Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2013, 05:37 PM   #61
divabydisney
Mouseketeer

Hmmm... Have you tried PM her on this site? If that doesn't work, maybe sending her a private message on facebook too? That's the only thing I can think of. I am not sure but I believe Cindy is also in charge of the fb page.

divabydisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:22 PM   #62
PaDisneyCouple
DIS Veteran

We booked this cruise while on the Fantasy last week. Same itinerary and stateroom as last week. Last week at this time...sigh
10/10 BC Club Level 10-11/11 Dream 4-night & CR 3-night 10/12 Dream 4-night 10/13 Fantasy 7-night Eastern
10/14 Fantasy 7-night Eastern

PaDisneyCouple is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2013, 10:29 AM   #63
hoosier4luvwdw
Earning My Ears

We are on board with everyone!
Old 11-04-2013, 03:09 AM   #64
amandalynn1724
Earning My Ears

My family and I have booked this cruise as well. We are all very excited.
Myself My DD who is 20 will be 21 when we cruise and my DS who will be 17 when we cruise.

I am hoping to see a few more teens onboard, I am worried my son will be bored and not want to hang at vibe.

Can someone explain to me what FE's are and how they work please. Or point me to a thread in the right direction.

I look forward to getting to know all our fellow members
Old 11-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #65
Tink3350
Earning My Ears

I am 95% positive my DS (7 at the time of sailing) and myself will be booking this cruise. This will be our 4th cruise with Disney and our second on the Fantasy! Are there any other single parents booked yet?
Tink3350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:13 PM   #66
amandalynn1724
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink3350 View Post
I am 95% positive my DS (7 at the time of sailing) and myself will be booking this cruise. This will be our 4th cruise with Disney and our second on the Fantasy! Are there any other single parents booked yet?
I am a single parent, and on this cruise as well!!
Old 11-04-2013, 07:30 PM   #67
divabydisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink3350 View Post
Yep! I'm a single parent. 2 Boys, ages 9 & 15 at time of sailing. Can't wait!

Old 11-04-2013, 07:40 PM   #68
divabydisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalynn1724 View Post
My family and I have booked this cruise as well. We are all very excited.
Myself My DD who is 20 will be 21 when we cruise and my DS who will be 17 when we cruise.

I am hoping to see a few more teens onboard, I am worried my son will be bored and not want to hang at vibe.

Can someone explain to me what FE's are and how they work please. Or point me to a thread in the right direction.

I look forward to getting to know all our fellow members
Welcome! FE= Fish extenders. Basically it's like a gift giving group. Everyone has a different level of craftiness so don't be afraid. You make or purchase a Fish extender (let me know if you haven't seen these). It's totally optional and participation is pure voluntary. Now up until a cut-off date folks who are sailing the cruise sign up to be a part of the "FE group". You make small gifts to your choosing, whether be individual gifts, cabin gifts etc. It's all up to you on how much you spend or give, it's just about giving and having a good time. You will also receive gifts. This is not my first cruise but my first time participating. Let us know if you want included or have any other questions about it. You might want to join a FE facebook page for ideas or more pics. They are absolutely great on there.

My oldest son will be 15 at sailing. I hear teens have a great time so not to worry! Our tablemates on our last cruise was a single dad with 4 kids. 3 of the 4 kids were teens and they LOVED it. We had a blast with them.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:10 PM   #69
amandalynn1724
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by divabydisney View Post
Welcome! FE= Fish extenders. Basically it's like a gift giving group. Everyone has a different level of craftiness so don't be afraid. You make or purchase a Fish extender (let me know if you haven't seen these). It's totally optional and participation is pure voluntary. Now up until a cut-off date folks who are sailing the cruise sign up to be a part of the "FE group". You make small gifts to your choosing, whether be individual gifts, cabin gifts etc. It's all up to you on how much you spend or give, it's just about giving and having a good time. You will also receive gifts. This is not my first cruise but my first time participating. Let us know if you want included or have any other questions about it. You might want to join a FE facebook page for ideas or more pics. They are absolutely great on there.

My oldest son will be 15 at sailing. I hear teens have a great time so not to worry! Our tablemates on our last cruise was a single dad with 4 kids. 3 of the 4 kids were teens and they LOVED it. We had a blast with them.
Awesome, Thank you for explaining. I have not seen these extenders. I guess I am going to have to do some research but you can count us in for the gift giving. I will join the facebook page tomorrow...I am at work and they dont allow fb there....

I am glad to see there are some single parents along for the cruise as well....I thought I might be a minority. I am sure it will be a great cruise.

Has anyone been on the eastern itinerary before, this is our first cruise on any line so we have tons of questions.

Thanks for replying.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:30 AM   #70
LadyMimiG
Earning My Ears

We just booked this weekend for the Oct. 18th cruise on the Fantasy! So excited! It'll be our first cruise on the Fantasy, but 5th on Disney. Our traveling party consists of my husband, myself, our oldest daughter, her husband, their two daughters, ages (at time of sailing) 5 and 3; our other three daughters - 15,18, and 20 (also at time of sailing). My 18 and 20 year old daughters hope to find others their same ages to hang out with, since they are now too old for the teen clubs. I was surprised to see how full this cruise is already. We are going to have a great time!!
LadyMimiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #71
melaniesposa
Earning My Ears

Hoppin' aboard!

Hello!

We just got off the re-imagined Magic and booked this lovely adventure while on-board (it will be our 3rd time cruising with DCL). We are looking forward to experiencing the Fantasy and visiting WDW a year and a half after our last visit.

I did try to join the FB group; however, have had no luck...any input? Are they still on the cruise?

Also, is there an FE group?

xo

July 1985: Off-site - MK, EPCOT / April 1993: Off-site - MK, EPCOT, MGM/ April 1994: Off-site - MK, EPCOT, MGM/ March 2010: Pop-Century - MK, AK/ Sept. 2010: FW Cabins - MK, DHS, EPCOT / May 2011: FW Cabins - MK, DHS, EPCOT / Dec. 2011: Off-site - MK / Aug. 2012: DCL (Magic: NYC to Bahamas) - MK /Dec. 2012: Art of Animation / October 2013: DCL (Magic: Miami to W. Caribbean) / October 2014: WDW (Art of Animation) & DCL (Fantasy: E. Caribbean)
melaniesposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:24 AM   #72
melaniesposa
Earning My Ears

For the website:

melaniesposa (Melanie)
DH - Jason
DD - Olivia Bee (will be 6)
Grammy (Karen)
Stateroom: 5168
Dining: Second Seating

July 1985: Off-site - MK, EPCOT / April 1993: Off-site - MK, EPCOT, MGM/ April 1994: Off-site - MK, EPCOT, MGM/ March 2010: Pop-Century - MK, AK/ Sept. 2010: FW Cabins - MK, DHS, EPCOT / May 2011: FW Cabins - MK, DHS, EPCOT / Dec. 2011: Off-site - MK / Aug. 2012: DCL (Magic: NYC to Bahamas) - MK /Dec. 2012: Art of Animation / October 2013: DCL (Magic: Miami to W. Caribbean) / October 2014: WDW (Art of Animation) & DCL (Fantasy: E. Caribbean)
melaniesposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:08 PM   #73
DopeyFan1966
Disney World Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by divabydisney View Post
Hmmm... Have you tried PM her on this site? If that doesn't work, maybe sending her a private message on facebook too? That's the only thing I can think of. I am not sure but I believe Cindy is also in charge of the fb page.
Not in charge of the Facebook page, but I am in charge of the website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nett View Post
Hello,
We have just returned from the Disney Dream cruise and we booked another cruise for Oct. 18, 2014 on the Fantasy. My friend and I would like to be in charge of the website. We did the FE for the first time this past cruise and we would be glad to do it just email me the administrative rites and let me know.
Thanks
Please send me your email information and I will make you an editor of the site. You can email me at Cynthia.l.perrier.mil@mail.mil . I'm glad someone wants to take the webpage over.

Cindy

WDW – Jun 94; Jul 97; 13-19 Sep 2006 POP; 7-18 Sep 07 ASM; 11-19 Sep 08 POP; 9-19 Sep 09 POR; 31 Aug-12 Sep 10 CSR; 20-27 Dec 12 OKW; DLPR – May 99; May 09; Jun 10 DLR – Dec 08; Jan, Feb, Jun, Jul, Oct 12; DCL - 15-26 May 10 Med (Magic); 28 May-8 June 11 Med (Magic); 8-15 Jul 13 Alaska (Wonder); 11-18 Oct 14 Western Caribbean (Fantasy)
DopeyFan1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:21 PM   #74
missusa82
Mouseketeer

Whoo Hoo!

Moved our dummy date to this sailing! This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise. 2nd time on the Fantasy. Our first Disney cruise was Oct 2011 and we had great weather! I will be sailing with my DH and 3 kiddies in Cat 4C on deck 7 and I can't wait!!!

Past DCL: Dream 10/2011, DCL: Fantasy03/2013
Future DCL: Fantasy 10/2014
Seaworld Passholder: 2011, 2012 & 2013
Cruise Dream Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2829162

missusa82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:59 AM   #75
DisDreamers
“It’s not the magic that makes it work; it’s the way we work that makes it magic” – Lee Cockerell

15th Anniversary

My family are booked on this cruise and would like to join the FE. We booked this cruise in January after our 4 night cruise on the Dream. We loved the ship and wanted to experience the Fantasy. This will be our 15th Anniversary and our 3rd cruise. We cruise on the reimagined Magic this coming Friday!! We just could not wait a whole year for another Disney Cruise.

We will have about 12 people joining us on the cruise including my parents. It's their 40th anniversary and their first cruise!! We have a lot to celebrate!!! For sure My DH, DM and DD all want to participate in the FE. I will have to explain it to the rest of the crew and see if they want to join as well.

Here is our stateroom info.:
Stateroom No. 7192
Michael (DH) & Amber (me)
15th Anniversary
Main Dining
3rd Cruise

Stateroom No. 7194
DD & DM
Main Dining
40th Anniversary
1st Cruise

DisDreamers!