Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2013, 11:06 PM   #31
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
We watched the show last year twice, 2 days apart. While some of the cast were the same, not all were. I took photos of both shows and probably would have been none the wiser had I not had them side by side. Most probably I wouldn't have even noticed.

First day:

Untitled by 2Tiggies, on Flickr

Second day:

FOTLK September 2012 by 2Tiggies, on Flickr

Clearly not the same. The 'bird' was the same as were some of the others. Can't tell with the monkeys but some of the lead roles seemed to change out.
There's more than one cast in a day for FOTLK. There's the "principal cast" those include the singers, fire performer, bird dancers, and the tumble monkeys. Then "show movers" are the girls and guys that are the zebra, cheetah, giraffe, alligator, warthog, beast, aka the other dancers that are not the birds.

We were there at 10:30 and 11:30 and had the same principal cast but different "ensemble" cast. They switch out depending on how many shows there are per day, for example, on a 9 show day, each cast does three shows!

I definitely also have my favorites in certain areas, and the last show I saw was amazing, so here's hoping some of those guys stick around after the refurb!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:41 PM   #32
katt789
DIS Veteran

Another tidbit:

FOTLK vocalist auditons were posted today for mid December. They say that the contracts start in April!! Here's hoping that means the show can be up & running by mid May!!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2013, 10:26 AM   #33
Shmily1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
We watched the show last year twice, 2 days apart. While some of the cast were the same, not all were. I took photos of both shows and probably would have been none the wiser had I not had them side by side. Most probably I wouldn't have even noticed.

First day:

Untitled by 2Tiggies, on Flickr

Second day:

FOTLK September 2012 by 2Tiggies, on Flickr

Clearly not the same. The 'bird' was the same as were some of the others. Can't tell with the monkeys but some of the lead roles seemed to change out.
You have definitely got exactly what I was talking about. The top picture is the one that I've seen the most and he is the best IMO-my favorite. The one on the bottom just doesn't have the voice for the part, even though he does a good voice, it's just not the same when he is there. I wish I could tell which ones are in on which performance.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:25 PM   #34
appleorchard
DIS Veteran

I have a favorite "chief" and a favorite tumble monkey, too! We were just there in October for what I guess will be the last time we get to see the show. My DGD not only got to "lead" the audience in making the giraffe sound, but she also was the one to meet Timon at the end. I'm glad we went out with a bang!

It will break my heart if the tumble monkeys aren't in the new show!
appleorchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:46 PM   #35
HockeyMomNH
DIS Veteran

The audition info includes the following.

Seeking the following roles:

Kiume: The Leader. Must have a strong and powerful presence; Male resonant baritone/bass. 5’10 – 6’2

Zawadi: The Gift. “Mother Earth” to all who know her. Female gospel mezzo-soprano with high belt. 5’5-5’8

Nakawa: The Prince. Good looking and confident. Male pop/R&B second tenor. 5’8-5’10

Kibibi: The Princess. Sweet and impatient. Female pop/gospel second soprano with high belt to E. 5’4 - 5’8

So it would seem like it's not completely a new show. The four leads are the same role, at least.

Here is the link:

http://www.disneyauditions.com/calendar/index.html

I clicked on the New York auditions for the additional info.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:49 PM   #36
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Video posted of the construction of the new theater (posted on wdwmagic):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0Dx0IW2hmc

crazy4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:35 AM   #37
DWJoshua
Mouseketeer

That aerial photo is so interesting. If you look at the show building, it's almost exactly the same shape as the old show building. The only exception is that I don't see the canopies/tunnels for the floats that were used in the old show. Does this mean that they have done away with the moving stage concept, or are they just not building them until later? It doesn't even look like they've cleared trees on one side of the building where the tunnels would go. Just a thought.

Past Trips:
Nov. '95 * Dec. '98 * Dec '01 * Mar. '04 * Jan. '05 * Jan. '07 * Apr. '07 * Jan. '08 * Oct. '08 * Oct. '09 * Jan. '10 * Jan. '12 * Dec. '13
1/06-5/06 - WDW CP
DWJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:26 AM   #38
DanBoris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWJoshua View Post
That aerial photo is so interesting. If you look at the show building, it's almost exactly the same shape as the old show building. The only exception is that I don't see the canopies/tunnels for the floats that were used in the old show. Does this mean that they have done away with the moving stage concept, or are they just not building them until later? It doesn't even look like they've cleared trees on one side of the building where the tunnels would go. Just a thought.
The tunnels aren't there but there are backstage buildings attached to the back of the theatre that weren't there in the old theatre, so this might be where the floats will go.
DanBoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:08 PM   #39
DWJoshua
Mouseketeer

The Hong Kong Disneyland version of FOTLK uses a hydrolic center stage vs. the florida version with the stage floats that come in from off stage. It's possible that they're changing to that format, which would mean they wouldn't need the long tunnels.

Past Trips:
Nov. '95 * Dec. '98 * Dec '01 * Mar. '04 * Jan. '05 * Jan. '07 * Apr. '07 * Jan. '08 * Oct. '08 * Oct. '09 * Jan. '10 * Jan. '12 * Dec. '13
1/06-5/06 - WDW CP
DWJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:41 AM   #40
TheSweetestThing
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmily1 View Post
You have definitely got exactly what I was talking about. The top picture is the one that I've seen the most and he is the best IMO-my favorite. The one on the bottom just doesn't have the voice for the part, even though he does a good voice, it's just not the same when he is there. I wish I could tell which ones are in on which performance.
Those are exactly the same guy.
TheSweetestThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:01 PM   #41
ElCapitanAmerica
Earning My Ears

We were at AK for the last day of this show (not *the* last show of the day, but near it).

It was pretty emotional, the "fire dancer guy" was really into it and at the end of the show was tearing up. I wasn't sure if they were coming back or not, now I know for sure, it was the end of that version of the show and the whole cast ...
ElCapitanAmerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:53 PM   #42
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCapitanAmerica View Post
We were at AK for the last day of this show (not *the* last show of the day, but near it). It was pretty emotional, the "fire dancer guy" was really into it and at the end of the show was tearing up. I wasn't sure if they were coming back or not, now I know for sure, it was the end of that version of the show and the whole cast ...
well the cast members can reaudition if they're and so some may and still be part of the show. The show it self should be basically the same just some minor changes and of course a new location.

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:37 AM   #43
Frank_Segers
Earning My Ears

Any news on an expected opening date?
Frank_Segers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:00 PM   #44
TheSweetestThing
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Segers View Post
Any news on an expected opening date?
One of my friends is planing her vacation for June and inquired about it. She was told it has now been pushed back to August.
TheSweetestThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:46 PM   #45
Scottishbrit
Mouseketeer

I didn't read through all the coments so it might have been answered but Is the show closed now? Were going in 25 days and Im sure my kids would have loved it.
Scottishbrit is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: