Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2013, 11:13 PM   #76
DannyDisneyFreak
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Day 2, part 3: Sail Away and Cover Your Eyes Kids!

After getting acclimated we soon had to go for the mandatory safety drill which is where everyone on the ship has to participate. It must have taken until about 4:00 because next Hannah and I went up to deck 11 for the sail away party. Noah was super cranky and Cathleen was tired so they opted to skip the party and test out the beds in our stateroom. The sail away party was a lot of fun; it was a much bigger deal than I thought it would be. It was a whole show with Mickey and the gang and music and everyone got streamers to wave as the ship set sail and the cruise officially started. If you click on the second smaller pic below it will take you to a video clip of the party.

Okay so now for the risqué part! Now apparently the entire ruckus from the party made it a bit difficult for Cathleen and Noah to sleep too long. They did nap for a short bit but they heard a lot of excitement and went out on the veranda to see many people waving to the ship. I guess there were some very “enthusiastic” young ladies on shore who were excited to wish the ship a Bon Voyage and they were lifting their shirts. Unfortunately Cathleen didn’t get any pics and fortunately Noah didn’t notice but Cathleen was talking to the family on the veranda next to ours and the little girl was asking why the girls were showing their tummies. So just a word of wisdom; take your children to the sail away party. If you don’t have children and you are on the starboard side of the ship bring bead necklaces, sit on your veranda and wave farewell to those ashore!

In all seriousness t was great to finally set sail, here is a nice shot from our veranda:

We had first seating for dinner which was at 5:45pm so we relaxed for a short bit and got ready for dinner at Enchanted Garden. In your staterooms you will get a card like the ones below showing your dining schedule with your seating time, restaurant each night and table number. The second ticket showing breakfast was for disembarkation morning only.

We were a little disappointed with the dining room at Enchanted Garden, not that it wasn't a lovely restaurant, but where we were seated we really didn't feel we got to enjoy the ambiance. We got seated in one of the large circular booths when you first enter the restaurant. We were in the very first booth on the right as you enter in fact. We met our servers and had a lovely meal. It really is a beautiful meal I just wish we were seated near the back more. I don’t remember what we ate that night. The food was good every meal but I wouldn't say anything was that out of this world amazing. The great thing about the dining rooms is that they will get you anything you ask for. Here we are talking a selfie at diner.

The Golden Mickey's was the show that night, it was our least favorite of the performances on the cruise. To me it was nothing really special, now I will make the disclaimer that we did have very crappy seats. We were all the way in the front off to the far right and from that spot we couldn't see that well. There are 2 screens up on each side of the stage and they showed different clip on each screen and whatever showed on the right side one we could not see at all. Work to the wise, get there early for a good seat or take a back seat over a crappy front one.

After the show it was time for the kids to experience the kids club! AKA it was time for the adults to get some kid-free time! We had stopped by there earlier to check the place out but now were checking them in.
It was nice to get some time together Cathleen and I, we headed over to the adult district, grabbed a couple of adult beverages and went to the Evolution club. There was a really cool illusionist/magician show. It was nice for some adult entertainment. Cathleen and I explored the ship a little afterward and then picked up the kids who had a fun time. They were super excited that the bunks were pulled down back in the stateroom and we ordered room service: milk and cookies on the veranda before bed. We also ordered a carafe of coffee for the morning, it stays warm all night.

Finally got through the day!
Old 10-30-2013, 02:51 PM   #77
WDWLinda
Mouseketeer

Thanks!

So that first night, did you need the Bonine? I read the first night you may feel the motion of the boat, and I'm a little worried about my stomach.

Thanks for all the details, and for fitting this in for me!! 11 more days - YIKES!

~Linda
WDWLinda is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2013, 08:45 PM   #78
twindaddy
DIS Veteran

Keep the great TR coming, nice to see a dad on here that is as Disney Crazy as I am!

I will keep an eye out for the flashers on my next cruise, I need to verify that this actually occurs, for documenting purposes of course
twindaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:50 AM   #79
DannyDisneyFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWLinda View Post
So that first night, did you need the Bonine? I read the first night you may feel the motion of the boat, and I'm a little worried about my stomach.

Thanks for all the details, and for fitting this in for me!! 11 more days - YIKES!

~Linda
We started taking the Bonine the day before at home before we got on the plane and took it 2 times a day. The first night and last night you feel more motion on the boat because of whatever current the ship is passing through but with the Bonine it didn't make me sick. It was strange to me because I felt motion at times that would typically make me feel queezy but I felt fine. On the last night Cathleen forgot to take hers and it bothered her a little. The Bonine really helps, they say take it a couple days before the cruise and I'm glad I did before even the flight, it was the best plane ride I've ever had. They have it for free on the ship also if you go to the clinic they had a big bowl full of single packets.
Old 11-02-2013, 03:12 PM   #80
DannyDisneyFreak

Day 3: Wake up at Sea, Get Lost in Nassau, End the Night with Indecent Exposure at Se

Monday January 7th 2013 – Our first full day of the cruise! As the title suggests lewdness may be a running theme of our trip… not really but a late night at Señor Frog's and some sort of debauchery should be expected, but we’ll get to that later.
So I woke up at just about dawn, I couldn’t sleep any longer! I quietly snuck past the room dividing curtain and sleeping children to the veranda. I stepped out on the veranda to find us surrounded by the sea. I decided while everyone else was still asleep I would go up and get some coffee and explore the ship. I headed up to deck 11 where Cabanas and the pools are. Cabanas was serving breakfast. I got a coffee, juice and a banana to hold me over till breakfast had had the most magnificent morning view:

After enjoying my morning coffee and view I headed over to the front of the ship to see where we were headed and if any land was in sight. It was very windy up there and I’m sure we were going at pretty good speed towards Nassau. After about 10 minutes or so I could start to see a little bit of land. I also got some pics while the deck was still empty.

After some quiet time I went back to the room and got the kids to go swim and have breakfast while Cathleen slept in. I recommend getting up early to enjoy the pool area with or without kids, it really is relaxing and nice before it gets crowded. Nemo's Reefs is so fun for the little ones. The AquaDuck wasn't open yet but Hannah went down the yellow slide about a million times. We then had breakfast in Cabana's, you can notice outside the window in Cabanas that by this time we were in port and you can see other ships next to us. We then brought a plate back to the room for Cathleen. I didn't found out until after the cruise that they have room service for breakfast they just didn't have it on the room service menu. I will put up a pic of the normal room service menu that they serve until midnight!

Cathleen was up and just about ready when we got back to the room. We soon got on our way to head off the ship to explore Nassau. I had gotten a few ideas about what to do in Nassau from some DIS friends but we decided that we didn't want to spend too much time there. We were just going to check out the market and head back to the boat for lunch. Well the first thing to wrong with that plan was we took a wrong turn and got lost pretty fast! It wouldn't have been so bad but we had a 4 and 8 year old with us and where we ended up the sidewalk ended and there was heavy traffic! It was also a somewhat of a shady area, Cathleen has never been out of the country other than Canada so it was a bit of culture shock for her. She couldn't believe how dirty it was there. We quickly got ourselves turned around and in more friendly territory. We ended up going into a store and getting a couple of key chains. We also met a guy playing steel drums who let the kids have a try, which afterwards was not so subtle in asking for a tip. The smallest bill I had was a $10 so I said I would leave him $5 if he had change so I ended up with $5 in Bahamian cash. By this point we were all extremely hot and hungry so we headed back to the boat.

I'll post a bit more later...
Old 11-03-2013, 05:52 PM   #81
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Okay Dan I am all caught up !!! I watched the sail away from my Balcony but did not see any Riskay wavers !!!

As for the Gent who was glad to see a Male Disney Nut . Did you know Dan is such a Disney Nut he even goes on this thing called the Dis !!! Dan and I are friends co workers and Disney Nuts !!! I chuckle when he says he lets Cathleen sleep in !!! Smart Man , Cathleen is NOT a morning person

We ate breakfast at Royal Palace 3 mornings and just loved the service the food and the peace and quiet!! I liked Nassau , but NOT the Straw Market . Senor Frogs is a great spot for lunch if you don't want to go back to the boat.
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:12 PM   #82
Leslieann1024
Mouseketeer

Loving your trippie so far, can't wait for more ! My next cruise isn't for a few months, so I live vicariously through others !
Leslieann1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:34 PM   #83
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslieann1024 View Post

Loving your trippie so far, can't wait for more ! My next cruise isn't for a few months, so I live vicariously through others !
Yes I too would love to see more updates
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:54 AM   #84
dryvithome
Mouseketeer

Just found the TR and got caught up. Trying to get hyped up for our upcoming cruise in December, albeit on the Wonder. DCL rocks! (except for the recent price increase, but that's another story!)
dryvithome is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: