Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2013, 11:56 PM   #1
Rumors Rocks
Mouseketeer

Disney Marvel's First Meet and Greet Featuring Thor

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...park/#comments

Thor Appearing in Thor: Treasures of Asgard at Disneyland Park

Quote:

Today, I’m pleased to share with you the very first look at the Mighty Avenger, Thor, who will be appearing as part of Thor: Treasures of Asgard at Disneyland park.

Thor: Treasures of Asgard, coming soon to Innoventions in Tomorrowland, will present an epic collection of objects brought to Earth straight from Thor’s home world of Asgard. You’ll also be able to travel across the Bifrost, a cosmic bridge transporting you to Asgard for an audience with Thor himself!
Look for Thor: Treasures of Asgard to open November 1 at Disneyland park, and see “Thor: The Dark World” when the big screen epic adventure hits theaters November 8.
Rumors Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:53 AM   #2
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

~Awww. Why can't we meet Thor at Disney World??? Loki should be there, too -- right in Norway!

~If Anna & Elsa can have a meet & greet together as sisters. Thor & Loki should be able to appear together as brothers.

~Anyway, yay for Disneyland fans!

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2013, 07:32 AM   #3
Rumors Rocks
Mouseketeer

Old 10-29-2013, 07:56 AM   #4
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD View Post
~Awww. Why can't we meet Thor at Disney World??? Loki should be there, too -- right in Norway!

~Anyway, yay for Disneyland fans!
Universal has an exclusive agreement in perpetuity from long before Disney's purchase of Marvel where nobody will be able to use any of the Characters in a theme park East of the Mississippi River in the US. This, by the way, is why the Marvel-wrapped Monorail trains can be on the MK Resort or Express beams, but not on the Epcot beam as that go\es into a Park.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:45 PM   #5
Rumors Rocks
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
Universal has an exclusive agreement in perpetuity from long before Disney's purchase of Marvel where nobody will be able to use any of the Characters in a theme park East of the Mississippi River in the US. This, by the way, is why the Marvel-wrapped Monorail trains can be on the MK Resort or Express beams, but not on the Epcot beam as that go\es into a Park.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:49 AM   #6
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

I just hope that Disney doesn't make the Avengers too kiddie. They shouldn't be terrifying of course but just keep their edge.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:05 PM   #7
Mr X
Earning My Ears

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
I made a petition for Universal to get rid of Marvel Super Hero Island at Universal's Islands of Adventure, But NO ONE SIGN IT!!! >
Mr X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:58 AM   #8
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
I made a petition for Universal to get rid of Marvel Super Hero Island at Universal's Islands of Adventure, But NO ONE SIGN IT!!! >
~Awww, I would have signed your petition. The terms of this Marvel deal is just ridiculous and totally unfair to fans! Disney needs to ante up and fix this.

~I don't think the Avengers will lose their edge. Superheros are supposed to appeal to both adults and children. Thor's meet and greet looks fabulous -- the set and costume are very well done, it looks like Disney spared no expense here. It's light years better than what you see at Comic Con.

~Besides, Disney's kiddie formula has worked very well for Star Wars! There is nothing cooler than dancing Darth Vader.

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:57 AM   #9
Rumors Rocks
Mouseketeer

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: