Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-2013, 09:03 AM   #76
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!
 
AmyB2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,925

Quote:
I wonder how many supporters of FP+s will change their minds after this.
LOL, I am still a 'supporter' (if that's what you want to call it) of FP+. I still realize that they are testing this whole thing and they have to see what works and what doesn't.

I think in the longrun, it will be a positive change, for me at least and others that tour like me. We are the late risers that arrive around 11 or noon and stay late and close the parks. We never do RD. I did it once and I was so stressed out I will never do it again, until my kids are older and they tell me they want to do it.

This definitely is not something I want to see, but I understand that Disney has to test the system the way they see fit.
__________________

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:05 AM   #77
Sunnywho
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 546

For my Epcot day, I have 3 "headliners" booked for the 3 members of my party who have linked tickets on MDE. The other 2 have to get their tickets converted when we arrive. Will I be able to copy those fastpasses over or am I out of luck because of this change?
Sunnywho is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-01-2013, 09:07 AM   #78
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!
 
AmyB2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,925

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnywho View Post
For my Epcot day, I have 3 "headliners" booked for the 3 members of my party who have linked tickets on MDE. The other 2 have to get their tickets converted when we arrive. Will I be able to copy those fastpasses over or am I out of luck because of this change?
Give it a try and let us know. I already copied my reservations for December, and it let me. But this was 2 days ago.
__________________

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:07 AM   #79
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings
 
Kathy Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 1,511

Thank goodness I booked all our FF+ as soon as they were available. For our EPCOT day we have 'Soarin, TT & Mission Space. I have photos of all my reservations listed in MDE on my phone just in case there is any question. I sure won't try to do any last minute changes!
__________________
Polynesian Apr. 1975 & May 1980 w/DH, DD, & DS The Disney Inn (Originally The Golf Resort; now Shades of Green) Christmas 1985 w/DH, DD & DS
Polynesian May 2009 w/DH, DGD (10) & DGD (7) BWI Dec 2009 w/DH; AKL Dec 2010 w/DH; AKL Feb. 2012 w/DH; POR w/DH Feb. 2013
WL Nov 2013 w/DH & DGS (8) POFQ Feb 2014 w/DH
Kathy Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:08 AM   #80
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 27,941

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch View Post
I went at rope drop all week even with FP+ reservations.

I was able to ride Soarin twice stand by and Test Track once via the single rider line, and then I used my FP+ later in the day.
I would too. But the big supporters of FP+ seem to be the late sleepers. If you still have to be there at rope drop, it sort of negates that benefit.

In response to the complaint about only being able to get a FP+ for either TT or Soarin, someone suggested doing one at RD. That's fixing a problem that wasn't there until they decided to fix something that wasn't broken.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:09 AM   #81
rteetz
DIS Veteran
 
rteetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,981

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArwenMarie View Post
It's a test right now, but it seems to indicate to me that they are concerned about prebooking availability for those rides. Maybe they are thinking that if you are staying there a week, you would probably spend two days at Epcot to see it all anyway, so if they break those two rides up, no big deal, you just ride the other one the other day.
I agree with you there. I still think they are weighing all of there options yet tho.
__________________
Eat, Sleep, Disney!



rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:10 AM   #82
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran
 
ArwenMarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,815

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post
I agree with you there. I still think they are weighing all of there options yet tho.
Yep. Definitely weighing options. Maybe they are concerned about when all of the APs and other offsite tickets come on board.
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:10 AM   #83
rteetz
DIS Veteran
 
rteetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
Those dates aren't correct. The screen shot above is from November 13th. Also the FP+ I booked for a friend at Epcot for tonight have been changed. She no longer has Soarin and Test Track, just Maelstrom. I hope that part is a glitch.
Well that's what I saw from others about this change so I posted what I found. It's a test not everything is going to be correct
__________________
Eat, Sleep, Disney!



rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:11 AM   #84
peteykirch
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 321

Now if they do this at MK then I'll be against it. It works at EPCOT due to the lack of real headliners but if they only let you ride one of the Mountains people will go ballistic.
peteykirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:11 AM   #85
pigletto
DIS Veteran
 
pigletto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 8,939

Well the screenshot on my phone thing won't work because the fastpass+ on my MDE app is completely messed up and totally different than the ones I see when I log in via my computer.

I won't be changing my fastpass+ reservations around now even though I had planned to change a bunch of times. You know it was just yesterday I thought "They had planned to test fastpass+ by putting rides in tiers.. I wonder what happened to that? Thank goodness they aren't doing that now." I kid you not.

What a freaking mess.
__________________
pigletto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:13 AM   #86
curemyreed
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: A vacation away
Posts: 698

Thank you to the numerous people who explained how to do a screenshot.
curemyreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:13 AM   #87
robpa
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Drums,Pa
Posts: 309

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyB2006 View Post
LOL, I am still a 'supporter' (if that's what you want to call it) of FP+. I still realize that they are testing this whole thing and they have to see what works and what doesn't.

I think in the longrun, it will be a positive change, for me at least and others that tour like me. We are the late risers that arrive around 11 or noon and stay late and close the parks. We never do RD. I did it once and I was so stressed out I will never do it again, until my kids are older and they tell me they want to do it.

This definitely is not something I want to see, but I understand that Disney has to test the system the way they see fit.



I wouldn't be happy being a guinea pig during my vacation unless some other perk was thrown my way. Paying lots of money to test a buggy system with the possibility of it ruining said vacation. No Thanks
robpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #88
DizneyLizzy
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,055

For those going in December - I just checked my FP+ reservations for Epcot on Dec. 7th, and they are still intact. I did a printout of "My Reservations" just to be safe.
DizneyLizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #89
pigletto
DIS Veteran
 
pigletto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 8,939

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I would too. But the big supporters of FP+ seem to be the late sleepers. If you still have to be there at rope drop, it sort of negates that benefit.

In response to the complaint about only being able to get a FP+ for either TT or Soarin, someone suggested doing one at RD. That's fixing a problem that wasn't there until they decided to fix something that wasn't broken.
This.
__________________
pigletto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #90
rteetz
DIS Veteran
 
rteetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,981

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArwenMarie View Post
Yep. Definitely weighing options. Maybe they are concerned about when all of the APs and other offsite tickets come on board.
I think that is a big thing that is playing into it. If this works out I would expect it to go to all the parks but it may be hard at Mk.
__________________
Eat, Sleep, Disney!



rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.