|11-03-2013, 07:42 PM||#1|
Join Date: Mar 2011
We won a trip to Disney World! Now what...?
Hi! I've never written a trip report of any kind, so I'm excited to jump in and share our planning! My husband and I were lucky enough to win a trip to Disney World recently, but more on that later. First, let's introduce ourselves.
I'm Belle* a 20-something Disneyphile. I'm a third grade special education teacher who loves books, podcasts, yummy food, playing outside, and mild athletics. This will be my eighth trip to Disney, including an upcoming short trip this December for an amazing experience.
This is Kevin, my hunk of a husband. He's currently working toward becoming an actuary. He loves playing video games, watching sports, and completing complicated math. He came to me as a past Disney traveler, but not (yet) a fan. After two trips together, including our Disneymoon in May of 2013, he's becoming quite the Disney convert.
This is Dobby. She's our 7-month old lab puppy and the light of our life. We love her quite dearly, and I'm sure I'll mention her constantly. She loves chewing anything, her food bowl, being chased by other dogs, and cuddling. She's very intelligent (an unbiased opinion, I swear!), so she's a blast to have around.
Now for the good part - our trip!
Kevin and I were beyond amazed to win a 6 night, 7 day trip to Disney World. That story deserves its own post. This just happened on Saturday, November 2nd (also my birthday, as if it couldnt get any better), so we are very much in the beginning of our planning process.
Here's what you can expect some rambles on in the near future:
- I'm a teacher, so our timeframe is somewhat limited. Hmm...
- We get to stay in a moderate (fancy living!). We've only ever stayed in a value, so this is a *big* deal for us. Where should we stay?
- We also get the dining plan. What new restaurants should we try? Will we go back to some of our old favorites? How will we find the time!?!
- How will Fastpass+ and Magic Bands play into this trip?
- Should we add extra days to our trip and make it a dream 10-12 day trip?
- Will we find time to give back to our favorite charity while we are there?
- And so, so much more, I'm sure!
Table of Contents
Let the Planning Commence
It's her birthday! (Podcast Recording)
Port Orleans Showdown
Adding on Time
Eating our Way Through the World...and a change of plans (already)
* This isnt my real name, but as a teacher, I try to keep a very clear line between my personal life and my professional life. I have a sort-of common name with very a uncommon spelling. If anyone searched my first name, they would easily find me. For that reason, I will go by Kevins nickname for me here. If you do know my real name, I ask that you please not post it on the boards.
July 14-21, 2014 - Port Orleans Riverside
December 6-9 2013 Disapalooza - Pop Century
May 19-26 2013 Disneymoon at Pop Century
December 17-21 2012 - Pop Century
New Years 2010/2011 - Pop Century
April 2005 - Fort Wilderness Campground
Last edited by UConnFan; 11-11-2013 at 08:27 AM.
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|