Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2013, 01:26 AM   #1
dizny4eva
Earning My Ears

Disney Magic upgrade- bad reviews

So my daughter and I are going on the Magic in January and I've been reading many posts regarding bad experiences on the Magic since it was upgraded- cabins flooded, no power, non- working tv's as well as stomach illnesses. I'm really worried and was wondering if anyone could shed some light and maybe give me a little reassurance.
dizny4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:04 AM   #2
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizny4eva View Post
So my daughter and I are going on the Magic in January and I've been reading many posts regarding bad experiences on the Magic since it was upgraded- cabins flooded, no power, non- working tv's as well as stomach illnesses. I'm really worried and was wondering if anyone could shed some light and maybe give me a little reassurance.
You may wish to post it his question in the main forum to get more answers, this is posted in a trip report section.

Whilst some people have experienced some issues, many have described their cruises on the Magic as perfect, the Dispodcast here didn't have any issues.

Some peoples expectations might have been wrong, it's s refurbished 15 year old ship not a new ship.

DCL are working hard on the few issues, as there reported.

The few negative reports are getting dissproporual coverage here.

Do not sorry your cruise will be fine.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3182194
Disney Fantasy 8/11 and 8/18 2012 back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
Disney Magic Eight cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 and 15 night Panama crossings, and 7 night Caribbean cruises.
Over 14 Previous cruises, including Disney, RCI and Princess.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2013, 03:07 PM   #3
jjrodriguez
Earning My Ears

My family and I just did Magic Trip Oct 25th. Disney Magic looks great, Aquadunk is lots of FUN as well as Aqualab. We love the new Irish Pub. We will be returning in January as well. Our cabins were great and and did not heard about anybody getting sick nor the above issues during our trip!.
jjrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:26 PM   #4
PrincessForLife
Walt Disney World Junky

No Worries

Some of the lower cabins flood every once and a while. We were on last Aug on Deck 2 and our cabin flooded twice. Our wonderful stateroom host told us that it has happened every few weeks since he'd been on the ship because of the poor ship design. Supposedly the pipes get smaller as the decks get lower. As large amounts of waste build up, the lines back up. When it happened to us, DCL was more than accommodating and fixed it as soon as it happened and they gave us a ship credit since the ship was full and they were unable to move us to a different cabin. People could also get sick for multiple reason without notice too. And "DISNEY FANTASY" is right, it is quite an old ship with only a facelift!

Something things such as those experiences should not ruin a vacation or detract you from a vacation. It could happen on any cruise line or hotel without notice or precedence.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:04 PM   #5
pinoke
Mouseketeer

Are you saying that the bathroom waste floods the cabins?? Regularly? And that it shouldn't ruin your vacation…? What am I missing? That seems crazy to me!
pinoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:33 AM   #6
benzmum
Earning My Ears

We have stayed twice on deck 2 and even before her "facelift" never had a problem with leaks
benzmum is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: