Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #2536
smcabee
Boomer Sooner

8 hours till my drive begins and Im too excited to sleep. lol
smcabee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:38 PM   #2537
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Need help -- in WDW now!

Hi fellow November Disers!

I am in WDW right now and want your opinions on 2 matters.

After dinner my 5yo got very tired, felt very hot, and complained of a headache and ear pain. It seems like she's coming down with an ear infection.

I gave her Tylenol and have some OTC meds but don't know what to do with her if she worsens tomorrow. Have your little ones ever needed to see a doctor in WDW and where do you go?

My second issue, and of less concern, is that we have an ADR at CG tomorrow night. I know we get charged $50 if we don't show. Would you cancel the ADR tonight? If I keep the ADR and she's not up to going, could 3 of us still go and would we be charged $10/pp for the 2 that didn't come?

Thanks for the input and hope you are all getting ready for your trips.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #2538
smcabee
Boomer Sooner

Only 1 person from the party has to show up to avoid the cancellation charge. They just need to explain that there are members of the party that are ill and will not be dining.
smcabee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:53 PM   #2539
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconuts View Post

After dinner my 5yo got very tired, felt very hot, and complained of a headache and ear pain. It seems like she's coming down with an ear infection.

I gave her Tylenol and have some OTC meds but don't know what to do with her if she worsens tomorrow. Have your little ones ever needed to see a doctor in WDW and where do you go?

My second issue, and of less concern, is that we have an ADR at CG tomorrow night. I know we get charged $50 if we don't show. Would you cancel the ADR tonight? If I keep the ADR and she's not up to going, could 3 of us still go and would we be charged $10/pp for the 2 that didn't come?

I know someone who has used DOCS, they came right to the room. 407-399-3627.

I know I have read that if some of the party shows there is no fee, but I don't have first hand experience. Sorry your little one is sick

MamaJessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:05 PM   #2540
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So sorry about your child! Is this a recurring problem? If not, most ear infections do not require antibiotics, so if the Tylenol is helping, that might help your decision. Otherwise they may give an ear drop that helps with the pain.
Hope whatever she has clears up in the morning and you don't have to worry about it!
Nechville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:25 PM   #2541
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hope she feels better quickly.

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)
RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:27 PM   #2542
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Paramus NJ Mall

Dear DISers in Paramus NJ area. I hope all is well with you tonight.
I just saw on the news there is a shooting at the Mall.
I truly hope no one is out doing last minute November trip shopping.

hugs!!!

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)
RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:29 PM   #2543
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:

Sorry Coconuts, hope your little one is on the mend quick. I never give antibiotics for ear infections, so to be honest I probably wouldn't take her to the doctor's office at all. I would give tylenol or advil for the pain and lots of liquids and rest. If the weather is nice down there and she felt up for it tomorrow I'd even let her go to the park for a little bit as long as I had a stroller so she could take it easy. I hope she bounces back fast.

If she doesn't I saw a few places mentioned on the boards about nearby clinics that Disney will help you get to, you can ask the concierge for suggestions, I'm sure they get asked all the time.

As long as some of you show up for the reservation you won't be charged.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:39 PM   #2544
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
Dear DISers in Paramus NJ area. I hope all is well with you tonight.
I just saw on the news there is a shooting at the Mall.
I truly hope no one is out doing last minute November trip shopping.

hugs!!!
Oh no, that is one of the busiest malls in the country. I'm glad it wasn't a weekend night, it is packed to capacity then.

The news has to stop concentrating on the shooters, they should refer to all shooters as Moron 1 and Moron 2 instead of their names, this way when some idiot decides his life sucks he doesn't decide to go out and commit suicide by cop and taking a bunch of people with him so he can be remembered forever.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:45 AM   #2545
wdwnut61
Wish I could get my countdown timer to move faster
The TF knows how special you are, wdwdnut61! :)
Queen or Nut, you choose

Quote:

Hi Coconts

So sorry your little girl is not feeling well. On our last trip my DD got a stomach bug and was up all night. We had a ADR at Ohanas the next day and were hoping she'd feel better to make it so we didn"t cancel.

When she wasn't any better we called to cancel only a few hours before but explained her illness and they waived the cancellation fee.

Please keep us posted

wdwnut61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:49 AM   #2546
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post

I think they just say that because they don't guarantee to finish all the decorations until then, but I bet a lot of the resorts will be decorated when we go, at least during the 2nd part of our trips.

I think the train set up is by Germany IIRC.

We were vacillating between Nov/Dec too. I wanted to free dining so I was going to try the middle of December, but I felt that being away from home so close to the holidays would put too much pressure on us to complete everything. I wanted to go as close to Thanksgiving as possible for the best chance at seeing the Christmas decorations while still avoiding the crowds and getting free dining.

I think we will go with December if there is a next time, but we will take the room discount (or rent points) instead of free dining.
We use to go religiously the day after thanksgiving for. A Week. We saw every Christmas thing in every resort . The past 3 trips we switched to early nov to try to have some pool weather and still get many Xmas things in. Just missin that gingerbread house though Itseems that's set up later . But like his new date better w get more pool time . Omg 3 days. Woohoo
Old 11-05-2013, 05:51 AM   #2547
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:

50 dollars? Geez I thought if u don't show it's 10 dollars. 50 is steep. We Always bring a bottle of amoxicillin with us
Old 11-05-2013, 07:06 AM   #2548
Mom22girls56
Mouseketeer

Fellow November travelers, I have good news! Dad's guide posted visitors pics on FB overnight of the gingerbread house going up at GF!!!!

Madison (8) Avery (6) Emma (1)

October 2003 Port Orleans
Riverside

January 2010 Pop Century
Mom22girls56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:09 AM   #2549
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post

50 dollars? Geez I thought if u don't show it's 10 dollars. 50 is steep. We Always bring a bottle of amoxicillin with us
It would be $50 or $10/pp since there is 5 of us. DD is allergic to Penicillin but wow, how do you get amoxicillin for whenever you travel? You must have a very liberal pediatrician. Our docs hardly ever give out antibiotics, like they are gold, and also feel ear infections should run their course. Sometimes they will give us a prescription but not always.

I was on the phone to cancel but my other 2 kids now really want to go to see the fireworks so I kept the ADR. I hope we don't get charged the fee if some of us do show up.

She had slept all night so far and everyone is still sleeping. I am the only one that has tossed and turned all night worrying!

Thanks for all of the input!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 11-05-2013, 07:29 AM   #2550
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It would be $50 or $10/pp since there is 5 of us. DD is allergic to Penicillin but wow, how do you get amoxicillin for whenever you travel? You must have a very liberal pediatrician. Our docs hardly ever give out antibiotics, like they are gold, and also feel ear infections should run their course. Sometimes they will give us a prescription but not always.

I was on the phone to cancel but my other 2 kids now really want to go to see the fireworks so I kept the ADR. I hope we don't get charged the fee if some of us do show up.

She had slept all night so far and everyone is still sleeping. I am the only one that has tossed and turned all night worrying!

Thanks for all of the input!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Hope she feels better it stinks to be sick at the world . You can actually go to a pet store and get amoxicillin for pets it's thd EXACT same meds as human gets

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: