Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2013, 06:17 PM   #331
hmurray2008
Earning My Ears

Enjoying your TR! So sad to hear of the evacuation of the family....
Old 10-29-2013, 06:24 PM   #332
Teri1
DIS Veteran

Karin how nice to run into your first Wonder cruise table-mates, we sure enjoyed meeting ours again! So sad about the family with the medical emergency, there was a couple we met on our cruise this summer, that the wife fell the first morning and spent the rest of the cruise in a wheel chair. We also had a family that missed getting back on the ship at St. Thomas, they sounded the warning whistle, along with the Carnival ship, and waited 15 min. before sailing without them.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2013, 10:58 PM   #333
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Wow - the apple strudel presentation sounds horrible! I wonder why in the world the chef was so bad at it.

I sure hope the passenger with the medical emergency was okay. I have to admit that it was very interesting to see the pics of the lifeboat being boarded and lowered. I sure haven't had the opportunity to see that before.

How fun to run into old cruise buddies! I hope you get the opportunity to spend more time together.

Can't wait for dinner!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:59 PM   #334
michelle9343
DIS Veteran

SO sad for the family with a medical emergency but I agree it was amazing to see how it was handled.
How cool to meet so former cruising pals I am sure that really brightened up your cruise!!!
The face on the cm IS PRICELESS After the tasting. what liquor was so bitter????
Disney Dream Aug 24th 2012
michelle9343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:44 PM   #336
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Oh the Apple Struedel Chef sounds awfulGeat that you got to reunite with old cruising friends !!! I am off to Albany in the morning for work and then in 33 days I am Disney bound again !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:23 AM   #337
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

more updates coming soon!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Last edited by dizneeat; 10-31-2013 at 06:28 AM.
dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:30 AM   #338
alpinemouse
Earning My Ears

Happy Halloween!

TR 2012: If we can dream it, we can do it ...... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

alpinemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:03 PM   #339
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmurray2008 View Post
Enjoying your TR! So sad to hear of the evacuation of the family....
It was so sad to hear and even scarier to watch the family getting off the ship. I really hope they are all doing well again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri1 View Post
Karin how nice to run into your first Wonder cruise table-mates, we sure enjoyed meeting ours again! So sad about the family with the medical emergency, there was a couple we met on our cruise this summer, that the wife fell the first morning and spent the rest of the cruise in a wheel chair. We also had a family that missed getting back on the ship at St. Thomas, they sounded the warning whistle, along with the Carnival ship, and waited 15 min. before sailing without them.
Hm, I wonder who those first Wonder cruise table-mates were.

Oh my, that must be horrible to fall the first day and spend the rest of your vacation in a wheel chair, but then at least they were able to stay on board. And a family missing the ship? That is so scary. And the reason we are doing excursions through Disney and/or just easy walking distance from the ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Wow - the apple strudel presentation sounds horrible! I wonder why in the world the chef was so bad at it.

I sure hope the passenger with the medical emergency was okay. I have to admit that it was very interesting to see the pics of the lifeboat being boarded and lowered. I sure haven't had the opportunity to see that before.

How fun to run into old cruise buddies! I hope you get the opportunity to spend more time together.

Can't wait for dinner!
To be honest, I think the chef was just a stand-in. He definitely wasn't a pastry chef.
I felt bad watching from the veranda while the family had to get off, on the other hand, when do you ever get to see something like that. And it really showed that all the training the crew has to take paid off in the end.

What are the odds that we would run into someone from our first cruise again? And then the people we sat with that cruise. It was so fun to catch up on each other's lives again.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....

Old 10-31-2013, 03:12 PM   #340
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle9343 View Post
SO sad for the family with a medical emergency but I agree it was amazing to see how it was handled.
How cool to meet so former cruising pals I am sure that really brightened up your cruise!!!
The face on the cm IS PRICELESS After the tasting. what liquor was so bitter????
Running into Jean and her husband made up for some of the less than fun DISboards group. We had a lot of fun together.
Aren't Jessica's expressions after tasting some Italian "goodness" just so fun. I can't remember what exactly she tried that day, maybe Tom can help out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
I love chance meetings like that! It really is a small world when you think about it isn't it? Looks like you all had a ball!
It IS a small world! I mean we have run in all sorts of people again and again on our cruises.
Two years ago we were so looking forward to seeing our favourite server, Ana, again on the Dream. We could not wait for dinner to hug her again, and then we went to have lunch at Enchanted Garden, walk around the first corner and run right into her.
And this time to run into Jean and Paul, what are the chances that on a fully booked cruise we would all choose the same tasting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Oh the Apple Struedel Chef sounds awfulGeat that you got to reunite with old cruising friends !!! I am off to Albany in the morning for work and then in 33 days I am Disney bound again !!!
Rosie, I am sure, had he produced the apple strudel there and then, NO ONE would have wanted to try it.
The actual strudel we received as a sample was pretty good though.
33 days until Disney? Lucky girl. I cannot believe that the Granny trip is actually so close - it has been a long time since you started planning, and I cannot wait for that trip report - should be the ultimate fun.

Old 11-01-2013, 01:04 AM   #342
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Just a short little update on future trips planning.

We actually bought our flights for that trip some time ago. I had thought of using airmiles to pay for it, but the price was too good not to pay cash for them.

So, we are set for this trip, which will mean that we will leave Linz in the afternoon of Jan 3rd, arrive in Paris at around 7pm and pick up a rental car (which we will book on Tuesday - I found a really good price for it!) and drive to DLRP to check into the Hotel New York.

Then we will spend two full days in the park and on Monday the 6th we will check out of the hotel, spend all day in the parks and fly home at 7pm. We should arrive back home at 10.30pm. I only start in the afternoon on the following day, but poor Tom will have to go to work again at 6am.

Summer Med cruise on the Magic

I checked prices for flights a few days ago and again found an incredible price on Lufthansa (a little over 400 Euros) for return flights for both of us! Needless to say I booked them right away.
We are now flying in 3 days prior to our cruise and flying back home one night (2 days) after the cruise.
Still have to make my mind up for a hotel, but that should be done soon!

After the cruise and stay in Barcelona we will stay at home over the weekend and on Tuesday fly out again (and again the price was more than right, so we are saving our miles) - this time to

Paris! We renewed our APs last May and they gave us 18 months instead of 12, so why not take advantage of them and add a little trip to Paris too.

We have booked a villa at the Adagio Access,

the place where we always stay for 9 nights

and are flying home on Thursday the following week.

I guess we will squeeze in a trip or two to Italy as well, but no definite plans here.

Then, yesterday the booking window for our upcoming cruise opened - 120 days out.
I was at my computer at 6am (midnight EST) and booked us a Palo dinner, a Palo brunch and

yes, you guessed it

a Cabana again. This time we will be in Cabana 20!

So, there you have it ...... all the planning updates.
Looks like you have some wonderful memories that will be made in the not so distant future!!!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:21 AM   #343
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Thanks Tom! I love it!
I am glad you do, Jen!
He comes up with so many fun ideas to make my trip reports more interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Looks like you have some wonderful memories that will be made in the not so distant future!!!
Yes, we were so lucky that the stars aligned and everything kind of fell into place. It all seems so much more real, now that we have everything booked. The flights to Paris (both times) and to Barcelona were really cheap (considering European pricing and that we only want to fly out of our home airport) and I found some really lovely hotels in Barcelona, that fit right into our budget.

Old 11-01-2013, 03:33 AM   #344
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 5, August 11

Are you from Austria? - Part 5

She stayed for a few minutes and soon after she had left us again our starters were served. Tom had ordered the

Pomegranate Glazed Duck Breast with Gewurztraminer gelee and pomegranate glaze, while I had my favourite Royal Court appetizer, the

Double Baked Spinach Souffle, coated with a three cheese cream. Both were incredibly yummy and we both left a pretty clean plate.
Next course was served right after the plates were taken away, we both had ordered the

Comtesse Du Barry's Soup, a rich velvety cauliflower cream, topped with salmon caviar croutons. As delicious as it had been on the Dream and we gobbled it all up. Next up were the main courses. I had opted for the

Roasted Wild Boar Tenderloin, sweet carrot and onion potato cake with a red currant reduction, while Tom had the

Aged Angus Grilled Beef Tenderloin topped with Garlic Shrimp, Sautéed Snow Peas and Marquis Potatoes with a Cognac Reduction. Both were as good as the description had sounded and we were getting really full again, but this time we did not want to skip dessert,

we had been looking forward to it too much for a long time. So we both ordered the

Grand Marnier Souffle, infused with fresh orange zest and served with creme Anglaise. The perfect way to end a food and fun filled evening. Once we had finished our meal we said goodbye to our servers and slowly made our way back to our stateroom where we found more gifts in our Fish Extender

and a huge towel lobster on the bed.

Raj had outdone himself again and since we had just seen him in the hallway, I picked up some candy for him and headed out into the hallway to say thank you for his creation.
We found him right away and after thanking him we asked if he liked sweets. His answer? He loved them, so we handed over his little treat and he was as happy as we were.
Back in our stateroom we dressed in something more comfortable, then picked up a drink out of the fridge and sat out on the veranda. It was so relaxing to see the ship glide through the water. The family with the medical emergency came back to our mind and we hoped they were safe. We never found out in the end.
After about half an hour we were so tired we just wanted to do one more thing. Go to bed and have a good night’s sleep.

To be continued ............

Old 11-01-2013, 04:01 AM   #345
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 6, August 12

What does one do during a day at sea? – EAT of course! - Part 1

Another beautiful day had dawned. We were up around 7am and after getting ready we had decided to try a “light” breakfast at the Enchanted Garden.
We took the elevator down and got into the short line, then were seated in one of the round booths close to the buffet. Our server was there to greet us almost immediately and took our orders for coffee for Tom and orange juice for myself.

Then we headed over to the buffet. Since it was still early at around 8am we were sure we could indulge a bit before our ADR for lunch. Needless to say that with all the goodies that were there we loaded up far more than we had intended to.

I had filled my plate with fresh tomato slices, a grilled tomato, some breakfast potatoes, scrambled eggs, bacon and kind of a breakfast wrap. Tom had gotten the same things plus

some sausage, hash and toast. We sat and gobbled up our yummy food and talked about the lazy day we had ahead of us.
Once we had cleared our plates and tipped the server we headed back to our stateroom. And after having cleaned up the stateroom a bit, so Raj could work his magic in it we spent a little time on the veranda watching the waves.

But we did not sit out too long as we were itching to get going again and walk around the ship for a bit. So we took the aft stairs up to Cabanas,

then walked outside the restaurant and ended up in the Cove Café. As I had mentioned before, we had a reservation for lunch, but a coffee treat sounded too good to pass up.
So we both ordered a

Frozen Cappuccino, 1/3 Espresso, blended with Vanilla Ice Cream. Very filling! But, oh so good and we just loved sitting in the cool coffee shop, watching people in the adult pool and enjoying our frozen treat.
Then, we walked around the pool deck,

stopping ever so often and enjoying all the fun.

To be continued ............

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: