Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #91
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyB2006 View Post
LOL, I am still a 'supporter' (if that's what you want to call it) of FP+. I still realize that they are testing this whole thing and they have to see what works and what doesn't.

I think in the longrun, it will be a positive change, for me at least and others that tour like me. We are the late risers that arrive around 11 or noon and stay late and close the parks. We never do RD. I did it once and I was so stressed out I will never do it again, until my kids are older and they tell me they want to do it.

This definitely is not something I want to see, but I understand that Disney has to test the system the way they see fit.

Have always said even one headliner is better than the current system for us, but will try to stay on the down low because 2 or 3 would still be better. Still zero chance we will be in a park before noon.

As for EPCOT-we have actually met at IG late am, walked in-then everyone went back to BCV to either hit SAB or breakfast, while just one of us walked over to TT before all FP were gone.

That way we would have at least one FP for TT that week. It was actually nice to have that FP for later when we were ready to go into EPCOT.

Last edited by jade1; 11-01-2013 at 10:21 AM.
jade1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:16 AM   #92
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Location: Split between Pennsylvania and Europe (Croatia and Austria)

Ugh - not happy about this.

I was already able to choose FP+ rides during that time on my BF's ticket, but i'm getting a special rate ticket that I can't link until I get there. Hopefully this wont' mess with the plan to get me on teh same FP+ times as his ticket once we get there....
JenSop is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2013, 10:17 AM   #93
jannylynn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpa View Post
I wouldn't be happy being a guinea pig during my vacation unless some other perk was thrown my way. Paying lots of money to test a buggy system with the possibility of it ruining said vacation. No Thanks
This isn't a matter of the system being buggy. Not everyone has encountered bugs in this process.

This is WDW FP+ developers being morons! This was an intentional change and personally, I hope that everyone will send them an email complaining about the changes. They won't know that we are unhappy unless we tell them.

All Star Music, Family Suite, Dec. 2013!
jannylynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:17 AM   #94
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post
I think that is a big thing that is playing into it. If this works out I would expect it to go to all the parks but it may be hard at Mk.
I could see it at DHS to try to space out the DHS crowds from TSMM.
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:19 AM   #95
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArwenMarie View Post
I could see it at DHS to try to space out the DHS crowds from TSMM.
Although I think everyone will still choose TSMM. But it would spare some availability at either ToT or RnR to do the same thing there. I think if they felt the need here, they can't help but feel the need there as well.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:19 AM   #96
TLHB70
Let me be known by the Company I keep, eclipsed by YOUR presence that I may decrease
I really like a lot of the music they play out around the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnywho View Post
For my Epcot day, I have 3 "headliners" booked for the 3 members of my party who have linked tickets on MDE. The other 2 have to get their tickets converted when we arrive. Will I be able to copy those fastpasses over or am I out of luck because of this change?
I am having a similar situation. DD and I will be in parks Dec. 5. DH can't take off of work and get there until the night of Dec. 9. He is not listed on our package because he will not have nine day park hoppers; he only needs 5 day hoppers. We will have to add him to our resort and buy his passes when he arrives. I had planned to copy our fp+ to him then. DD and I have all three "headliners" as our 3 fp+ booked now. I hope we will still be able to copy our fp+ to DH!
Old 11-01-2013, 10:19 AM   #97
BayouMickey
Green Grinning Gators Come Out To Socialize

I don't know why people are complaining about this..
This opens up more times for FP-...
Nobody's forcing you to take part of the test.. With these restrictions regular FP people will have better chances to do their "thing" now..
BayouMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:19 AM   #98
BlueStarryHat

Just picture everyone sitting at the computer in their underwear

We wouldn't have been affected by this anyway, as we don't enjoy Test Track or Mission: Space, and didn't use one of our selections on them.

Now, if this had been the Studios and they were restricting ToT, RnRC, and TSMM I would have been a bit shaken up even though I made my FP+ selections as soon as I could and tweaked them to our liking already. Won't be touching *anything* now, and I've printed out the pages with all of our FP+ times and will have my sister take a screenshot of each park's FP+ page on her phone. I'm paranoid like that.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:20 AM   #99
CarrieR
DIS Veteran

Incidentally, I just went to look at my checkout day (Jan 1) and I have Soarin available but not TT.

I am becoming more & more comfortable with my decision not to renew my AP. I will miss my trips, but honestly... I miss my trips from 2011, so no use throwing good money after bad. Each trip it gets harder and harder to tour as we like.
CarrieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:20 AM   #100
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpa View Post
I wouldn't be happy being a guinea pig during my vacation unless some other perk was thrown my way. Paying lots of money to test a buggy system with the possibility of it ruining said vacation. No Thanks
But here's the difference between you and me then. I'm not going to let the fact that I can't ride Soarin' or might have to stand in a longer line for it, RUIN my vacation.

This is where this is being blown out of proportion, IMO. Does it stink that they did this? Yes it does. Does it make riding those rides harder? Yes. But it won't ruin my vacation. My vacation consists of a lot more than just being able to ride headliner rides.

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:21 AM   #101
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouMickey View Post
Nobody's forcing you to take part of the test.. With these restrictions regular FP people will have better chances to do their "thing" now..
And this exactly!!! LOL They still haven't done away with regular FP.

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:21 AM   #102
LimeCordial
Mouseketeer

This is a brilliant move.

Now the Fastpass+ of just last week looks a lot more appealing doesn't it?

All the complaints will suddenly ease up when they reinstate the initial FP+ choices.
LimeCordial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:21 AM   #103
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouMickey View Post
I hope that was supposed to be a joke?
Old 11-01-2013, 10:21 AM   #104
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
I have only one word to say: Fabulous.
It looks more fabulous in pink.
I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. There would never be an “Escalator Temporarily Out of Order” sign. Only an “Escalator Temporarily Stairs… Sorry for the Convenience.”
Mad Hattered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:22 AM   #105
Playgrnd
Mouseketeer

Anyone else having problems selecting MK attractions past 5 PM on the week of Nov 11? None of my FP+ Selections for Nov13 are displaying times past 5 PM!
Wilderness Lodge - Nov 2012
Wilderness Lodge & DCL Fantasy - Nov 2013
Beach Club - Nov 2014

Playgrnd is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: