Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #1456
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaneanv
I thought there were two FE list? when i went to double check the list only one is appearing? can someone advise me please? thanks
There is 2!!! You need to go to the Fe page. The page that initially comes up is a roll call page. On the left, click on Fe!!
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #1457
HelmlingsSLC
Earning My Ears

Post cruise WDW

Is anyone going to parks after the cruise?
HelmlingsSLC is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #1458
Magic25
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsketomom View Post
For those of you wanting to be able to recognize/be recognized by fellow DISers, Jamie is putting together an order for silicone bracelets. The plan is to have them be green bands with red lettering. "Very Merry Christmas (cruise logo)" on the front and "December 14, 2013" on the back all in a Disney font. Actual cost will be based on total ordered, but estimate is less than $2 per bracelet. Makes a great memento of the trip afterwards! I'm helping her get the list together, so if you want to be included, we need to know: 1. Your name 2. Your disname 3. The number of bracelets -- both YOUTH sized and ADULT sized. DEADLINE is next MONDAY, November 11th. Just ask if you have any questions. I will be posting this on the Facebook page too. You don't have to respond to both -- one or the other. BUT with all the changes/adds/cancellations that have happened since April (when this was first discussed), I'm going to ask that if you mentioned interest back then, that you give me the info again now. Thanks!! Almost down to the 5 week mark!!!
Sign us up for two adult and two kid bracelets!
Old 11-09-2013, 11:01 PM   #1459
casilliman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydiva16 View Post
Hi Christi, i couldnt find you on the fb page anymore. I hope everything is ok. I just wanted to see if we were all set with the Pink Champagne party. Is there anything you may need for last minute followup? Let me know cuz I am willing to help with set up or whatever
Getting closer!!!!!
Hello Robin ( and all my other cruisers)
I am sorry I have been away for so long. ( illness... to long to explain ..)

No more facebook account, but my husband ( Graham Silliman) is a member I believe.

I wrote to my Disney rep earlier this week, waiting to hear from her but I am sure we are set, I confirmed last May, wow that seems forever ago!

I will need everyone's full name and stateroom who is attending, as Disney treats this as a 'tasting', where your ticket is charged directly to your room, so I will provide them a full list prior to boarding. I will deliver confirmation cards to your staterooms the day we sail. Please private message me your name and stateroom with your DIS name so I can compile a roster.

I am super excited about seeing everyone there, it's going to be a blast !!
( Graham still thinks an equal "Macho Mustache Bourbon and Cigar" party should be planned for the husbands ..is only fair, he says, but that's not my gig

Everyone got something PINK to pack ?!??!??!

Last edited by casilliman; 11-09-2013 at 11:30 PM.
casilliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:06 PM   #1460
casilliman
Mouseketeer

I need a bit of advice from previous St. Marteen vacationers ... (ahem, Larry)

I really want to go to Moho beach and so does Graham. My mom wants to go but she insists on traveling away from the ship on DISNEY SANCTIONED EXCURSIONS only.
She and I witnessed another cruise line leave a woman and child behind on an island, and she fears this worse than the zombie apocalypse. Can you give me any pearls of wisdom or reassurance to ease her mind and get her on board for this awesome opportunity ????
Old 11-09-2013, 11:39 PM   #1461
casilliman
Mouseketeer

Can FE gifts be edible ? Like home made candy ? I was reading questions on the Disney Cruise website, says that no foods can be brought on board ...
Old 11-10-2013, 06:22 AM   #1462
The2Travelers
Earning My Ears

Location: We live in and travel in a motorhome all of the time.

we have to cancel our cruise.

fFirst thank everyone for their kind words, thoughts and prayers. Suddenly laura's lungrsened very quickly and we lost her friday night.

We will make a cruise someday and maybe meet some of you then, not this year. We had signed up for everthing so hope this causes few problems for the group. If someone still needs a christmas ornament to join the exchange i would love yo donate one. Maybe this would let someone join who couldn't otherwise. Just let me know if anyone is interested.

Have a wonderful trip and smooth sailings.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:08 AM   #1463
Haparker01
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Travelers View Post
We were planning this cruise with our daughter's and there two children. Haven't been real active on the forum as Laura our youngest had been. Successfully being treated for cancer this year.
Two weeks ago she became very ill with lung and breathing problems. She is hospitalized in ICU and we are waiting day by day to see if her strenghth will allow enough healing to occur.
We haven't cancelled yet but wanted to ask for good thoughts and prayers to come her way. Her son Ryan will be 9 next month.
We will post if we have to cancel. Still hoping to come.
I'm terribly sorry for your loss. I know it is an extremely hard time for everyone. My thoughts are with you all at this time and I pray that good memories of Laura exceed the pain as soon as possible.

Heidi
Haparker01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:10 AM   #1464
Haparker01
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntstults View Post
So we decided! We are going to The MVMCP the night before the cruise! Can't wait!!
Hi! We are also going the night before the cruise! Maybe we will see you. Did you sign up to get a pin from Amanda? She's talking about them on fb.
Haparker01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #1465
LKShep
I'd rather be crusing

Quote:
Originally Posted by casilliman View Post
I need a bit of advice from previous St. Marteen vacationers ... (ahem, Larry)

I really want to go to Moho beach and so does Graham. My mom wants to go but she insists on traveling away from the ship on DISNEY SANCTIONED EXCURSIONS only.
She and I witnessed another cruise line leave a woman and child behind on an island, and she fears this worse than the zombie apocalypse. Can you give me any pearls of wisdom or reassurance to ease her mind and get her on board for this awesome opportunity ????
I certainly understand the concern about possibly being left behind. I have the same fear and always plan to be back to the ship at least an hour early to make sure I never risk seeing how beautiful the Fantasy is as she sails from the port without me.
That said, I want to experience the ports we visit and have the option to chose activities that I know I will enjoy, even if they are not offered by the cruise line. When we visit St. Maarten, our current onboard time is 6:45 pm, the latest onboard time of any port we visit. In fact, the onboard time is an hour after sunset. I have scheduled an afternoon tour that returns me to the ship at 5:00 pm. If, by chance, the tour operator has problems, there is more than an extra hour and a half to make sure I get back to the ship before it sails. The daily cruise ships are a major source of income for all tour operators on St Maarten. They would not risk their reputations by making passengers late for departure.
As for going on your own to Maho Beach, I would think you would want to visit there in the morning to mid afternoon. You should check the flight schedules if the planes are your main attraction to the beach. The beach is only 5 or 6 miles from the dock, a $2 bus ride, and visitors say it generally takes about 25 minutes for the drive. However, at times on St Maarten, the traffic can slow to a real crawl and that drive can take an hour. If it were me, I would plan to leave the beach no later than 4:00 pm. That way there is no risk of missing the ship and I would be back in time to shower and dress for dinner or the show. You could adjust your departure time even earlier from the beach to accommodate mom's comfort level. Perhaps you could visit the beach early, and then spend the late afternoon shopping or another activity within walking distance of the ship? Finally, check your Navigator the evening before and you will find a listing for the ships agent in Phillipsburg. If by any chance you are delayed returning to the ship you could phone to let them know of your situation.
If you have the unfortunate experience of encountering the zombie apocalypse as you attempt to return to the ship, you are on your own...
Jan 2006 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas -- Dec 2007 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas -- Dec 2008 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean -- Sep 2009 7 Night Disney Magic Western Caribbean -- Oct 2011 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean -- Oct 2012 14 Night Disney Wonder Hawaii -- Dec 2013 7 Night Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
LKShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:03 AM   #1466
heavenlyeyes073
Its all about the Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by casilliman View Post
Can FE gifts be edible ? Like home made candy ? I was reading questions on the Disney Cruise website, says that no foods can be brought on board ...
Heavenlyeyes073 stateroom 6128 my mom (Sally) and I will be attending... I am so excited! Hugs
AJ

heavenlyeyes073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:14 AM   #1467
heavenlyeyes073
Its all about the Mouse

loss

Quote:
We were planning this cruise with our daughter's and there two children. Haven't been real active on the forum as Laura our youngest had been. Successfully being treated for cancer this year.
Two weeks ago she became very ill with lung and breathing problems. She is hospitalized in ICU and we are waiting day by day to see if her strenghth will allow enough healing to occur.
We haven't cancelled yet but wanted to ask for good thoughts and prayers to come her way. Her son Ryan will be 9 next month.
We will post if we have to cancel. Still hoping to come.
So sorry for your loss. Prayers lifted that your family may have peace. I know this is difficult for your family. HUGS

heavenlyeyes073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:49 AM   #1468
Lissame
DIS Veteran

Quote:
fFirst thank everyone for their kind words, thoughts and prayers. Suddenly laura's lungrsened very quickly and we lost her friday night.

We will make a cruise someday and maybe meet some of you then, not this year. We had signed up for everthing so hope this causes few problems for the group. If someone still needs a christmas ornament to join the exchange i would love yo donate one. Maybe this would let someone join who couldn't otherwise. Just let me know if anyone is interested.

So sorry for your loss Cynthia and Jim. My heart goes out to your family.
Lissame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:59 AM   #1469
noahsketomom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So incredibly saddened to hear this, Cynthia. Please know we will be praying for your family at this horribly difficult time.
Blessings to you all,
Beth
Old 11-11-2013, 12:24 PM   #1470
SEVP
Nova Scotia, Canada

Jamie. As mentioned on Facebook I want 2 adults and a youth for Noah. Will pm you the names when I figure out how ...
2013 DCL - Fantasy
2014 DCL - Fantasy
2014 WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter
SEVP is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: