Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2013, 06:44 PM   #781
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
OK, am I being terribly English here .... Bend and snap?? - what the devil does that mean?
It's from the movie "Legally Blonde". Basically, the smart and pretty college co-ed coached the shy manicurist at the beauty salon on how to get the attention of the UPS delivery guy who the manicurist had a crush on. My description doesn't do the movie clip justice, I'm afraid.

Here is a clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqUQQPz9vFo

Last edited by Kathy Z; 10-29-2013 at 07:17 PM. Reason: added more information
Kathy Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:29 PM   #782
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

Another great DISmeet! I loved the GFC when we ate there 2 years ago, definitely can't wait to go back. Sounds like the perfect evening.

I love the cruise pictures bend and snap, oh my goodness!
June 1998 Offsite // June 2008 Pop Century // March 2009 Pop Century // August 2009 Wilderness Lodge // May 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge CL // May 2013 Art of Animation Nemo Suite // May 2014 Windsor Hills // October 2014 All Star Sports // December 2014 Grand Floridian, Beach Club & Windsor Hills
dtr_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2013, 10:26 PM   #783
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

How do I get so far behind!?! I enjoyed the AK pics, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Cruise ship poses...You and Em are so photogenic I just LOVE your pics together.
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:10 PM   #784
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
What a fun DISdining experience. Even if the food and service weren't right, clearly the company was!

Your cruise pose pictures crack me up!
Yes, clearly! I felt really blessed to dine with these great people!

Sad to say we have a bigger collection of the cheesy poses rather than the silly ones which are way more fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
My daughter will be glad to hear this. She is the one who really wanted to go to the AKL and with a little hesitation, since I allowed the choice to be hers, we booked the AKL-CL. Now after a couple of months having booked it I am really looking forward to it and your TR has fueled the enthusiasm!

As for where we are staying in just30 days? We are staying at the WL CL. This is my favorite resort so far, but then again I have only stayed at the YC CL and WL CL. I originally was going to stay at the CSR and after a couple of months I changed our plans and booked the WL. Since WDW is going to be all decked out in Christmas décor, I just had to stay a the WL.
I'm such a goof! Your signature has your countdown/ticker right there with your resort. Doh! (Thank you for being too kind to point that out! ) But the exciting part is that you will be there in 30 days!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
OK, am I being terribly English here .... Bend and snap?? - what the devil does that mean?
I see KathyZ has weighed in and has a link to the movie scene. Here's a visual preview!

You were picturing all manner of sinister things right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Z View Post
It's from the movie "Legally Blonde". Basically, the smart and pretty college co-ed coached the shy manicurist at the beauty salon on how to get the attention of the UPS delivery guy who the manicurist had a crush on. My description doesn't do the movie clip justice, I'm afraid.

Here is a clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqUQQPz9vFo
Thank you Kathy!! You did a great job giving the synopsis! That is such a fun scene!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtr_angel View Post
Another great DISmeet! I loved the GFC when we ate there 2 years ago, definitely can't wait to go back. Sounds like the perfect evening.

I love the cruise pictures bend and snap, oh my goodness!
Hi Melissa! I was glad to spend time with these lovely people! And the GF is such a beautiful place to hang out.

At least is wasn't bend and crack my back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post

How do I get so far behind!?! I enjoyed the AK pics, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Cruise ship poses...You and Em are so photogenic I just LOVE your pics together.
Hi Judy!! No worries, I'm just excited every time I see you drop by!! I'm so very grateful that you take the time to read since I know your life is so very busy. Honestly, thank you!!

You are very sweet. Thanks for the compliment.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:21 AM   #785
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Monday August 19, 2013: Day 4, Part 4

This will be a photo heavy update...Sometimes less said is better.

Following our Dismeet dinner, Mr. DDW, Em and I decided to head to DHS for a couple hours for EMH. Taking the walkway from YC allowed us to enjoy a late night stroll or more specifically, allowed me to take a few photos along the way. Poor Mr. DDW was so polite and paused whenever I stopped to take a photo. Em kept walking and called back, “just keep walking, she always does this. She’ll catch up.” Exactly! Just keep swimming…

I'm already falling behind

The Monster U topiary, still there, but this time with spotlights.

Once inside the park we posed for a few photos…

And here's an example of a Photopass photo that was worse than my amateur skills. Come on Disney, I pay you for these!

Let's try this again and see how it turned out...

You're not required to pay attention to these things right?

More photos walking down Sunset Blvd. And when they say "everything for the film fan" does that include a free box of ??

Any guesses where we're headed?

Wow, that one was hard! Yes, my favorite ride, ToT, had a short wait. While we were in the hotel library for the pre-show Em spied with her own little eyes a gadget from one of the original Twilight Zone episodes. In particular, the one with William Shatner and the “mystic seer” fortune telling machine. Assuming a replica of the “mystic seer” machine is on a ledge in the room. I took a photo but it’s not very clear since I was in a hurry to exit the room. Interesting nonetheless.

Here’s our ride photo:

Here's the cropped monitor version:

RnRC had a long stand-by wait so we hopped in the single rider line that took about 20 minutes.

Yeah, the 101 Freeway in downtown LA is always jammed so this ride is completely unrealistic. Shatters all of my illusions.

Here’s our ride photos:

I think they were ready to send me packing on the next bus about this time... so many pauses for photos. We could be riding the rides!!

Continued Next Post

Last edited by emmysmommy; 10-31-2013 at 02:42 AM.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:00 AM   #786
Ron from Michigan
Our first Grandchild !!!

Wow, thanks for the great photos. The walkway from Boardwalk to HS is so nice at night. Is there any ride better themed than ToT. I don't think so.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:46 AM   #787
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Oooh - what a fun night! I loved all of the photos!

There is just something so special about the parks at night, it is my favorite time to be there!

A little unrelated - One thing I didn't realize before someone mentioned it recently (I think it was Nini)... During our March 2012 trip, we did two evenings in AK - when it was dark. It never occured to me at the time, but how RARE is it to be in AK in the dark? It's quite rare that their hours are late enough and it gets dark early enough. There was no way to see it in the dark on our Aug trip... The other parks - it's fairly easy to do... But I thought it was an interesting tid-bit.

I just love being in the parks at night - the atmosphere is so awesome and all of the lights make it feel like Christmas.

How awesome that you were able to ride ToT at night (did it once, no thank you for twice)...

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:33 AM   #788
MrsDrewsky
DIS Veteran

The beach club looks so pretty at night. Can't blame you for pausing to take pics.

I think I may have to put riding on the Tot at night on my disney bucket list. It looks so cool at night.

The Mystic Seer machine could possibly be the original from the show. Mr. Drewsky informed me the imagineers were able to put quite a few original props from the show in the library.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:59 AM   #789
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

Even though the PP pictures are a little shoddy ...you're pictures are great! That first photo is particularly beautiful, I think!

March 1996 (Swan), March 2008 (CBR), January 2013 (AoA), February 2014 (ASSp/BWV), October 2014 (Pop)

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" -Walt Disney
emilyindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:25 AM   #790
spiritsim
DIS Veteran

love night photos

Love the night photos it reminds me of Las Vegas at night where I grew up! nastalga gets you every time

WDW Commando Member #241
First time in the world! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134097
spiritsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:40 AM   #791
foodrocksluver
It's been you all along

I love all your studios pictures! It;s my favorite night time park, it's just so stunning!

Kudos to Em for looking at the items in the library (I've spotted that item many times, he's actually in both libraries). My fiance and dad always laugh at me because I don't watch the pre-show anymore. I'm too busy looking at all the neat stuff in there. We once spotted some books written in the alien language used in To Serve Man. And I spotted the most beautiful antique vase up above that had ornate beading on it.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:46 AM   #792
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great update!
Old 10-30-2013, 09:59 AM   #793
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

loved all the night photos! Where was that Monsters U topiary at along your walk? I've had some PP from HS turn out that way at night, maybe it's the lighting? I think I've also had a few duds during the day as well. Maybe it's the photographers! Your pictures are always great.
June 1998 Offsite // June 2008 Pop Century // March 2009 Pop Century // August 2009 Wilderness Lodge // May 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge CL // May 2013 Art of Animation Nemo Suite // May 2014 Windsor Hills // October 2014 All Star Sports // December 2014 Grand Floridian, Beach Club & Windsor Hills
dtr_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:31 AM   #794
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Brenda, what a fun evening at the Studios with Mr. DDW. Don't worry...Mark is ALWAYS behind me.

I love the photos on the TOT and Rock & Roll. We must do some rides together the next time we are there at the same time.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:36 AM   #795
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

I love your pink skirt Brenda! How fun to sneak into DHS for awhile. Tower of Terror would have to be my first ride as well. Good choice!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: