Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2013, 11:41 PM   #10
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
I'd like to know who is truly excited about this thing? I don't mean "tolerate"...or "benefit of the doubt" - I fall Into those categories...
I mean "truly excited"
I am truly excited about it. From my perspective, the two worst aspects of FastPass have always been:

1) A theme park visit structured around dashes from one FP machine to the next
2) The "take it our leave it" approach to dishing out FP return times

FP+ addresses both of those items. Ride times are secured weeks, days or minutes before arriving at the park--or after entering the park--and they are ride times of my own choosing. Now I can tour the park in a logical manner rather than dashing from land-to-land collecting FP tickets.

I'm not a watch/wristband guy so you won't see me sporting it as a fashion accessory. But the convenience is obvious. And the possibilities for integrating RFID tech seem limitless.

Go check out the theme parks board and witness the excitement that receiving a box of MagicBands is generating for people with WDW hotel reservations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
EMH doesn't generate revenue to justify the costs (never really has)...and the machines are pointless if they want advance data on rides... Which they do and always have craved like junkies.
The ability to know what's gonna happen before the ball is snapped all but ensures victory... That's what Disney wants.
Guaranteed financial success.
In a vacuum, I can see where EMH may not represent a park's most profitable operating hours. However, it's one of the dwindling number of reasons to motivate guests to pay $400 per night for a room that's worth $150.

If Disney were to eliminate EMH, they would unquestionably lose SOME hotel business. And less hotel business means fewer people immersed in the "magic", dining exclusively at Disney venues, drinking Disney cocktails, shopping at Disney boutiques, renting Disney water mice, etc.

The pressure WDW has felt from Harry Potter / USF is debatable. But I think we can agree that pressure is greater whenever a guest is pushed off-site.

So the real question isn't whether or not EMH is profitable. It's what Disney stands to lose via hotel/dining/shopping/recreation revenue when guests decide to stay a couple miles up the road because there's less value in Disney's inflated hotel prices.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: