Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2013, 01:20 PM   #1
edwardv2
Earning My Ears

MagicBands and DDP. Still have to physically check in at hotel?

Here's the situation. We're at WL Dec 11 and then on Dec 12 we move to CBR. This will be our first day in the parks. I don't normally do a split stay but due to the free dining not starting until Dec 12 we had to. DW wanted to stay at WL anyway and we had ADR for Artist Point for Dec 11 anyway so it all worked out.

My question is with the MagicBands now, will I have have to physically check in at CBR before going to the parks on Dec 12 in order to "activate" the DDP? I ask because we'd like to just head to the parks without going to CBR as we have lunch ADR at Yak and Yeti. I'd hate to get there and find out there was a problem and have to head back to CBR and then back to AK.

I know before MBs you had to physically check in in order to get the new KTTW card with the DDP on it but didn't know how the MBs will affect this.

BTW I have already done online check in for both hotels and we have MYW packages with DxDP if that makes a difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
edwardv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:25 PM   #2
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

I don't think Magic Bands have changed check-in procedures. The way I understand it, MBs don't contain your info, they are just a link. You would have to check-in at CBR to activate that link from your reservation info on the Disney computers to your MBs. Also, I believe at check-in you select security PIN numbers for your MBs. If someone in your party is an early bird, he/she could go over and check-in for your group as early as 6am, well before AK opens.
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2013, 08:23 PM   #3
edwardv2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOHsie View Post
I don't think Magic Bands have changed check-in procedures. The way I understand it, MBs don't contain your info, they are just a link. You would have to check-in at CBR to activate that link from your reservation info on the Disney computers to your MBs. Also, I believe at check-in you select security PIN numbers for your MBs. If someone in your party is an early bird, he/she could go over and check-in for your group as early as 6am, well before AK opens.
I understand they are just a link and don't contain any info. Also, I've already set PINS for us since I did early check in. Thanks for the response. I'll ask at WL when I check in there to see if anything can be done. Or perhaps I'll go over to CBR the night before and see if they can do anything so it doesn't eat into my park time. I just hate going resort to resort since you have to make a connection somewhere. I always seem to get there just as the bus I need to be on is leaving. I've got the worst Disney bus luck when it comes to that..
Old 10-28-2013, 01:15 PM   #4
edwardv2
Earning My Ears

Here's another thread with some more info for anyone keeping track.

Dining plan before checking in?
Old 10-30-2013, 05:22 AM   #5
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

I read the thread you linked. In all the time I have read these forums, I have not read about a guest checking in to Resort #2 from Resort #1. If this is something new, it could be great in situations like yours. Ask at WL and good luck to you. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:13 PM   #6
edwardv2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOHsie View Post
I read the thread you linked. In all the time I have read these forums, I have not read about a guest checking in to Resort #2 from Resort #1. If this is something new, it could be great in situations like yours. Ask at WL and good luck to you. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
No worries. I'm an old Dis veteran of about 15 trips, use to be a DVC owner but haven't been for over 10 years now that I live on the west coast. It's been so long and with all these new changes, no one can keep up with everything.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:15 PM   #7
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

The story of the person registering for Resort #2 from inside Resort #1 might be the way things could work, or it could be something that worked temporarily as an experiment, or it could be a CM at Resort #1 knew somebody at Resort #2. I wouldn't bet on anything until it becomes official written policy. Enjoy your visit to WDW. I've got almost a year to go.

Tags
ddp

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: