Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-31-2013, 09:40 PM   #811
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,132

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Thanks girl. I just replied to your PTR.its getting closer.You're going to have a total blast.







I think not putting pressure on yourselves is such a good idea. Take advantage of the time if you've got the luxury to do so. Moved in our not, I'd love to see the house. I know you and Fran will make so many happy memories there with your kitties, family, and friends.

I didn't realize she was relapse sick. I'm sorry. Please tell her we hope she's feeling better soon.

It is getting closer. Two weeks until we move home!!

Today's picture.

Last edited by kaoden39; 11-01-2013 at 09:43 PM.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:39 AM   #812
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
149 Days!!!

We're less than 5 months!!!!!

I keep smelling 'cruise' smells today. It's amazing how an aroma take take you to a specific place. You're absolutely right, it's going to be an amazing cruise! I honestly can not wait!

I love those random Disney smells. We've got bakery near us that was on and won Cupcake Wars. Just walking in there reminds us of The Candy Palace on Main St. at Disneyland.

141 days!!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Which soccer tournament will you be at? K has one over thanksgiving too, I think she's had one for the last 5 years. BLEH!

And double BLEH on your holidays colliding like that, that's tough. And a lot of food!

You would think but I'd definitely double check

Yeah, I got an earful about this from Jeff. I swear...I think he's tracking, on board and then all of a sudden he goes WAIT, you'll be going to Disney FOUR times this year and we might do a cruise? Who does that?



Um...

Me.



I mean really, we are talking four entirely different kinds of trips and the cruise being even more so.

It's like I am the teacher in Charlie Brown, he listens...agrees...sounds great and all of a sudden at 11pm it hits him that the girls May trip, and the 1/2 are not somehow one and the same.

LOL!

He will be fine, he just had an AHA moment.


I love how they agree when they're half listening, which is also in fact the perfect time to bring it up, and then seem shocked when you tell them again.



Thankgivingukkah or Hanugiving or whatever way you can think of to combine them will be very interesting this year. We'll all be scattered.



Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
It is getting closer. Two weeks until we move home!!

Today's picture.


I saw your new pics on FB and I'm so thrilled for you and your family. You deserve this beautiful new home.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-09-2013, 09:45 AM   #813
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,473

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I love those random Disney smells. We've got bakery near us that was on and won Cupcake Wars. Just walking in there reminds us of The Candy Palace on Main St. at Disneyland.

141 days!!!

How's life treating you? I hope you're doing well
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #814
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran
 
DrMomof3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 4,694

Are you getting ready for Thanksgivukkah? We'll be celebrating it in Hawaii!!!
The countdown is getting lower and lower…

Amanda
__________________
Proud mom to DS age 10 DD age 8 DS age 6
Ran the Disney Half-Marathon 2011; Full Marathon 2012; ToT 2012; GOOFY 2013; Princess 2013; 10k and full marathon 2014
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
DrMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:02 PM   #815
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post

How's life treating you? I hope you're doing well




I'm so good, crazy busy, but good. How are you?



Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
Are you getting ready for Thanksgivukkah? We'll be celebrating it in Hawaii!!!
The countdown is getting lower and lower…

Amanda


I'm so not ready. Are you? We don't do Hanukkah gifts but we'll all be scattered which I'm not looking forward too. How will your family celebrate the colliding of holidays? It's like the Jewish version of the Night,are Before Christmas.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #816
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,473

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I'm so good, crazy busy, but good. How are you?
Work has been horrible so I've been stressed. But I'm currently on a 5 day weekend so am good now

Crazy busy can be good and bad, I'm glad you're good
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #817
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Work has been horrible so I've been stressed. But I'm currently on a 5 day weekend so am good now

Crazy busy can be good and bad, I'm glad you're good



I'm glad you've got some downtime and sorry its been so stressful. Understaffed? High acuity? And yay for 5 day weekends. I think non-Disney folks call that a vacation.


__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:32 AM   #818
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran
 
DrMomof3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 4,694

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I'm so not ready. Are you? We don't do Hanukkah gifts but we'll all be scattered which I'm not looking forward too. How will your family celebrate the colliding of holidays? It's like the Jewish version of the Night,are Before Christmas.
We're going to Hawaii for Thanksgiving this year. My mom made Thanksgiving every year and this will be our first year since losing her. I usually give a small gift every night of Hanukkah but I'm pretty sure we're going to give each child an iPad mini for Hanukkah so they will have entertainment for the 12 hour flight. If they get that big a gift, they won't get anything else!!!
I think they'll get a bunch of small stuff for Christmas instead of Thanksgiving (we're Interfaith so we still celebrate both).
We'll be in Hawaii with my step-dad and my step-sister's family (including her in-laws) and we'll be the only Jews so we'll probably just light candles in our hotel room…

Amanda
__________________
Proud mom to DS age 10 DD age 8 DS age 6
Ran the Disney Half-Marathon 2011; Full Marathon 2012; ToT 2012; GOOFY 2013; Princess 2013; 10k and full marathon 2014
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
DrMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:54 PM   #819
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,262

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
We're going to Hawaii for Thanksgiving this year. My mom made Thanksgiving every year and this will be our first year since losing her. I usually give a small gift every night of Hanukkah but I'm pretty sure we're going to give each child an iPad mini for Hanukkah so they will have entertainment for the 12 hour flight. If they get that big a gift, they won't get anything else!!!
I think they'll get a bunch of small stuff for Christmas instead of Thanksgiving (we're Interfaith so we still celebrate both).
We'll be in Hawaii with my step-dad and my step-sister's family (including her in-laws) and we'll be the only Jews so we'll probably just light candles in our hotel room…

Amanda


I know it'll be difficult but I'm happy your doing something wonderful for your family. Aulani?

iPads are a great idea as that's a really long flight. I'm not sure we'll be lighting any candles between the second and fifth nights. I'm really not looking forward to being in Vegas over Thanksgivingakkuah.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:35 PM   #820
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,262

Oh Pa-am.......



139 days!!!



Have you heard much about our cruise having an FE?
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:29 AM   #821
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,473

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Oh Pa-am.......



139 days!!!



Have you heard much about our cruise having an FE?
OOOOHHHHHHH!!!!! I'm ready to go!!!

No, I haven't heard a thing. Somebody posted a poll about magnets or FE but not many people have posted.
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:32 AM   #822
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,473

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I'm glad you've got some downtime and sorry its been so stressful. Understaffed? High acuity? And yay for 5 day weekends. I think non-Disney folks call that a vacation.


Understaffed and innner city patients. Drug seeking, rude, self righteous... I have 5 months before I can change jobs. Actually, right after I return from the cruise. And I will be changing jobs for my sanity's sake.
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:31 PM   #823
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran
 
DrMomof3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 4,694

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I know it'll be difficult but I'm happy your doing something wonderful for your family. Aulani?

iPads are a great idea as that's a really long flight. I'm not sure we'll be lighting any candles between the second and fifth nights. I'm really not looking forward to being in Vegas over Thanksgivingakkuah.
We're going to the Big Island (so not Aulani). We got a one-time deal with Hilton Grand Vacations so we're staying in Waikoloa. We were there for a few days on our honeymoon and loved that area. The kids are excited to see the volcanoes, too.

Amanda
__________________
Proud mom to DS age 10 DD age 8 DS age 6
Ran the Disney Half-Marathon 2011; Full Marathon 2012; ToT 2012; GOOFY 2013; Princess 2013; 10k and full marathon 2014
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
DrMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:01 PM   #824
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
OOOOHHHHHHH!!!!! I'm ready to go!!!

No, I haven't heard a thing. Somebody posted a poll about magnets or FE but not many people have posted.


I saw the poll and posted yes for FE. I'm not crafty and not sure about the whole magnet thing. On that note, I may or may have not bought you another little take home treat for the cruise.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Understaffed and innner city patients. Drug seeking, rude, self righteous... I have 5 months before I can change jobs. Actually, right after I return from the cruise. And I will be changing jobs for my sanity's sake.

Thats a very hard population to work with for an extended period of time; high burnout rate. We get our share of med seekers too. Addiction can be quite sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
We're going to the Big Island (so not Aulani). We got a one-time deal with Hilton Grand Vacations so we're staying in Waikoloa. We were there for a few days on our honeymoon and loved that area. The kids are excited to see the volcanoes, too.

Amanda
That sounds awesome! I bet the kids will flip. I've read great things about Hilton properties. My friend works for them and loves the company.




I have a little bit of news to share.....Christmas at Disneyland is a 99% no go for this year however it's a 100% YES for next year. I'm okay with planning a year away, clearly so it's all good. I'm sure we'll sneak in a little summer trip too and the run with Cynthia is on the books. So no Disney holiday season for us this year but we'll make up for it next year i promise.




136 days!!!
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:49 PM   #825
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,484

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I have a little bit of news to share.....Christmas at Disneyland is a 99% no go for this year however it's a 100% YES for next year. I'm okay with planning a year away, clearly so it's all good. I'm sure we'll sneak in a little summer trip too and the run with Cynthia is on the books. So no Disney holiday season for us this year but we'll make up for it next year i promise.
I like planning a year away...it helps keep the PDD at bay! And YAY for the run! (and maybe May....)

I am positive somehow you will make it down this summer.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: