Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2013, 01:20 PM   #31
LowesChevy
The happy haunts have received your sympathetic vibrations and are beginning to materialize

Monday the 30th

Columbia Harbor House-lunch

This is the only counter service in the parks where I enjoy dining. The theme is nicely done and the menu is to our liking. The queue has been changed, so we moved a little quicker through the line, but it still took about 15 minutes to get our order. It tends to be quieter upstairs, but I think most people have figured out that gem of information. Anyway we found a spot in a small room right off the lobby and order area to sit. It was crowded and full of strollers, but hey its WDW and it’s lunch time!

I had the fish and chicken and it was okay. I have really cut back on my intake, so fried goodies are a real treat. The chicken was fine, but the fish was deep fried in oil that was either to cold or it had just been sitting too long. My dad had the tuna sandwich, which he ate, but his potato chip pile had a patch of raw ones. My mother enjoyed her uncrustables, but hey who wouldn’t?!

Sadly it was bland, mediocre & lukewarm food. I think we will head to Gasparilla’s or Contempo Café next time we want to do a counter service meal near the MK.

Meh-thumbs down
Old 11-06-2013, 07:30 AM   #32
LowesChevy
The happy haunts have received your sympathetic vibrations and are beginning to materialize

Wolfgang Puck-dinner

Wolfgang Puck Café is usually a great bet for us. We experienced slow service once, but other than that the place has treated us very well. The menu has salads, sandwiches, pastas, pizza and sushi, so there are plenty of choices for everyone even picky ones! I think it rains every time we come here, but at least we were inside and they could seat us early.

Joe came right over to the table after we were seated in introduced himself. He took our drink order while we perused the menu. I cannot pass up an opportunity to have my favorite yellowtail tuna nigiri style. Nom Nom! It took me a while before I had the desire to try the raw fish, fish egg kind of thing, but now I really enjoy it. If you steer clear of the rolls with mayonnaise based sauces and cream cheese, it can be a relatively healthy meal. In the meantime Joe brought by some house bread focaccia with butter.

I rarely get a craving for, but chicken and mushroom Alfredo was standing out for me. Apparently I wanted carbs! The pasta had roasted chicken, sautéed mushrooms tossed with a creamy parmesan sauce and topped with goat cheese. It was good and the serving size was ginormous, so if you have a smaller appetite, consider splitting with someone. I really liked the goat cheese and mushrooms together.

My mother had the spaghetti Bolognese, which is a favorite of hers. This one was a little lighter than most, some versions add heavy cream at the end, but this one had a thick meaty tomato sauce that wasn’t densely rich. She enjoyed it, but didn’t come close to finishing it.

Dad had the simple pepperoni pizza with piquillo peppers, salami and sopressata. Pizza is all very good here and tonight was great too. Food was great, service was great, overall a great experience.

5 stars- Excellent
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2013, 07:32 AM   #33
LowesChevy

Wave-breakfast

We ate at the Wave each morning while staying at Bay Lake Tower. They offer a lovely a la carte menu with locally sourced and whole grain items as well as a buffet for breakfast. The ever popular ham and cheese omelet is available as well as eggs Benedict with lime Hollandaise, which personally is overkill for me, flapjacks, waffles (available in Belgian style or whole grain) French toast, a frittata and eggs your way are some of the menu choices. The Wave is one of the few places you get chicken sausage with your meal. You can also spice up the morning with whole leaf teas or a cocktail!
Belgian waffle served with sausage and fruit compote.

Buffet offerings

The buffet offers oatmeal with fixings, sausage gravy and biscuits, cheesy grits with bacon, sausage, bacon, eggs Benedict, scrambled eggs, bread pudding, breads, muffins, other pastries, fresh fruit, cottage cheese, lox, bagels, capers and red onion.

The atmosphere is odd, but I think they did a good job with the space they had to work with. I will always remember it as the Fiesta Food & Fun Center, but I love the addition of the Wave to the Contemporary, especially since we are DVC members at BLT. I t give us a place to be able to walk in for breakfast every morning. Service is usually very good, once in a while you will get an overwhelmed server. Three quarters of the time you can get in and get out to the parks in a reasonable amount of time.

5 stars-Excellent

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: