Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2013, 02:38 PM   #76
joelkfla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
So far I'm only aware of the artics being used for POP and AoA, and the new bus loop at MK. I haven't seen anything about reconfiguring at other resorts or parks, or redo the existing two bus loops at MK.
Some load zones at CBR & 1 or 2 other resorts are being extended or straightend. It's been said that it is to accommodate the artics -- not necessarily in the initial rollout, but at some time.

When I mentioned the extended load zones at MK, I was referring to the new loop.
joelkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #77
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelkfla View Post
Some load zones at CBR & 1 or 2 other resorts are being extended or straightend. It's been said that it is to accommodate the artics -- not necessarily in the initial rollout, but at some time.

When I mentioned the extended load zones at MK, I was referring to the new loop.
OK, I had heard about something with the stops at CBR, but it was too vague to say if it was to extend them.

They will only have a few zones at the new loop, so I'm not sure how many they plan on actually implementing for the artics.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #78
APiratesLifeForMe2
DIS Veteran

Wishful thinking! I would settle for some other kind of rail transportation or maybe a better scent for those monorails.

1988 Off Site, 1992 Off Site, 1996 ASMusic, 2000 CBR, 2004 POR, 2007 Poly, 2009 POFQ, 2010 POP, 2011 POP, 2013 WL
APiratesLifeForMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:45 PM   #79
joelkfla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
They will only have a few zones at the new loop, so I'm not sure how many they plan on actually implementing for the artics.
The new loop will have 8 load zones, all larger than the current ones.

They could open the 4 on the north side before the south side. The plans show a temporary wall at the entrance to the 4th canopy.

Last edited by joelkfla; 11-05-2013 at 06:59 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:41 PM   #80
TinyTim2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
That is being resolved by the new extended load zones at MK, which I hear will have queues configured to load at all 3 doors simultaneously.
I would love to see this but based on talking to a Disney bus driver when I asked why the don't load thru both doors( Based on my experience is twice as fast as only thru one door)Is that Disney wants the drivers to greet all the pax. As for light rail in theory great but when something happens the system goes down and guess who covers for the light rail. I would love to see the monorail be expanded all over the property but I know money wise it will never happen. I think that wdw overall is pretty good at most parts of the buses and monorails but lacking at times in the buses.
TinyTim2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:13 PM   #81
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OK, I had heard about something with the stops at CBR, but it was too vague to say if it was to extend them.

Caribbean has the worst stops/bus layout on property...dixie isnt' far behind...wtih okw and saratoga also getting honorable mention...but caribbean would not be suited for the monstro buses without a big infrastructure retro fit.

they might even have a hard time making the curve into the guard shack.
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:35 PM   #82
TinyTim2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
Caribbean has the worst stops/bus layout on property...dixie isnt' far behind...wtih okw and saratoga also getting honorable mention...but caribbean would not be suited for the monstro buses without a big infrastructure retro fit.

they might even have a hard time making the curve into the guard shack.
The bus stops have to be worked on made longer etc. As for making turns any place a regular bus fits a artic can. 99 percent of the time.
TinyTim2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:10 PM   #83
joelkfla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyTim2 View Post
The bus stops have to be worked on made longer etc. As for making turns any place a regular bus fits a artic can. 99 percent of the time.
Turning radius (from mfr. websites):
  • Gillig Low Floor: 43'
  • Nova LFS: 40' 10"
  • ---
  • Nova Artic: 44' 8"
  • New Flyer Artic: 44'
So the radius is 1-2" more than the Gillig, which is the majority of the current fleet. The only resorts that I think would be a problem are OKW, where the bus has to turn around in a tight loop at each stop, and SSR, where 2 buses pass each other on the road to Grandstand station.

The roadways around the CBR entrance & exit are all 1-way 2 lanes; worst case an artic might have to slop over into the other lane on the curves.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:11 PM   #84
manning
Just for that I have requested it be left open!!!
We each have a sore spot....My butt and her right foot

This could be a good fit

http://m.youtube.com/watch?p=PL203A1...M&feature=plpp

Last edited by manning; 11-09-2013 at 12:48 AM.
manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:11 PM   #85
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Turning radius (from mfr. websites):
[*]Gillig Low Floor: 43'[*]Nova LFS: 40' 10"[*]---[*]Nova Artic: 44' 8"[*]New Flyer Artic: 44'
So the radius is 1-2" more than the Gillig, which is the majority of the current fleet. The only resorts that I think would be a problem are OKW, where the bus has to turn around in a tight loop at each stop, and SSR, where 2 buses pass each other on the road to Grandstand station.

The roadways around the CBR entrance & exit are all 1-way 2 lanes; worst case an artic might have to slop over into the other lane on the curves.
The Caribbean stops are just bad and the roads are tight...I could drive the loop blindfolded (and probably walk the entire grounds as well)

When the "magic on demand"
Dispatch system was being tested ( which of course is precursor to lots of other things today)... Caribbean had the worst numbers as far as wait times and efficiency by a nautical mile

... Saw the data 100 times.
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: