Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2013, 08:24 AM   #31
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer dave View Post

This is exactly what I have been thinking-- they have no idea what they are going to do with this. They have not given any details because they don't have any. Lest build it and figure out what to do with it later. Hey it works (mostly)-- now what? Now they can use the new system to gather detailed information that may tell them not to build the new system.
This is what I'm thinking exactly.

The shame of it...as with most moves for 15 years...is that they really need to kick it WED 1955 style, get a bunch of geeks and engineers together, and start rededicating themselves to the "experience" in the park - and that is quality ride systems and experiences.

When was the last time they built anything truly impressive? Tower of terror and splash mountain...if you ask me

Everest is a coaster in a shell, toy story mania was done ten years earlier at universal...they never came up with anything as ingenious as Spider-Man, let alone anything that has come since...

But most people are just content to keep eating what mom feeds them at the dinner table...the same pasta over and over again.
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:32 AM   #32
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Yawn. About the only attraction in Epcot I'd pull a FP for would be Soarin. Almost all of the others are walk-ons if you avoid the rush times.
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2013, 08:35 AM   #33
OnceUponATime15
Disney frequent flyer..

Got caught in the new tier system yesterday and I'm not happy about it

I had made all my fast pass plus reservations about a month ago & had my plans all in place for a great trip. Yesterday I gave "one more try" at getting dinner reservations for BOG during our upcoming pre Christmas stay, lo and behold - success!! But success meant re arranging many plans to fit everything in. No big deal I thought and the planning began all over.. lol.

I needed to cancel my FP+ for EPCOT & re organize. I had FP+ for Test Track, Soarin, & Maelstrom -- when I went to re book them -- the tier system came into play. grrrrrrr!
I chose Test Track over Soarin or Maelstrom - I hope I made the right choice. I have never needed a FP for Spaceship Earth or Mission to Mars - always have just walked right on to both. But chose them from the "B" list to fill it out

Has anyone tried to change a B choice for an A choice with any success? I'm thinking of trying but I'm afraid I'll mess up the one A choice I made. So frustrating... :/
Old 11-03-2013, 09:07 AM   #34
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceUponATime15 View Post
Got caught in the new tier system yesterday and I'm not happy about it

I had made all my fast pass plus reservations about a month ago & had my plans all in place for a great trip. Yesterday I gave "one more try" at getting dinner reservations for BOG during our upcoming pre Christmas stay, lo and behold - success!! But success meant re arranging many plans to fit everything in. No big deal I thought and the planning began all over.. lol.

I needed to cancel my FP+ for EPCOT & re organize. I had FP+ for Test Track, Soarin, & Maelstrom -- when I went to re book them -- the tier system came into play. grrrrrrr!
I chose Test Track over Soarin or Maelstrom - I hope I made the right choice. I have never needed a FP for Spaceship Earth or Mission to Mars - always have just walked right on to both. But chose them from the "B" list to fill it out

Has anyone tried to change a B choice for an A choice with any success? I'm thinking of trying but I'm afraid I'll mess up the one A choice I made. So frustrating... :/
It actually sounds
Like you did pretty well.

Which is why you should be worried...unless they aren't telling us something - this is as good as it gets
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #35
OnceUponATime15
Disney frequent flyer..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post

It actually sounds
Like you did pretty well.

Which is why you should be worried...unless they aren't telling us something - this is as good as it gets
It's so frustrating.. lol. To have times reserved for all top three attractions, to then need to make changes and lose two of them is maddening. But... how do you let a BOG res go... You just can't!
Old 11-03-2013, 09:23 AM   #36
twebber55
DIS Veteran

Next step in progression is charging for a fast pass after you get your initial three
June 2010 BWV
June 2011 VB
June 2011 BC
June 2012 BC
June 2012 THV
June 2014 BC
twebber55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #37
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twebber55 View Post
Next step in progression is charging for a fast pass after you get your initial three
I really don't think they will charge. I still hold on to my original thought-- (which many said was wrong and quoted something from disney) that the FP+ level will be dictated by your resort. This recent test shows a possible turn in this direction. Set some levels for FP+, set allowances for resort levels, and people might never know they are doing it-- you get your tickets, you get base fp+. You book your room, you magically get upgrades for " no " reason-- Is anyone going to question this? This way you never get a reduction-- only an increase-- from what is given to all with a ticket.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #38
jtwibih
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I really don't think they will charge. I still hold on to my original thought-- (which many said was wrong and quoted something from disney) that the FP+ level will be dictated by your resort. This recent test shows a possible turn in this direction. Set some levels for FP+, set allowances for resort levels, and people might never know they are doing it-- you get your tickets, you get base fp+. You book your room, you magically get upgrades for " no " reason-- Is anyone going to question this? This way you never get a reduction-- only an increase-- from what is given to all with a ticket.
I think I agree with you. Since the tests don't include offsite guests, is it possible Disney is testing the 1 headliner for rollout to the offsite guests? Maybe Disney is doing a tier system for offsite vs resort guests with add'l benefits for resort guests like an extra here and there. Could it be that 3 is the number, it's just going to be tier by attraction? If that's the case, that's terrible. It would definitely be a big middle finger to people not staying on property.

JT

Past: Apr 2014 - DCL; Nov 2013 - BWV/AKV; Apr 2013 - DLH; Nov 2012 - AKV; Nov 2011 - WL; Nov 2010 - WL; May 2010 - CSR; Jun 2009 - AKL; Apr 2008 - AKL/WL; Jul 2007 - SS; Aug 2006 - POFQ; Aug 2005 - POFQ; Aug 2004 - offsite
jtwibih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:50 AM   #39
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

FP+ is IMO going to meld fp- with EMH to create the new perk for all and perk for staying on site. Really who would ever chose a fp for the rides we know have no lines? they need to force people to chose them.

you can have 5 fp+, but 3 of them are for hall of presidents, country bears, and the liberty belle.

One headliner, and one level 2.

Book at allstars, and you can have 2 at level 2.

Book at CBR, you get 2 headliners, one level 2, and 2 bottom feeders.

Book deluxe... and club level...

I just wonder where DVC will fall........
Old 11-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #40
jtwibih
Mouseketeer

Quote:
FP+ is IMO going to meld fp- with EMH to create the new perk for all and perk for staying on site. Really who would ever chose a fp for the rides we know have no lines? they need to force people to chose them.

you can have 5 fp+, but 3 of them are for hall of presidents, country bears, and the liberty belle.

To me this is the most logical explanation (knowing the little we know). They have to be getting ready for a tiered system for offsite and resort guests. We just rented DVC points and will probably continue to do so since the savings are obvious. The reservations show up on Disney's site but I'd be interested to see if Disney is going to mess with renters or lump them into DVC as a whole. The problem is that this testing is fouling up up a lot of vacations right now from the looks of it. I know the tests are voluntary but if you want to ride anything worthwhile, you will participate.

Past: Apr 2014 - DCL; Nov 2013 - BWV/AKV; Apr 2013 - DLH; Nov 2012 - AKV; Nov 2011 - WL; Nov 2010 - WL; May 2010 - CSR; Jun 2009 - AKL; Apr 2008 - AKL/WL; Jul 2007 - SS; Aug 2006 - POFQ; Aug 2005 - POFQ; Aug 2004 - offsite
jtwibih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:33 AM   #41
robpa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
I feel like we've met before...are you reincarnated?
Maybe
robpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #42
robpa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yeah-- the only park I would want more than three would be MK. Epcot has two headliners, HS has 3, and AK has 3. So Mk is done in two days. I don't believe anyone will ever need a FPP for figment. or MS, or (insert attraction here).
I wouldn't rule that out, maybe not need but settle. If you have one fastpass to burn and there is nothing else left you will schedule that figment fastpass. Its human nature to not let a perceived freebee slip away
Old 11-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #43
robpa
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Right, they will see how little they can give before the proverbial poo hits the fan as far as guest outrage, then bring it up to a level they planned all along and everyone will bow down to Disney for their generosity
Old 11-03-2013, 11:52 AM   #44
Vickmeys
Yikes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLady View Post
I have already set up our FP+ for our November trip. So far, they seem unchanged, but I wonder if I should be concerned about this? Has anyone with Nov FP+ for both Soarin and TT been affected?
I have Soarin and TT FP+ scheduled for Nov. 14th, so far no change. I am not changing my FP+ for EPCOT, and have my FP+ selections printed.

Vickmeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:07 PM   #45
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

We tested FastPass+ all the way back in December 2012 at MK and Hollywood Studios. During that test the tiers were utilized and frankly I'm surprised they were ever eliminated during later testing.

If you look at average attendance, there just isn't enough attraction capacity for everyone entering the park to ride every headliner. Epcot's 11 mil annual attendance averages about 30,000 per day. In a 12-hour operating day, Soarin can only accommodate half of the people entering the park with capacity of about 1300-1500 guests per hour.

Of course, not everyone wishes to ride every headliner. We've entered parks before just to wander, just to shop, just to dine. Even when we go to Epcot, we don't feel compelled to ride Test Track or Soarin every single time. But the thing that's impossible to quantify is exactly how many people fall into this "no plans to ride" group.

But then you have to look beyond averages and realize there are days when Epcot will draw 50,000...with less than 1/3 able to ride Soarin.

Disney doesn't want FP+ pre-booked weeks in advance. They need to be able to market a system where people entering the park day-of will still find ride times available. The only realistic way to do that is to make each guest choose between a reservation for Soarin OR Test Track OR fireworks viewing OR some similar experience.

Same is true at Hollywood Studios. Toy Story Mania and Rock n Rollercoaster cannot accommodate every guest. They'll have to force people to choose.

I always though the most equitable way of implementing FP+ would be to allow a certain number of pre-booked ride reservations and then allow for additional selections upon park entry.

Or they could turn it into a pay-for-play option so that only a fraction of theme park guests can pre-book. Giving some benefits to Disney hotel guests and pass holders for free, with others coming at a cost is one logical approach.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: