Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2013, 09:52 PM   #541
Radiorox
Live from the city of Magic.

Christmas!!! Even at home I tend to skip the Autumn/Thanksgiving theme. I go from Halloween, take a 3 week break and then make sure my.decor is up for Thanksgiving.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:15 PM   #542
Kat73
Mouseketeer

Ok room decorating friends, I have two important questions and am hoping you can help me out!

I found a mini- strand of lights AND a mini timer for the lights at Walmart for less than $5 total YAY. Now the question is, I'm flying. Is TSA going to look at my luggage weird with these items in the checked/ carry on? Is checked/ carry on one better than the other?

Also- Art of Animation- or just Disney rooms in general. I've got a 6 foot extension cord…. is that going to be long enough? I have no idea where the outlets are in relationship to the windows.

Thanks in advance for any last-minute help! Will post some pictures once it all comes together later this week or when we return

Pre-Thanksgiving 1989 Sept 11 2001 POFQ May 2002 CBR May 2003 Poly May 2004 Pop & CR Dec. 2005 POFQ & Poly First Solo trip-Feb. 2009 Girl's Trip Sept 2009 SSR F&W Oct. 2010 Pop F&W Half Marathon Nov. 2013
Kat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2013, 10:09 PM   #543
mara512
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat73 View Post
Ok room decorating friends, I have two important questions and am hoping you can help me out! I found a mini- strand of lights AND a mini timer for the lights at Walmart for less than $5 total YAY. Now the question is, I'm flying. Is TSA going to look at my luggage weird with these items in the checked/ carry on? Is checked/ carry on one better than the other? Also- Art of Animation- or just Disney rooms in general. I've got a 6 foot extension cord…. is that going to be long enough? I have no idea where the outlets are in relationship to the windows. Thanks in advance for any last-minute help! Will post some pictures once it all comes together later this week or when we return
No. I just took strands of lights and a timer in my checked luggage and battery operated lights in my carry on with no problem. A 6 foot extension cord should be plenty. In one room the door was to the left of the window and the plug to the left of the door. I just ran the cord up over the door frame.
mara512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:27 PM   #544
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

I am working in my window decorations tonight!! I'm sitting here with Christmas music playing and I'm about to try to put this together. Other than tape, are there any restrictions that I need to know about? Are items with glitter on them okay if the glitter won't come off?
Old 11-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #545
Julie521
DIS Veteran

I am going August 31-September 10 next year, is that too early to decorate for Halloween? It will also be our anniversary trip.. should i decorate for that instead?

Julie521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #546
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom0f3 View Post
I am working in my window decorations tonight!! I'm sitting here with Christmas music playing and I'm about to try to put this together. Other than tape, are there any restrictions that I need to know about? Are items with glitter on them okay if the glitter won't come off?
Fun! I've been trying to cut out one sparkly snowflake each night. You've inspired me to listen to Christmas music while I do that!

Monica
HappyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:49 PM   #547
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie521 View Post
I am going August 31-September 10 next year, is that too early to decorate for Halloween? It will also be our anniversary trip.. should i decorate for that instead?
The first Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party didn't happen until Sept. 10th this year so you may be too early for Halloween decorations. But I love you idea about decorating for your anniversary!

Monica
Old 11-07-2013, 10:38 PM   #548
Julie521
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGal View Post
The first Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party didn't happen until Sept. 10th this year so you may be too early for Halloween decorations. But I love you idea about decorating for your anniversary!
There are tons of cute mickey/minnie clip art plus i am sure around valetine's day i will be able to find some cute decorations. Time to come up with a plan!!

Julie521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:13 AM   #549
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGal View Post
Fun! I've been trying to cut out one sparkly snowflake each night. You've inspired me to listen to Christmas music while I do that!
I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie521 View Post
There are tons of cute mickey/minnie clip art plus i am sure around valetine's day i will be able to find some cute decorations. Time to come up with a plan!!
That sounds so cute!
Old 11-12-2013, 01:41 PM   #550
lilaggie2002
Earning My Ears

Pop Century!

We are gearing up for our next trip and decorating our lovely window. Looks like we will have two cardboard duffys dressed as Santa, some lights, and who knows what else.

My main question is...I found a cute inflatable wreath at Target and plan on putting it on our door. Any concerns that it might go missing? Last few times no one messed with our décor, but I'm wondering if this one might be a problem. What do you all think? Should I just put inside?
lilaggie2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:15 AM   #551
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaggie2002 View Post
We are gearing up for our next trip and decorating our lovely window. Looks like we will have two cardboard duffys dressed as Santa, some lights, and who knows what else. My main question is...I found a cute inflatable wreath at Target and plan on putting it on our door. Any concerns that it might go missing? Last few times no one messed with our décor, but I'm wondering if this one might be a problem. What do you all think? Should I just put inside?
I'm not hanging anything outside, but I guess you could. I would only do it if you don't care if it goes missing or not, just in case.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:04 PM   #552
cujochurch
Deemed the "World's Greatest Aunt!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couturier View Post
I LOVE this! Did you use your Cricut machine to make these? I wish I had one, there is someone on ebay that is selling the heads like this, so I will prob have to get them there.

I love the different sizes!

Dana
Quote:
Originally Posted by nts4wdw View Post
Nope! I cut them out of the cling film myself!
I know this is super old post but can someone tell me what cling film is? I would love to get some like this. What is it and where do I get it?
Old 12-25-2013, 10:26 PM   #553
shell8558
DIS Veteran

First time window decorator - I have a few questions . Can I use command strips on windows or just suction cups? How can I place individual mickey heads in the window without the command strips ??? Any and all help is appreciated . Thanks !
Old 12-30-2013, 10:29 PM   #554
Samandmom
Curvy WISHer
I laughed with a tear in my eye
WISHing my way to success!

Just wanted to share our window and room decorations from last week at POR.

Our window

Window with lights off

Stockings

Mirror over the table

Mickey door hanger. He kept falling off the door handle every time we used the door so we hung him on a bed post

And the tree with all Disney ornaments.

Samandmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 05:24 AM   #555
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

Very sweet! I especially like the stockings hung on the hooks. Thanks for sharing!

Monica

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: