Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2013, 07:13 PM   #196
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Joining in!! Really enjoying your TR. We are thinking about a cruise either at the end of 2014 or 2015.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:45 PM   #197
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

castaway cay part 1

updated 10/29/13

CASTAWAY CAY: part 1

it was finally time for castaway cay! i was hoping for warmer weather. it was in the mid 70's & was windy. i was a bit disappointed as i had hoped it would be a bit warmer. the warmest temperature on board this cruise was when we were in puerto rico. but despite the "cool" temperature, i wasn't going to let that ruin our time.

bought this on board & packed it with beach supplies!

we got off the boat & began our walk to castway cay. but not before a photo op in front of the gorgeous boat.

as we continued our walk, we ran into some furry friends!

look how cute chip & dale are in their beach gear. so dang cute! chip & dale are always fun whether on boat or in the theme parks. absolutely love them.

we continued our walk until the first stop. here, we "check in" & then we are driven to our cabana in a golf cart. i thought that was pretty neat! emme loved the ride in the golf cart.

we had finally arrived at our cabana. we had cabana #10 & greeting us in our cabana was julia! i couldn't believe the concierge team was also at castaway cay with us. it was totally unbelievable service all the way around.

julia greeted us at our cabana and snapped a few pictures for us.

back of the cabana

....and check out this beautiful view:

i've read that cabana 10 was the first cabana built on castaway cay. it is on the family portion of the beach. it supposedly has the best view of the ship from the cabana. it was an extraordinary location & the view was unbeatable. it was breathtakingly beautiful!

and now some shots of the cabana!

welcome to cabana #10...our humble abode!

this is the living area. the cushions were very soft and plush. i loved the colors of the cushions. the layout was so inviting!

when you enter the cabana, this area is to your right. namchan had my corona awaiting me and placed them in an ice bucket after i arrived.

this is the fridge & packed with cold beverages. notice my corona AND lime wedges. it was fantastic they included the limes! the cold cloths were also a nice touch. it was a total luxury to have cold drinks whenever we wanted.

some healthy snacks to munch on (which i thought was an afterthought as there was an enormous amount of food available at the buffet).

oh hello ice cold corona light...nice to meet you!

i was totally loving the cabana. even though the cost was high, it was totally worth it. i loved that we had such privacy and SO MUCH SPACE. even though we were "secluded", the concierge team always checked in on us. you could even ring a bell and someone would come over and see what you needed. kind of crazy! we were totally pampered.

but back to the cabana....

these were the sun loungers. they were very comfortable. i spent some time here laying down with my ipad.

more seating outside. they also supplied sunscreen!

we also had our very own hammock! this was my favorite space to relax with a beer. emme was playing in the sand with my mom & i just laid here with my cold beer. this alone made the high price worth it. absolute relaxation!

and two pictures to end this update...

panoramic shots:

...more cabana pictures soon!
emmebear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2013, 10:52 PM   #198
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Wow, that does look amazing! I would have passed out on those chairs!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:18 AM   #199
AustralianJetsetter
Mouseketeer

Oh the cabana looks gorgeous!!! We are hoping to get one booked on our Dream cruise next May....also in a 1 bedroom suite, so fingers crossed!

Thanks for sharing these pics and look forward to seeing some more :-)
AustralianJetsetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:53 PM   #200
JCinMN
Mouseketeer

I am enjoying your review! Lot's of good information and great photos! Thanks for taking the time to write it. Right now concierge level isn't in our future, but it is fun to read about your great experience.
Island Princess June 2011 (Alaska)
Louis Cruises Aquamarine July 2008 (Greek Islands)

Tahitian Princess February 2005 (Tahiti honeymoon)
Golden Princess May 2003 (Mediterranean)
Golden Princess January 2002 (Eastern Caribbean)
Sea Princess March 2001 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Inspiration March 1997 (Southern Caribbean)
JCinMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:06 PM   #201
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Oh wow, the cabana looks amazing
What an incredible view and cold beer reading and waiting for you ..... Bliss!!
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:47 PM   #203
CharleySue
Earning My Ears

Wow! Great photos and lots of great info ... hope there's more to come
CharleySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:17 AM   #204
JoTheBookish
Earning My Ears

Subscribing!
This is a great report Thanks for sharing all your beautiful pictures & experiences.

Can't wait to take our Jan. 2014 on the Magic, but am already thinking that I need the 2015 sail dates to come out so I can try to snag a cat T on the Fantasy (need time to save up for this one)

Keep the posts coming

Cruises: Magic 1/2/14-1/5/14; Dream 4/14/11 - 4/17/11; Fantasy 8-4-12 - 8/11/12
WDW: Old Key West, April 2003; Fort Wilderness Lodge, May 2008;(off site), June 2009;
Coronado Springs, April 2011
JoTheBookish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:39 PM   #205
donaldjessie
Earning My Ears

Everything is amazing!!! I really like your pictures! Emme is so adorable! I like the autograph from princesses. I met the same Belle and Aladdin when I was on fantasy last month. After reading your post,I think I should take fantasy again!!!
Old 11-15-2013, 06:14 PM   #206
doombuqqy
DIS Veteran

Just read your entire TR, wow what a great vacation! Glad it turned out so wonderful! Can't wait to read the rest . Great pics and very informative to those of us living vicariously through your concierge experience. I hope you get the opportunity to do it again one day.

doombuqqy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:00 PM   #207
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Wow! Thank you for joining in and reliving this amazing experience with me.

And one more thanks for all the nice comments.

It was a once in a lifetime experience that I'm still paying for (ha ha) but it was definitely worth every single penny.

Updating sooooooon!
emmebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:29 PM   #208
DSRMary
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmebear View Post
Wow! Thank you for joining in and reliving this amazing experience with me.

And one more thanks for all the nice comments.

It was a once in a lifetime experience that I'm still paying for (ha ha) but it was definitely worth every single penny.

Updating sooooooon!
Wow! We are sailing concierge for the first time in April 2014. After reading your TR, I cannot wait!! We are hoping to get a cabana. This is our 4th cruise, but were never able to get one. Hoping that sailing concierge we won't have a problem. Your family is beautiful. Thanks for sharing all of the wonderful pictures!

If you can dream it, you can do it.
- Walt Disney
DSRMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #209
kdkdmac
Earning My Ears

I'm so glad I stumbled upon your trip report! You have done a fabulous job with journaling and with your pictures!

We are going on our very first cruise in May (2014) on the Dream. We have a trifecta of celebrations ... our 30th wedding anniversary, my DD's 21st birthday and my DS's 18th birthday! We will be in stateroom 12520. I'm hoping to book a cabana ... your cabana pictures are amazing! ... well....all of your pictures are amazing!

I'm completely impressed with you ... you are a single mom and are working so hard to become an ARNP, along with working full time ... and still finding time to work on your trip report! KUDOS!

Thanks so much for sharing!
kdkdmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:58 AM   #210
bellebud
DIS Veteran

what a wonderful trip report!!!! thank you so much for sharing with us. I was debating on concierge level for our first Disney cruise, and you've convinced me! I'm also getting a cabana if I can!

You and your mom and daughter are such a sweet family! And your daughter is absolutely adorable!!
bellebud is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12020, concierge, eastern, fantasy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: