Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2013, 08:10 AM   #16
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Thanks for hostessing this month, Amanda!

I will be happy to coach 11/11-11/15.

Looking forward to a great November.
lisah0711 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:17 AM   #17
keenercam
Wishes she were Mickey's girl
Would settle for looking like Tinkerbell instead of Winnie the Pooh

Hi, Amanda! Thanks for hosting the November challenge! I am in and will send you a PM.

Lisa - Thank you so much for hosting October. Hugs, my friend!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2013, 08:26 AM   #18
mainemooncat
Mouseketeer

In for November

Thanks so much for taking on November! I am sure we will need each other this month going into the holidays. I am in and will send a PM now. Good luck to everyone - I am not often able to post but I read as much as I can and love all the support here.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:28 AM   #19
Ohana 4
DIS Veteran

I'm back as well. Not going too drastic on this month's goal. So far, I have lost 13 in Sept and 10 in Oct. This month's goal is only 5 because we'll be on a 7 night cruise aboard the Disney Wonder mid-month.
Still looking forward to losing though!!!

Ohana
June 2011 Wonder Alaska (1st cruise)
March 2012 Fantasy W. Carib. (Maiden Voyage)
Oct. 2012 Wonder Hawaii (1st 2-week cruise)
Dec. 2012 Dream Bahamas (NYE)
Feb. 2013 Magic Cozumel (Grand Slam cruise)
Apr. 2013 Magic Cozumel (1st Gold Cruise)
July 2013 Dream Bahamas (With BFFs)
Nov. 2013 Wonder in Carib. (Fall Fun!)
June 2014 Wonder Alaska (A return to Paradise)
June 2015 Magic Norway/Iceland (A dream come true!)
Ohana 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #20
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

I'm in for November please.
Still no laptop so no smilies or anything in my messages

Will PM details but I've decided on a smaller target for Nov as it's my 50th on 15th, so after I've done my 1st ever 10K on 17th I intend to pig out a bit!!!!!! Nothing too drastic, but planning for some cake and chocolate for sure!!

My race number and timing tag thingy came this week. I am number 12134........scary that there will be that many runners....I'm used to running in a group of around 300!

Big thanks to Lisa for hosting October...good luck everyone.

Last edited by Eliza32; 11-02-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:02 PM   #21
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Pam and Lisa, thanks for your encouraging comments over in the old thread!! Am feeling better now - my sister told me to drink lots of tea with honey and that seemed to have done the trick! Still can feel the infection, but feeling lots better.

Had a very active day. Finished putting together the Ikea furniture, cleaned out all the papers on my desk, cleaned the balcony furniture to prep it for the move. I also took it inside as it is going to rain the next few days and I think it will be easier for the moving company to carry the stuff (down from my 5th floor apartment which does not have an elevator!!) if it is dripping wet! I feel like I have been running around all day. Now some vegetables are being roasted in the oven which I intend to eat with some cold meat. And then I might take a hot bath!

I am happy to see so many people signing up! Let's hove that we all have a great November!!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #22
pat fan
I'm leaving now so I don't have to witness what comes next

I'm in again! October was good for me, with the exception of getting a kidney stone this week! Those suckers HURT!

"Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I'm not ashamed of that, never have been, never will be."
-- John Wayne
pat fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:57 PM   #23
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
I dragged this over from last month so let me just say "See ya next weekend Liz and Rose!" And yes, I'm also going to ask for leniency for the W&D weekend!
I hope we get a chance to see you all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
I'm in for November please.
Still no laptop so no smilies or anything in my messages

Will PM derails but I've decided on a smaller target for Nov as it's my 50th on 15th, so after I've done my 1st ever 10K on 17th I intend to pig out a bit!!!!!! Nothing too drastic, but planning for some cake and chocolate for sure!!

My race number and timing tag thingy came this week. I am number 12134........scary that there will be that many runners....I'm used to running in a group of around 300!

Big thanks to Lisa for hosting October...good luck everyone.
What an exciting month! And I think a 50th bday definitely needs some cake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat fan View Post
I'm in again! October was good for me, with the exception of getting a kidney stone this week! Those suckers HURT!
Oh my gosh! Hope you are feeling better!

I am trying not to be too frustrated with myself. I started off October high because we'd just gotten back from a weekend in SC. I finished down in October but still higher than I was in September. I am up 8 pounds for the year. And I just can't get my head in the game and I am feeling very frustrated and afraid that the scale is going to keep creeping up. I feel like since I gave up gluten in 2011 I just can't get a handle on things. I am up 25 pounds since giving up gluten....Anyhow. sorry to be a downer. I am not giving up, just feeling very beaten down and don't know where to start. Everything that I did the first time won't work this time, or at least not as well. I can't eat a lot of the same foods. I can't use my strategies for treats cause eating out doesn't work. And I just don't know if I have the energy to reinvent the wheel. Anyhow, going to think about it some this weekend and try to put a plan together. Thanks for letting me be a little frustrated and sad about this. I feel good about being honest about things at least. And I am still down about 27 pounds from my original weight in 2010. So all is not lost yet.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:10 PM   #24
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

I'm in and I hope to participate more.

Will send my stats now.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:20 PM   #25
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
I am trying not to be too frustrated with myself. I started off October high because we'd just gotten back from a weekend in SC. I finished down in October but still higher than I was in September. I am up 8 pounds for the year. And I just can't get my head in the game and I am feeling very frustrated and afraid that the scale is going to keep creeping up. I feel like since I gave up gluten in 2011 I just can't get a handle on things. I am up 25 pounds since giving up gluten....Anyhow. sorry to be a downer. I am not giving up, just feeling very beaten down and don't know where to start. Everything that I did the first time won't work this time, or at least not as well. I can't eat a lot of the same foods. I can't use my strategies for treats cause eating out doesn't work. And I just don't know if I have the energy to reinvent the wheel. Anyhow, going to think about it some this weekend and try to put a plan together. Thanks for letting me be a little frustrated and sad about this. I feel good about being honest about things at least. And I am still down about 27 pounds from my original weight in 2010. So all is not lost yet.

So sorry that you have to fight so much!! Have you ever considered to talk to a nutritionist to get some professional help with how to eat without gluten but so that it does still help with your weight loss? I just got this idea from when you said that you don't have the energy to reinvent the wheel - maybe someone who does this professionally would already have all the alternative knowledge on how to build the wheel - so to speak!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:28 PM   #26
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

i'm in!!! I just PM'ed my weight and goal.... I want to lose 8 more pounds by the end of the year, so 4 each month..i think I can do that with the holidays! I hope too!!! if I can get more than 4 off in November for cushion in dec that would be fab!

I know i'm really hit and miss with this thread..life overwhelms me a lot and i'm addicted to candy crush. thanks for letting me stay anyhow

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:48 PM   #27
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
I'm in for November please. Still no laptop so no smilies or anything in my messages Will PM derails but I've decided on a smaller target for Nov as it's my 50th on 15th, so after I've done my 1st ever 10K on 17th I intend to pig out a bit!!!!!! Nothing too drastic, but planning for some cake and chocolate for sure!! My race number and timing tag thingy came this week. I am number 12134........scary that there will be that many runners....I'm used to running in a group of around 300! Big thanks to Lisa for hosting October...good luck everyone.
Just to let you know, I've done races where my bib number was in the thousands & there was only a couple hundred ppl. Sometimes they just pull numbers for a race & they don't start at 00001. 12,000 is A LOT of runners, if there is that many!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I'm in for November! Thanks for hosting I started the month off right with my eating, but I didn't get any exercise yet. I woke up at 3:00 am with a terrible headache and I didn't get back to sleep until after 4:30 am. My alarm goes off at 6:00 and my head is still achy feeling. I may just rest tonight.

No soccer games tomorrow means I may go for a run in the morning Then we are going shopping for indoor soccer shoes for both boys. We are probably going to hit up Sam's Club while we are out, so I need to make a list.

It feels good to start a new challenge month! I'd be happy to coach Nov 26-30 I'll be back to check in tomorrow. Have a great night. Jill

Last edited by jillbur; 11-01-2013 at 06:01 PM.
jillbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:59 PM   #28
AlreadyexcitedGrammy
BL II - Blue Team
a.k.a Bebr
When DH finds my "good" stuff then it is gone too quickly
the House Cleaning Fairy is who I still dream will one day visit me

NO EXCUSE NOV - I needed to hear that Admitting that I am slipping into the pre-vacation thinking mode - still 2 weeks away - NO caving yet - still time to stay on target!

I did take today off, gone from the house most of the day, no way to get in my goal steps but I will be journaling my food to keep that string of days intact.

my weight goal will be just to maintain - I'm allowing for a weight gain on the cruise - with a few days to get it off and be at my starting number for the month - makes sense to me

step goal will again be 8k per day with the days I attend a class at the Y 5k - it was a bit hard to get the 8k on some of those days & my 45 min class does get me some calories burned- 1 free day per week

Food journaling will be EVERDAY except for vacation days!

off to PM that I'm in and then to journal what I munched today!

WISHing everyone a great Nov with NO EXCUSES - we are here to support one another - let's do it!!!

thank you hostess & coaches - you make this possible
11/05 - MAGICal Turkey Day Cruise
1/07 - WDW Swan - 1/2 Marathoner
AlreadyexcitedGrammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:35 PM   #29
StacyMarie
DIS Veteran

I'm in for 10 pounds this month! Fingers crossed!

Stacy Jay Natalee Sydnee
Disney's Pop Century August 2012 August 2011 Pop Century Disney's Polynesian August 2010 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort August 2009 Grand Floridian - October 1997
StacyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:16 AM   #30
myweegirls
Caught the Disney Bug from my husband and am now hooked in my own right!

I'm in! Gotta keep some kind of momentum going into the holidays...October was not the best for me - I definitely slid hard toward the end of the month! Picking myself up and starting again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
I dragged this over from last month so let me just say "See ya next weekend Liz and Rose!" And yes, I'm also going to ask for leniency for the W&D weekend!
Woohooooo! I hope I can see you & Rose somehow! I think the only meet we know for sure we're going to right now is the one for the Mickey Miles podcast (11am Saturday at Sea Breeze Point on the Boardwalk).

I have been SO STRESSED lately - work, my sister's terrible situation - I am looking forward to our F&W trip so much! I badly need that break...

Happy November, everyone! Here's to a great month for all of us!

XO
Liz

ABD ~ 2013 (Backstage Magic) * AKL ~ 2010 * AKV ~ 2012, 2013, 2014 * Aulani ~ 2014 * BLT ~ 2011 * BC ~ 2010, 2014 * BWI ~ 2010, 2012 * BWV ~ 2011 * DCL ~ 2012 (Dream/PC 3.0 & Fantasy/PC 4.0), 2013 (Dream), 2014 (Dream), 2015 (Wonder) * DL Offsite ~ 2013 * GC ~ 2011, 2014 * GF ~ 2011 * Poly ~ 2009, 2010 * POFQ ~ 2010 * Royal Caribbean ~ 2013 (Oasis/DIS Cruise 1.0) * WL ~ 2013

myweegirls is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: