Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2013, 12:12 PM   #16
zetachi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
I would be very surprised if they do that - Disney tries very hard not to have different classes of guests in the parks (the hotels and perks there, yes, but not once you enter a park)
ah but not true b/c if you are staying off property you are, at least for now, treated as a 2nd class visitor ala no FP+, no MB.
Sailed RCCL Indy of the Seas Feb 2009 Jr Suite
Sailed Disney Magic Feb 2008 Balcony

zetachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:20 PM   #17
nansmama
DIS Veteran

Yes, I admit I actually LOLed for reallies when I started reading that thread and realized what Disney did with the Epcot tiers. It's like they're toying with the DISers ON PURPOSE. Bwahahaha.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2013, 12:24 PM   #18
Magpie
I guess there's not much else to do in the jar
Mean people - they don't matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
If I go into a fancy restaurant and order a filet, and they delivery a hamburger, I should be happy right? I mean, that's a first world problem, right? Lots of starving kids in Africa would love to have that hamburger, right?
Sure, if you have a disappointing experience you can - and should! - protest to the management (ie, write directly to Disney).

And yes, getting a hamburger when you ordered filet IS a First World Problem. It wouldn't traumatize me, I simply would post my experience on Yelp and never return to that restaurant.
Magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:26 PM   #19
curemyreed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nansmama View Post
Yes, I admit I actually LOLed for reallies when I started reading that thread and realized what Disney did with the Epcot tiers. It's like they're toying with the DISers ON PURPOSE. Bwahahaha.
I doubt Disney would toy with their guests...not a good business model! This tiered FP+ system is the one my family tested in early December of last year. Looks like Disney is testing it again. For some reason it seemed more restrictive at MK than the other parks.
curemyreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:30 PM   #20
nansmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by curemyreed View Post
I doubt Disney would toy with their guests...not a good business model! This tiered FP+ system is the one my family tested in early December of last year. Looks like Disney is testing it again. For some reason it seemed more restrictive at MK than the other parks.
I don't think they are actually toying with them, LOL. I don't think they care about the Disboards either. It's just amusing because if one had to custom engineer a move to agitate the already emotionally taxed DISers, this tier system would be it.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:30 PM   #21
Magpie
I guess there's not much else to do in the jar
Mean people - they don't matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nansmama View Post
Exactly!
Magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:32 PM   #22
suzanna1066@comcast.
DIS Veteran

Looks like Disney is testing the tiered functionality. I absolutely think the number of e ticket FP+s will ultimately be tied to resort level at some point.

I am fine with this because I still firmly believe Disney is doing the right thing by upgrading the technology. I don't always stay deluxe and I am not a Disney apologist but I will adapt to the system or stay home.

And yes, this is the ultimate first world problem, which makes me very thankful as a whole.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #23
Magicalcarpetride
Earning My Ears

Watching and learning and hoping things improve before January! So far these are the best boards to prepare people for upcoming trips!

Magicalcarpetride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #24
skriegerjr
Monorail Maven

Quote:
Originally Posted by nansmama

I don't think they are actually toying with them, LOL. I don't think they care about the Disboards either. It's just amusing because if one had to custom engineer a move to agitate the already emotionally taxed DISers, this tier system would be it.
I couldn't agree more, especially when you take into account, that as a whole, out of the millions of visitors per year Disney gets, DISboarders are probably such a small percentage of visitors, it would hardly show up on their radar!

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app

"Any review by me is based on my own personal experience and isn't necessarily indicative of similar experiences in the future, for myself or for other guests. Please use the review at your own risk, and know that it is worth exactly what you paid for it..."

skriegerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:01 PM   #25
Waddler
Mouseketeer

Quote:
If I go into a fancy restaurant and order a filet, and they delivery a hamburger, I should be happy right? I mean, that's a first world problem, right? Lots of starving kids in Africa would love to have that hamburger, right?
Yep.

Normally, I'd be amused by all this... similar to the OP... but this is my $10,000 hamburger.
Waddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:06 PM   #26
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

I am fascinated with the whole thing just from a business point of view. That's why I read all of these threads. It's not really personal for me. If a trip stinks for whatever reason, I just won't go back.

But yes, anyway, still fascinating.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #27
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArwenMarie View Post
I am fascinated with the whole thing just from a business point of view. That's why I read all of these threads. It's not really personal for me. If a trip stinks for whatever reason, I just won't go back.

But yes, anyway, still fascinating.

It's personal for me, I'm not going to lie. But I also love looking at this from a business perspective. Can they pull it off? How will it change along the way? Stay tuned!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:17 PM   #28
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's personal for me, I'm not going to lie. But I also love looking at this from a business perspective. Can they pull it off? How will it change along the way? Stay tuned!
It's like a very very very slow moving reality show

I think we tour differently from what I've read of your posts, so I am probably not as annoyed personally yet by the whole thing.

But fascinating nevertheless.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #29
daytondisney
Mouseketeer

since you asked

Quote:
If I go into a fancy restaurant and order a filet, and they delivery a hamburger, I should be happy right?
yes

Quote:
I mean, that's a first world problem, right?
yes

Quote:
Lots of starving kids in Africa would love to have that hamburger, right?
yes
daytondisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:23 PM   #30
daytondisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
Sure, if you have a disappointing experience you can - and should! - protest to the management (ie, write directly to Disney).

And yes, getting a hamburger when you ordered filet IS a First World Problem. It wouldn't traumatize me, I simply would post my experience on Yelp and never return to that restaurant.
What if you ordered filet, but while they were still cooking it you saw smoke coming from the kitchen and got the idea that it might not be as good as the one you had last year? Would it be too early go into full snark mode?
daytondisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: