Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2013, 03:19 PM   #16
marmalade
DIS Veteran

I probably should do a screen shot of our FP+ since I have 3 tier 1 headliners already scheduled for our trip next month.
marmalade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:38 PM   #17
SLPCheryl
Earning My Ears

I have done a screen shot of my FPP and printed them out as well. Not sure if it's going to help but I'm willing to give it a shot.
SLPCheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #18
jlwhitney
DIS Veteran

FP+ is just a mess. I don't get the need to plan every second of a vacation, its suppose to be fun and relaxing.

I think in the end many people will book FP+'s then not use them do to plans changing and forgeting and so on.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:54 PM   #19
KYMickey
Adding EARS to Kentucky!

Location: Louisville Kentucky, home of the Derby and the 2014 TPC championship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwhitney View Post
FP+ is just a mess. I don't get the need to plan every second of a vacation, its suppose to be fun and relaxing.

I think in the end many people will book FP+'s then not use them do to plans changing and forgeting and so on.
If that starts to be a big problem maybe they will start charging a credit card if you don't show up! They started doing it for dining so why not for ride reservations??
Old 11-02-2013, 06:57 PM   #20
FireWife70
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYMickey
If that starts to be a big problem maybe they will start charging a credit card if you don't show up! They started doing it for dining so why not for ride reservations??
Because you're not paying anything for rides ... you don't show, it's better for Disney, shorter lines, happier guests- they aren't losing money like they might be for no-show dinner reservations.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:59 PM   #21
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Anybody else notice how pathetic those headliners are? The maelstrom? The Mickey line?

Lol...bring it on. If they somehow think I'm gonna pay more money to prebook 50 second rides on things built 20,30,40+ years ago...be my guest and try...

It will be a real loss of $7-15,000 worth of discretionary spending each year. Plus I'll dump the DVC.

I'm honestly laughing...

I am anxious to see how this whole system plays out...honestly...
I'm beginning to think somebody forgot to plan what to do with this beyond the test phase...which may seem impossible, but don't doubt Disney's ability to miss the elephant in the room and waste the money they so crave.
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:14 PM   #22
robpa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
Anybody else notice how pathetic those headliners are? The maelstrom? The Mickey line?

Lol...bring it on. If they somehow think I'm gonna pay more money to prebook 50 second rides on things built 20,30,40+ years ago...be my guest and try...

It will be a real loss of $7-15,000 worth of discretionary spending each year. Plus I'll dump the DVC.

I'm honestly laughing...

I'm beginning to think somebody forgot to plan what to do with this beyond the test phase...which may seem impossible, but don't doubt Disney's ability to miss the elephant in the room and waste the money they so crave.
When Headliners don't exist you have to make up headliners.
robpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:22 PM   #23
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpa View Post

I feel like we've met before...are you reincarnated?

Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

Old 11-03-2013, 06:54 AM   #24
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpa View Post
Yeah-- the only park I would want more than three would be MK. Epcot has two headliners, HS has 3, and AK has 3. So Mk is done in two days. I don't believe anyone will ever need a FPP for figment. or MS, or (insert attraction here).
Old 11-03-2013, 06:58 AM   #25
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

Quote:
Plus I'll dump the DVC.
And as I am sure you already know-- Right now at the average resale price we could recoup all our initial investments-- and when the POLY opens for 190-- probably make a nice profit.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:04 AM   #26
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer dave View Post

And as I am sure you already know-- Right now at the average resale price we could recoup all our initial investments-- and when the POLY opens for 190-- probably make a nice profit.
I had considered it

Old 11-03-2013, 07:07 AM   #27
beer dave

Quote:

This is exactly what I have been thinking-- they have no idea what they are going to do with this. They have not given any details because they don't have any. Lest build it and figure out what to do with it later. Hey it works (mostly)-- now what? Now they can use the new system to gather detailed information that may tell them not to build the new system.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:13 AM   #28
beer dave

Quote:
I had considered it
I'm waiting for 2022. 20 years left on the early contracts and counting on a little economy bump.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:14 AM   #29
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer dave View Post

Yeah-- the only park I would want more than three would be MK. Epcot has two headliners, HS has 3, and AK has 3. So Mk is done in two days. I don't believe anyone will ever need a FPP for figment. or MS, or (insert attraction here).
Well..to be fair, EPCOT was never... And I hope never will be...about the rides.

It's no coincidence they are testing this idea there.

But I am confused, I was expecting and increase in the use, not a limitation. If they limit the booking options and severely curtail or eliminate the standard fastpass, wouldn't that result in having more people dumped into standard lines?
Which we all agree isn't what they're going for?

Hmmm.
Or are they stupid enough to think that a taste of the fastpass+/magic band nectar is so sweet that people will book extra days to behold its majesty?
Lol...that is rhetorical

Old 11-03-2013, 07:21 AM   #30
beer dave

Quote:
Well..to be fair, EPCOT was never... And I hope never will be...about the rides.

It's no coincidence they are testing this idea there.

But I am confused, I was expecting and increase in the use, not a limitation. If they limit the booking options and severely curtail or eliminate the standard fastpass, wouldn't that result in having more people dumped into standard lines?
Which we all agree isn't what they're going for?

Hmmm.
Or are they stupid enough to think that a taste of the fastpass+/magic band nectar is so sweet that people will book extra days to behold its majesty?
Lol...that is rhetorical

Maybe the test is to see how p-d off people will be when they get their options reduced-- so they know what they can get away with-- They know people will be happy with more-- just need to know how unhappy people will be so they know where to draw the line. Three has been the control group for , well , up until a few days ago. Now lets try 1 and 2.....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: