty and the Beast songs on the bridge while we were waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post
The magic bands are awesome. So much easier then fumbling with cards and keys and cash
No joke! I though they would be annoying an uncomfortable but it was so easy and no one in my family complained about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G719 View Post
Here right now! If you see me, I'm the one who keeps looking at her magic band to see what time it is.
DH kept doing this too. I told him he should contact Disney to suggest adding a watch that was set to fp times.

Glad to hear everyone who is back seems to have had a great time! And for those there or leaving soon- ENJOY!

All-Star Music April 2002All-Star Movies September 2003Pop!Century February 2006All-Star Sports January 2007

Coronado Springs October 2010Coronado Springs November 2011Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2013
Sydney2977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:42 PM   #2889
purplepixiedust
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheh378 View Post
Leaving tomorrow morning, they are forecasting a snow mix for the morning commute, praying it won't affect our flight
Hoping for no weather delays for you! We are having bad weather (snow!) right now and it better be gone by Friday morning! LOL!

purplepixiedust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:49 PM   #2890
Promomx2
DIS Veteran

Here's wishing everyone safe travels who are going down this week:woohoo

(Plus I wanted to see my ticker)
Promomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:56 PM   #2891
ammag
DIS Veteran

We had a great time so far, first park day is tomorrow DH and I had a wonderful dinner at Cali grill, wishes made me cry our server was Jason and he was phenomenal, ask for him! Although magic ruined a bit by some jerky guest..got back to our rental car and there was used tissues and garbage on the window with a note that said "nice parking as*****e thanks for dinging my car". Of course neither of us hit anyone's car doors, or even close it was definitely not us but it felt really awful and so aggressive! I got over it but it did bring us down a bit.,some people are so trashy.
Today we had a pool day, loving art of animation pool! Someone released a baby Ruth if you know what I am saying, so it closed for half an hour or so and we went to the cars pool. I don't like the movie but wow the theming is great. This entire resort is so much fun, so perfect for little kids. We are in a little mermaid room and very happy with it. Went to the poly today for OHana and had another fantastic meal!!!! Magic bands working fine so far, resort ran out of sliders which is unfortunate because we have all had them fall off at som e point . They did give key cards and actually said to keep those with us because some restaurants have trouble with the bands. Loved visiting the poly so beautiful, we took the boat back and got to relax on the beach a bit the weather has been fab,

So tomorrow we do magic kingdom rope drop till we drop...so excited!!! Ok both the kids are asleep and I have to be as well, if you see my LGMH say hello!
ammag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:14 PM   #2892
MAO
BWV Owner

12 hours from now I will be on the plane to MCO. YES!
MAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:41 PM   #2893
disneychic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAO View Post
12 hours from now I will be on the plane to MCO. YES!
Yippee!!!we leave on Saturday morning!! Have a great trip!!
disneychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:51 PM   #2894
jlaalja
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickmeys View Post
We were at WDW in Dec. 2010 and 28 degrees. We LOVED it! Hoping it will cool off in a few days for our next trip.
We were there then also! The parks were so empty, it was awesome
July 2008 Offsite - July 2009 Offsite - December 2010 AKV (Kidani)/Offsite - July 2011 BCV - September 2011 SSR - December 2011 Offsite - April 2012 SSR - June 2012 BLT - July/August 2012 DLR - September 2012 BWV - December 2012 BCV/SSR - March/April 2013 OKW - August 2013 WL/POR - September 2013 BLT - November 2013 SSR - December 2013 AKV (Kidani)/SSR - April 2014 VGF/BLT - June 2014 BLT - July 2014 BLT - August 2014 VWL- September 2014 SSR - December 2014 BWV - December/January 2014/2015 AKV

Joe Lisa Lynae (14) Jacob (12) Anthony (4)
jlaalja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:09 PM   #2895
jlaalja
Mouseketeer

Thanksgiving Week Itinerary

11/23 ck in SSR / dinner at Turf Club

11/24 Epcot / lunch at Tutto Italia / dinner at Garden Grill

11/25 Hollywood Studios / Mama Melrose F! pkg for lunch

11/26 Magic Kingdom / plaza lunch / dessert party for Wishes

11/27 Animal Kingdom / Yak & Yeti lunch

11/28 Magic Kingdom / Be Our Guest FP+ lunch / Mickey's Backyard Thanksgiving Feast

11/29 Hollywood Studios & Epcot / Hollywood & Vine bfast / Chefs de France dinner

11/30 Magic Kingdom until noon or so & then start home / Crystal Palace bfast
July 2008 Offsite - July 2009 Offsite - December 2010 AKV (Kidani)/Offsite - July 2011 BCV - September 2011 SSR - December 2011 Offsite - April 2012 SSR - June 2012 BLT - July/August 2012 DLR - September 2012 BWV - December 2012 BCV/SSR - March/April 2013 OKW - August 2013 WL/POR - September 2013 BLT - November 2013 SSR - December 2013 AKV (Kidani)/SSR - April 2014 VGF/BLT - June 2014 BLT - July 2014 BLT - August 2014 VWL- September 2014 SSR - December 2014 BWV - December/January 2014/2015 AKV

Joe Lisa Lynae (14) Jacob (12) Anthony (4)
jlaalja is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: