Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2013, 11:41 AM   #1
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

We Hopped All The Way To Disneyland Just For Some Dis Meets. Ch. 10. Added-7/14/14

Chapter 1. Casting Call.

My first trip report and I already don't know where to start.

Whoa! Talk about deja vu. I could swear I've read that line somewhere before. Sounds familiar to me. It's as if I've written it somewhere before, but not sure exactly where. Maybe it was in a dream. I dreamt that my darling wife and I wrote a trip report about our first trip to Disneyland together. We called it ďThumping Our Way Through Disneyland.Ē It was about spending our 5 year anniversary in California and all the things we did while we were there. Surely no one could be interested in that, RIGHT?!

Oh, I know where I read it now. It was here on the Disboards. Some users called Thumper Man and Thumper Manís Wife wrote it.

Hey! Iím Thumper Man!

And my DW is Thumper Manís Wife!

Well would you look at there. I guess it wasn't a dream after all. We really did write a TR. I wonder if it was any good? I'll have to go back and read what we wrote. See how it compares to our SECOND trip report.

I guess this is the point of the TR that it's time to introduce the cast for this trip (for those of you that donít already know us.)

There is moi, me, myself and I. Then thereís Mike. People usually refer to me as T_Man for short.

Iíve also been known as thump or bunny boy. Even though I have multiple aliases, T_Man works best, because thatís what Lady H will usually refer to me as during the course of this trip. Who's Lady H? Well our next cast member of course.

Next there is Heather, but people mostly call her Lady H. This name was given to her by (sigh) our good friend Ponzi. Ponzi gets a real kick when we call him our good friend. Besides heís one of our faithful followers. Hmm. Sounds like we have our own cult going on.

Anyways, Lady H also has many aliases on here. She is also known as the smiley queen, Mrs. T or TMW. Iíll most often refer to her as Lady H, with the occasional ďBabeĒ and ďHoneyĒ thrown into the mix.

Everyone, this is Lady H.

Together we are known as the Thumperís, thumps or bunnies.

On this new adventure, we have 2 new cast members. No, Ponzi isnít one of them; although one of these days, we hope we get a chance to meet up with him.

Our 2 new cast members are really great friends of ours. We became really good friends by reading their TRís about their trips WDW. We became great friends after meeting them last year at WDW. We were pleased they asked us to join them for what may be their one and only trip ever to Disneyland.

The first new member to join our cast is well loved here on the Disboards. She usually plays the supporting role on her DHís TRís; although sheís been coming out of her shell lately and writing a few chapters herself. Ladies and Ladies (Ok Gentlemen to, well the few who actually follow our TR anyways) I present to you the fun and lovely.

SMIDGY!

I guess after the introduction of our first supporting cast member, the 2nd member really doesn't need no introduction; as most of you probably already know who he is. Iíll try to give him one anyways.

Anyone who has read/followed along on this next personís TRís knows heís one of the best TR writers around here on the DIS.

Next to me of course.

Yeah, right. Who am I kidding.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you, our very own Disboards celebrity.

NEBO!

Now for those of you who know Nebo and Smidgy, you know their real names. Iím sure they wouldnít mind me giving those out, but I think itís only proper they do it themselves; if they so choose. Plus itís my ploy to get them to post more often on here.

I really gotta say, Lady H and I are honored we get to tell you about our trip to DLR with Nebo and Smidgy. We had talked about this trip last year in December, at WDW.

Here's a picture of your entire cast from WDW last year.

Pictures may not reflect it much, but anyone notice how in short 3 months time, Lady H went from being a blonde with long hair, to a red head with short hair. This really threw Nebo for a loop when we met him for the first time.

While there, we talked about the trip Lady H and I took to DL. They mentioned possibly visiting DLR at least once in their lives, but weren't quite sure if they wanted to go or not. Amazing what can happen when you buy a person a drink. Alright we may have twisted their arm a little; but in our defense, we enjoyed spending time with them at WDW. We never know if we were going to get this opportunity again.

They werenít quite sure if it was really worth it to go to DLR or not. It wasnít until reading our last and only TR that convinced them to go. They are true WDW vets. We werenít sure if they really wanted us to go along with them on their trip. Imagine my surprise when Nebo called me one day and asked if we were still interested in going with them. You bet we are.

Whatís even scarier, they left most of the planning up to me.
Did I plan enough for them to have a good time? Did I over plan have them running all around and they had a miserable time? Would WDW vets be able to have a really good time at DLR? Obviously I lived to tell the tale. The good thing is I know how to swim and there are no alligators in the moats over at DL. I was able to swim back to safety.

Finally, for all those Diser's wishing for this TR; yes everyone, your wish has been granted. Lady H and I are doing another DLR trip report. Hopefully it wonít last as long as the last one, but will be just as successful.

Batten down the hatches, raise the sails and read along as Lady H and I tell you all about our new adventure:
ďWe Hopped All The Way To Disneyland Just For Some Dis Meets.Ē

Last edited by Thumper_Man; 07-14-2014 at 10:02 PM. Reason: New Chapter Added
Thumper_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:43 AM   #2
Thumper_Man
DDC 684

Quick Navigation Links and other fun stuff.

Reserved for future chapter links and other fun stuff. Hopefully we get more recipes this time around.

Chapter 1. Casting Call. (Post #1)
Chapter 2. The Bag Lady and the Busted Waiter. (Post #23 & #24)
Chapter 3. To The Land, Without a Plan. (Post #32)
Chapter 4. I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends. (Post #48)
Chapter 5. Knocked Down but Not Out. (Post #68)
Chapter 6. Lady Is A Saucy Wench. (Post #82 & #83)
Chapter 7. To Race, or Not To Race? (Post #116)
Chapter 8. Victory at RSR (Post #159)
Chapter 9. Searching For A Sign. (Post #198)
Chapter 10. Quiet On The Set. Aaannd, ACTION!" (Post #276)

PHOTO LINKS
World of Color 2013

Last edited by Thumper_Man; 07-14-2014 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Added new chapter link.
Thumper_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2013, 12:04 PM   #3
Thumper_Man's Wife
DIS Veteran

Joining in on the fun...I can't wait to hear all about it. Sounds like such a fun trip you and your lovely wife took with your friends...

What?

I guess my attempt at going incognito didn't work huh? Can't blame a girl for trying.

Hopefully we can keep this one going and keep the natives entertained.

Great job on the intros honey

Thumping Our Way Through Disneyland

We Hopped All The Way To Disneyland Just For Some Dis Meets
Thumper_Man's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:38 PM   #4
Thumper_Man
DDC 684

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man's Wife View Post
Joining in on the fun...I can't wait to hear all about it. Sounds like such a fun trip you and your lovely wife took with your friends...
It was, but you should know. You were there.

Quote:
What?
He plays 2nd base. Didn't I just go through this with Ponzi?

Quote:
I guess my attempt at going incognito didn't work huh? Can't blame a girl for trying.
Nope. Your user name gave it away. Nice try though.

Quote:
Hopefully we can keep this one going and keep the natives entertained.
We kept the last one going. It may have been slow, but it was going.

Quote:
Great job on the intros honey
Old 11-03-2013, 07:46 PM   #5
queenbetsey
Mouseketeer

it really was so fun to get to meet the dis stars live and in person. Did you ever get on haunted mansion holiday that morning?

Hey Hey we're the Whiteheads, a pre trip report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3209767

You were born an origional, why die a copy?\

[link=http://distickers.com/ticker/][img noborder]http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/klh12jpwhe9t3guf.png[/img][/link]
queenbetsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:56 AM   #6
Thumper_Man's Wife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenbetsey View Post
it really was so fun to get to meet the dis stars live and in person. Did you ever get on haunted mansion holiday that morning?
Welcome! You my dear are the first, and maybe the only person who has noticed we got this one going. You may be our only reader through this whole thing.

We will definitely get into the meet and greet with you are your DH. It's just a matter of getting the formalities out of the way. But yes, it was very fun to meet you as well.

Old 11-04-2013, 12:53 PM   #7
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

My first venture onto the boards in almost 8 months. That funny thing called life got in the way, plus no trips planned kept me a way.

Glad I found this TR

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
jcc0621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #8
Thumper_Man's Wife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
My first venture onto the boards in almost 8 months. That funny thing called life got in the way, plus no trips planned kept me a way.

Glad I found this TR
Well welcome back We are honored that your first trip back to the boards in that long, you were able to find us and join in the fun. Life seems to be doing that to quite a few people, us included recently. We will do our best to work around this so called life thing that has everyone up in arms, and hope that we can keep you entertained through it all.

Old 11-04-2013, 06:47 PM   #9
queenbetsey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Welcome! You my dear are the first, and maybe the only person who has noticed we got this one going. You may be our only reader through this whole thing.

We will definitely get into the meet and greet with you are your DH. It's just a matter of getting the formalities out of the way. But yes, it was very fun to meet you as well.
well seeing as you folks were my first dis meet that seems to make sense.
I mean really all the cool kids are following your tr right? besides I need to study up in case I make an attempt to do one for our trip in January. we have added 2 1/2 more to our trip. looks like scarlett (cute granddaughter) and those people she lives with might be joining us
Not sure on the trip report since the bar has been set so high by you and your hubby and of course nebo and ponzi

[link=http://distickers.com/ticker/][img noborder]http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/klh12jpwhe9t3guf.png[/img][/link]
Old 11-05-2013, 02:40 PM   #10
Thumper_Man's Wife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
well seeing as you folks were my first dis meet that seems to make sense.
I mean really all the cool kids are following your tr right? besides I need to study up in case I make an attempt to do one for our trip in January. we have added 2 1/2 more to our trip. looks like scarlett (cute granddaughter) and those people she lives with might be joining us
Not sure on the trip report since the bar has been set so high by you and your hubby and of course nebo and ponzi
All the cool kids are following? Right now, it's Me, T-Man, jcc0621, and you...So yeah...I guess you can call us all cool!

Old 11-06-2013, 03:00 PM   #11
Thumper_Man
DDC 684

I'm back. Quick weekend hunting trip.

I'll see if I can get another chapter up soon. Right now, some work around the house that needs attention.

Lady H didn't do her honey do list while I was gone.

What's this in my pocket? Oh, that's my honey do list. Never mind.

As far as hanging out with the cool kids, eventually we'll post the link in our old TR and a few other places for people to find us. We're waiting to see if anyone else discovers it in our signature, so don't give it away yet. Once I get the pics uploaded, this TR will be in full swing. Hoping to have that done soon.

Quote:
I knocked the bar down. It''s no longer up. You can write a TR now.

If you write it, they will come.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #12
KRIS10420
Mickey Mouse obsessed
I couldn't think of a better way to spend such a special occasion
He played along and actually had a good time

Hello!! I found your trip report through Lady H's signature from a post in Ponzi's report, whom I discovered from Nebo's report. I'm not good with words but I am a dedicated trip report follower, so I'll be around lurking from the background, enjoying the ride. I am far more familiar with Disneyland than WDW so I am really looking forward to reading about it from a different perspective....Cheers
DH Me Kelso Bodie

2012 - november, Disneyland with a 1st timer friend
2009 - november, Disneyland solo
2006 - september, WDW-POP Resort with DH
2004 - november, Disneyland with DH & MIL
1997 - september, Disneyland - girlfriend roadtrip
1986 - april, Disneyland with family
KRIS10420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:21 AM   #13
Thumper_Man
DDC 684

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIS10420 View Post
Hello!! I found your trip report through Lady H's signature from a post in Ponzi's report, whom I discovered from Nebo's report. I'm not good with words but I am a dedicated trip report follower, so I'll be around lurking from the background, enjoying the ride. I am far more familiar with Disneyland than WDW so I am really looking forward to reading about it from a different perspective....Cheers
Welcome Kris and thanks for joining us.Glad you noticed our link.

Did you ever get a chance to read our first Disneyland report? The link to that is in our signatures as well.

We should get this started into full gear soon.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #14
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Do you think you could've made that link in your siggie any smaller???

What? Is this a state secret or something?

Or were you just hoping that I'd not track you down?
Hmmmmm?

Looking forward to the new TR!

But one correction...
I wasn't the one who gave Heather the Lady H moniker. That was already going on before I got there.

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:53 AM   #15
queenbetsey
Mouseketeer

ok Ponzi time for you to hop over to your trippie and post another chapter with more amazing pics..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: