Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-2013, 09:12 AM   #46
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran
 
lockedoutlogic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Joisey
Posts: 3,888

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpa View Post

Everyone is assuming that once this is totally implemented that they will be able to get the time they want for each fastpass. That may be true now(during limited testing) but will it be true when many more guests have access to it. If you don't book @ 60 days out its going to be slim pickings as far as optimum times.
The parks are only open for so long and rides can only support so many riders per hour so good times will fill up fast, especially if they are also going to hold some back for same day fastpass.
Again. Excellent.

The real danger here - especially by longtime travelers/posters - is that they are assuming that Disney is trying to make sure we get good "value" or everything we want from our tickets

That's fools errand.
__________________
Went there.....
Worked there....(Resort Operations)
Wed there....(EPCOT 2004)
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom


"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:24 AM   #47
robpa
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Drums,Pa
Posts: 361

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
Again. Excellent.

The real danger here - especially by longtime travelers/posters - is that they are assuming that Disney is trying to make sure we get good "value" or everything we want from our tickets

That's fools errand.

I think the fastpass+ is just window dressing anyway. They really want to be able to track where you are at any given time and then market whatever they are trying to push to whoever is in that area via your phone.

Your phone buzzes and a message about it being lunch time and why not try a nice smoked turkey leg. The cart is right next to you.
robpa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-01-2013, 09:56 AM   #48
bdklein
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: In a House
Posts: 1,862

Ask this guy.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busin...,6491648.story
bdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:58 AM   #49
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran
 
lockedoutlogic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Joisey
Posts: 3,888

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpa View Post

I think the fastpass+ is just window dressing anyway. They really want to be able to track where you are at any given time and then market whatever they are trying to push to whoever is in that area via your phone.

Your phone buzzes and a message about it being lunch time and why not try a nice smoked turkey leg. The cart is right next to you.
Agreed...there is little doubt on the direct marketing goal....

Disneys only interest in fast pass is getting you out of the lines and into the stores...period.

Rides don't make money...so much to the point now that that they only give construction of them lip service. That's just the smoke.
__________________
Went there.....
Worked there....(Resort Operations)
Wed there....(EPCOT 2004)
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom


"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:07 AM   #50
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran
 
lockedoutlogic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Joisey
Posts: 3,888

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdklein View Post
This article says it all...which is that it will "allow advanced bookings" of rides and shows. It also says NOTHING else. No pr, marketing or sales pitch...they aren't even bothering to try...
If that doesn't scare the crapola out of you... It should.

Mr. Garcia has been writing the disney articles for about ten years...when he is trying to "slide one by"...in tacit disapproval, it is brief and contains almost no superfluous details. Case in point.
__________________
Went there.....
Worked there....(Resort Operations)
Wed there....(EPCOT 2004)
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom


"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #51
MichaelaF
Mouseketeer
 
MichaelaF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 405

I think that eventually FP+ users are going to get the option of a free unicorn or a free puppy. Then the unicorn (or puppy) will also get a Magic Band. THe good news is, they can pick their own time windows! Granted, it's going to be a hassle to get the unicorn (or puppy) home on the plane, but HEY, FREE UNICORN (OR PUPPY), and you all KNOW how much those guys spend on Disney decorations for their horns.

WE SEE WHAT YOU ARE DOING, DISNEY. TRYING TO SELL US A BILL OF UNICORN (OR PUPPY) GOODS.
__________________
Michaela


NEXT TRIP: Nov 2014 - Fort Wilderness!
March 2014 - Disneyland Off-site
Oct 2013 - Fort Wilderness and Villas at Wilderness Lodge
1994 - Polynesian Resort - Concierge and Magic Kingdom View
1992 - Polynesian Resort
1984 - Disneyland
MichaelaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:23 AM   #52
robpa
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Drums,Pa
Posts: 361

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
This article says it all...which is that it will "allow advanced bookings" of rides and shows. It also says NOTHING else. No pr, marketing or sales pitch...they aren't even bothering to try...
If that doesn't scare the crapola out of you... It should.

Mr. Garcia has been writing the disney articles for about ten years...when he is trying to "slide one by"...in tacit disapproval, it is brief and contains almost no superfluous details. Case in point.
Why should they bother spinning it. There are enough people who go and spend money anyway. There is a thread in the theme park section filled with people who are happy to spend thousands of dollars to walk around the parks and look at the scenery and people watch,they don't care if they ride any rides. They could do the same thing at public gardens for free or a much smaller fee than Disney charges.

Its like buying a car with all the bells and whistles but only a few of them work. Would anyone be happy with that?
robpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #53
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR
 
tjkraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 13,244

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpa View Post
I think the fastpass+ is just window dressing anyway. They really want to be able to track where you are at any given time and then market whatever they are trying to push to whoever is in that area via your phone.

Your phone buzzes and a message about it being lunch time and why not try a nice smoked turkey leg. The cart is right next to you.
I will be very surprised if that happens.

The FP+ advance reservations gives managers greater insight into guest habits and traffic patterns well in advance of the operating day. RFID tags could be used to detect operational trends during the actual day. For instance, if they are seeing a higher-than-normal volume of guests in Frontierland at lunch time, they could reassign staff from Cosmic Rays to Pecos Bill's.

But when you send targeted messages which constantly remind guests "we can tell exactly where you are and we're watching!", that's a level of intrusiveness which would prove very off-putting to many.

Overall there will be many subtle ways in which the MagicBands can help reduce Disney's operating costs AND increase revenues. The mere novelty of the touch-to-pay system makes it easier...and even "fun" in the minds of some guests...to make a purchase. In the earnings calls Iger / Staggs have already confirmed that average guest spending increased for those testing the bands.

Disney undeniably has its own motivations for implementing this tech. But that doesn't mean I need to spend a dollar more than I otherwise would. I don't need to buy a Turkey Leg from the stand next to me. I don't need to browse gift shops while waiting for my FP time.

And regardless of Disney's motivations, I have every expectation that my vacations will be improved by these enhancements.

An increase in Disney's profits and an increase in my satisfaction are not mutually exclusive phenomena.
__________________
-- Tim

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:39 AM   #54
wisblue
DIS Veteran
 
wisblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,368

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyfan0805 View Post
This is an interesting theory that has been passed around, but I think it presents a real crowd control problem. I have argued that an element of this is normalizing wait times. In the old system, the recurrent visitors would spend a lot less time in line than the 1-timers (we know how to maximize the system). The 1-timers, however, are a more ripe group for shopping. I think part of this is to level the disparity in this a little.

That said, the lines play an important role in crowd control. Imagine Christmas week crowds in the middle of the day at MK - now imagine what it would be like if all of the people in lines at the rides were out in the streets as well. This would pose a major crowd control issue for Disney. While it may not need to be 2 hours, I'm not sure they could handle the crowd issues of eliminating waits.
I'm not saying to eliminate them entirely, but put a limit on them, whether that be 30, 40, 50, or 60 minutes.

But, I agree that the other part of these changes is to balance out the ability of more guests to experience at least one or two major attractions at the expense of the experienced visitors who really worked the system. As one of those regular visitors, it isn't going to upset me to give up one more ride on one of the major headliners to allow someone else to enjoy it once.

The two tiered approach for FP+ at Epcot which came out today seems to be another example of this attempt to create balance.
wisblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #55
MichaelaF
Mouseketeer
 
MichaelaF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkraz View Post
I will be very surprised if that happens.
Disney undeniably has its own motivations for implementing this tech. But that doesn't mean I need to spend a dollar more than I otherwise would. I don't need to buy a Turkey Leg from the stand next to me. I don't need to browse gift shops while waiting for my FP time.

And regardless of Disney's motivations, I have every expectation that my vacations will be improved by these enhancements.

An increase in Disney's profits and an increase in my satisfaction are not mutually exclusive phenomena.

I absolutely agree with this.
__________________
Michaela


NEXT TRIP: Nov 2014 - Fort Wilderness!
March 2014 - Disneyland Off-site
Oct 2013 - Fort Wilderness and Villas at Wilderness Lodge
1994 - Polynesian Resort - Concierge and Magic Kingdom View
1992 - Polynesian Resort
1984 - Disneyland
MichaelaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:59 AM   #56
robpa
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Drums,Pa
Posts: 361

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkraz View Post
I will be very surprised if that happens.

The FP+ advance reservations gives managers greater insight into guest habits and traffic patterns well in advance of the operating day. RFID tags could be used to detect operational trends during the actual day. For instance, if they are seeing a higher-than-normal volume of guests in Frontierland at lunch time, they could reassign staff from Cosmic Rays to Pecos Bill's.

But when you send targeted messages which constantly remind guests "we can tell exactly where you are and we're watching!", that's a level of intrusiveness which would prove very off-putting to many.

Overall there will be many subtle ways in which the MagicBands can help reduce Disney's operating costs AND increase revenues. The mere novelty of the touch-to-pay system makes it easier...and even "fun" in the minds of some guests...to make a purchase. In the earnings calls Iger / Staggs have already confirmed that average guest spending increased for those testing the bands.

Disney undeniably has its own motivations for implementing this tech. But that doesn't mean I need to spend a dollar more than I otherwise would. I don't need to buy a Turkey Leg from the stand next to me. I don't need to browse gift shops while waiting for my FP time.

And regardless of Disney's motivations, I have every expectation that my vacations will be improved by these enhancements.

An increase in Disney's profits and an increase in my satisfaction are not mutually exclusive phenomena.

I don't think they would say the cart is next to you, I was just trying to emphasize my point. I believe they would be more subtle than that. No one wants to think that big brother is watching you but this certainly reeks of that.

I hope that this does improve your vacations because vacations are a precious commodity, but major corporations only do things to improve their bottom line. Not saying that is wrong, but at what expense to avg. Joe vacationer. You don't spend 1 billion dollars without having a plan as to how quickly you can recoup that money. Cutting some staff isn't going to get it back faster,they have already done that. I don't know how many more people you can cram into the parks. I guess they will use this to justify the next ticket increase.

They have a grander plan just not sure what it is yet.
robpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:10 PM   #57
quikah
Mouseketeer
 
quikah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 142

now that I think on it, Magicbands are kind of limited. They have no way of influencing guest behavior, it is just a tracking mechanism. Makes me wonder why they went this route. Seems rather 20th century thinking.

They could make a custom iPod touch like pendant that would have interactive content tied into the park WiFi. Too many people in Fantasyland? Send a "Surprise FP" to Jungle Cruise to X people in FL. Not enough sales at the Emporium? Send X people a 10% coupon. You could have nice interactive games also to hide the fact that you are really trying to influence behavior. Revive the Pal Mickey with this.

I guess costs is an issue, but they already spent $1B+ on this. They could tie it into Disney Infinity even to make more money.
quikah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:47 PM   #58
jtwibih
Mouseketeer
 
jtwibih's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: TN
Posts: 151

The water is very murky on this subject. The lack of marketing is astonishing. It feels like they are just forcing people to accept this with no "what's in it for you" pitch other than pre-planning. At least sell me on why this is great.......
__________________


Past: Apr 2014 - DCL; Nov 2013 - BWV/AKV; Apr 2013 - DLH; Nov 2012 - AKV; Nov 2011 - WL; Nov 2010 - WL; May 2010 - CSR; Jun 2009 - AKL; Apr 2008 - AKL/WL; Jul 2007 - SS; Aug 2006 - POFQ; Aug 2005 - POFQ; Aug 2004 - offsite
jtwibih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:01 PM   #59
robpa
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Drums,Pa
Posts: 361

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwibih View Post
The water is very murky on this subject. The lack of marketing is astonishing. It feels like they are just forcing people to accept this with no "what's in it for you" pitch other than pre-planning. At least sell me on why this is great.......
Exactly, makes it seem like they are hiding something. The problem is people have been accepting whatever Disney does for years now. The parks are still jammed so why should they add attractions or value to your vacation, you will still come anyway ( by you I mean Disney guests in general not YOU jtwibih)
robpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:14 PM   #60
disneynutz


Earning My Ears One At A Time
 
disneynutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North Texas
Posts: 18,621

Quote:
Originally Posted by quikah View Post
now that I think on it, Magicbands are kind of limited. They have no way of influencing guest behavior, it is just a tracking mechanism. Makes me wonder why they went this route. Seems rather 20th century thinking.

They could make a custom iPod touch like pendant that would have interactive content tied into the park WiFi. Too many people in Fantasyland? Send a "Surprise FP" to Jungle Cruise to X people in FL. Not enough sales at the Emporium? Send X people a 10% coupon. You could have nice interactive games also to hide the fact that you are really trying to influence behavior. Revive the Pal Mickey with this.

I guess costs is an issue, but they already spent $1B+ on this. They could tie it into Disney Infinity even to make more money.
Guest tracking, moving them faster, interactive experience, and Disney already has seen increased spending because waving a MB doesn't feel like you are spending money.

Offering FP's based on where you are staying is just around the corner and using them to balance attraction attendance is a plus for Disney and Guests.

I expect that Disney will also be able to reduce the number of CM's once the system is fully implemented.

Bill
__________________

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.