Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-10-2013, 06:37 PM   #166
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran
 
ArwenMarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,716

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
You will need to check all day anyway for ride closures, bonus fastpasses, targeted advertising, and meal suggestions. Don't forget the British Revolution starts in the U.K. In 15 minutes.

Maybe Disney will add a standby feature for fastpass? If one opens up you will get a text?


(substitute phone for pc)
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:04 PM   #167
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.
 
sharadoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Limerick, PA
Posts: 6,537

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Ariel View Post
Fastpasses in general have never been available during hard ticketed events.
Yes, but there didn't used to be fastpasses at all for Fantasmic, Wishes, MSEP, etc. so I just wondered if they introduced something for the parties as well. No biggie.
__________________
DH (Mike) & Me (Sharon) DS Shawn (19,ASD) DD Lauren (13) Daisy



Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-10-2013, 07:37 PM   #168
clsteve
It takes a very long time to become young
 
clsteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Where, if the world ended tomorrow, we wouldn't know for three days
Posts: 1,173

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
You will need to check all day anyway for ride closures, bonus fastpasses, targeted advertising, and meal suggestions. Don't forget the British Revolution starts in the U.K. In 15 minutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArwenMarie View Post
So then people get to check their phones all day. Fun! (not really)
If Darwin is right about Natural Selection, about 100 years from now all DIS'ers will be slope-backed and have foot long thumbs.....
clsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #169
Mom2darlingboys
Mouseketeer
 
Mom2darlingboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 313

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpa View Post
I don't recall seeing that anyone said that they are never going again. Most said they are waiting until the dust settles before they make that decision. However even if someone came on here(a Disney Board) and professed that Disney sucks and they are never going again why do people care?

I don't get why someone needs to defend Disney from some anonymous person that is venting their displeasure. I think its been discussed that Disney won't miss them.
Exactly. I also don't understand when, how and why Disboarders (not all, of course) have come to expect so LITTLE of Disney?

The MB/MDE/FP+ 'rollout' is, IN MY OPINION, another in a growing list of disappointments. They have not made me love the parks less - they are still my happy place - but failure is failure. Instead of defending, I'd like to see those who know the parks so well holding Disney to a higher standard.
__________________
ME DH DS15 DS12

May 2008 POFQ - May 2009 POFQ - May 2010 CBR - October 2011 POR - September 2012 BWV - February 2013 BC/Poly - December 2013 POR - May 2014 POR/POLY - Dec 2014/Jan 2015 POR
Mom2darlingboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:14 PM   #170
dennis j
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 65

Thumbs down

Waaaaaaaa....

Last edited by dennis j; 11-10-2013 at 08:32 PM.
dennis j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:48 PM   #171
nugov2
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,780

Quote:
Originally Posted by afnaechiquita View Post
mte. i understand if your family is used to pulling FPs all day, you're going to be frustrated, but there's much to learn about and enjoy in disney without doing the headliners.
I just started reading this thread and I find this statement funny...so really people should shell out 400 for tickets and learn to enjoy Mickey's Philharmonic and the characters roaming the parks. Yes, there is more than the headliners, but those headliners are what people go for. I certainly wouldn't pay that kind of money to sit in a few shows, ok rides and some smiling CM's. Some people like to travel all over and only go to WDW every few years or longer and want to do more than enjoy Disney without the headliners. That's like saying go to Hawaii and saying the beach/ocean will be closed so go enjoy other things. Yes, there is a lot of fun stuff to do there besides the beach, but that is a must do on a trip that only happens every few years.

I'm not saying I'd cancel my trip, but I am saying I am happy we had our trip in June and my kids got to ride the headliners multiple times and not wait in any long lines. I feel bad for all the people spending thousands and have all of this uncertainty.
nugov2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #172
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,898

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis j View Post
"A friend who lives in Orlando said they had not renewed their APs due to all the changes and that the majority of people she knew were doing the same. "

HA ! You've got to be kidding! People that live in Orlando and have AP's should have the least concern over managing a visit to the park w FP + than anyone! What... you have to ride everything.. every time you go? They can visit anytime they want for a very reasonable amount of money (CHEAP) and enjoy a ride at their convenience. I simply do not buy that complaint as a reason to cancel their Ap's.
Waaaaaaaa...
You don't have to believe what my friend said. Fine with me. You certainly do not have to "buy" that her feelings (or that of her many friends) are a valid reason to not renew an AP. What matters is that THEY believe they have a valid reason to not renew because they have come to feel WDW does not value them as much as it once did. Every family must decide what to do with its own money and for some people, 4-6 APs a year actually IS a lot of money. Nothing waaaaa about it. Just people deciding how to spend their own money.
EMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:56 PM   #173
kandb
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,263

I have been on this board for years, and have never seen such rudeness. Now, we have someone mimicking the OP and pretty much telling her that her friends are liars. What gives? Are people in general just getting more nasty?
kandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:34 AM   #174
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,898

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandb View Post
I have been on this board for years, and have never seen such rudeness. Now, we have someone mimicking the OP and pretty much telling her that her friends are liars. What gives? Are people in general just getting more nasty?
To be fair, it was unclear whether he/she was calling ME a liar or MY FRIEND a liar. Wait......Which of those is worse?

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

Goodness, who would have thought me canceling my own vacation (no one else's) would elicit such knicker twisting?
EMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:40 AM   #175
patty57
DIS Veteran
 
patty57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Ocean State
Posts: 2,292

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMom View Post
Goodness, who would have thought me canceling my own vacation (no one else's) would elicit such knicker twisting?
EMom, I totally supported you and your position before this post, but anyone using the phrase "knicker twisting"...now I want to be your best friend.
patty57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:59 AM   #176
glammadiva
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 658

First, OP and all the others who are cancelling over the FP+ and MB situation. I am sorry for your dissapointments. For the rest of you, I just completed my 3rd magic band trip, and while I booked my FP+ for all 3 trips, I only used some of them for the first 2. The others I didn't need. Yes, there were a couple of glitches at check in, this trip, but I stayed calm and nice and didn't go all crazy like the guestzilla I saw on Thursday, it took the CM a short amount of time to fix my problem and I happily went on my way. Its all about attitude sometimes. I am so sad to check out today.
glammadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:52 AM   #177
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,898

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty57 View Post
EMom, I totally supported you and your position before this post, but anyone using the phrase "knicker twisting"...now I want to be your best friend.
Consider it done! And since I usually save "New Best Friend" status for people who say things like, "I thought you were at least 10 years younger," you've fastpassed to the front of the line.
EMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:06 AM   #178
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!
 
AmyB2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,198

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2darlingboys View Post
Exactly. I also don't understand when, how and why Disboarders (not all, of course) have come to expect so LITTLE of Disney? The MB/MDE/FP+ 'rollout' is, IN MY OPINION, another in a growing list of disappointments. They have not made me love the parks less - they are still my happy place - but failure is failure. Instead of defending, I'd like to see those who know the parks so well holding Disney to a higher standard.
Not everyone sees it as a failure. I get why people do I just disagree. To me it is not a failure.
__________________

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:32 AM   #179
OtherScott
Laugh
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Midwest
Posts: 752

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugov2 View Post
I just started reading this thread and I find this statement funny...so really people should shell out 400 for tickets and learn to enjoy Mickey's Philharmonic and the characters roaming the parks. Yes, there is more than the headliners, but those headliners are what people go for. I certainly wouldn't pay that kind of money to sit in a few shows, ok rides and some smiling CM's. Some people like to travel all over and only go to WDW every few years or longer and want to do more than enjoy Disney without the headliners. That's like saying go to Hawaii and saying the beach/ocean will be closed so go enjoy other things. Yes, there is a lot of fun stuff to do there besides the beach, but that is a must do on a trip that only happens every few years.

I'm not saying I'd cancel my trip, but I am saying I am happy we had our trip in June and my kids got to ride the headliners multiple times and not wait in any long lines. I feel bad for all the people spending thousands and have all of this uncertainty.
I think the vast majority of Disney visitors are happy with doing pretty much what you've described as not appealling. Strip away the atmosphere created by Disney's theming and most would be dissatisfied with a day full of riding headliners - they're just not that good.

Maybe people who visit Disney annually or even more frequently lose sight of what most visitors find appealling?
OtherScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #180
nugov2
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,780

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyB2006 View Post
Not everyone sees it as a failure. I get why people do I just disagree. To me it is not a failure.
I don't think that people see it as a failure since it is too new to really make that decision. It is just the roll out has been done very poorly. The technology isn't where it needs to be, the public isn't really being kept in the loop and the rules are constantly changing. I am sorry, but if people spend thousands of dollars both on site and off and this is not the proper way to implement a system for those guest spending so much. Like I said before, I don't know if I would cancel, but I am just very happy we were on vacation before this came into play. This may be the best system ever in the future, but for the people stuck in MB limbo it isn't right. I think it is probably OK for now, but what about in a few weeks when the park is jammed? We went during high season this past June and had a very enjoyable time. I don't think that will be the case for the next few months unless these kinks really get worked out.

I don't know what is the solution until the system is functional, but if I was spending the kind of money we just spent in WDW and had this looming I would be very disappointed. They need to figure something out and limiting what FP you can get especially at Epcot to one headliner is horrible. Sorry I get that WDW has the right to change their park programs, but people have a right to be unhappy. The park for some people is the rides, especially for families who don't want to take yearly WDW vacations. I guarantee if your box of cheerios switched their 20oz box to 10oz, but kept the price the same and told you it was for your own good people would be crying foul. It is basically the same thing at WDW. They are downgrading their system(at least for the time being) or for some eliminating a system and expecting guests to fork over the same amount of money all while telling you how great it is for you.
nugov2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: