Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2013, 12:59 AM   #1
Rumors Rocks
Mouseketeer

Exclamation Trailer - Planes 2 coming to theaters everywhere July 2014

Dane Cook Back as Dusty in Disney's 'Planes: Fire & Rescue' Teaser http://www.firstshowing.net/2013/dan...rescue-teaser/

Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT8D605T8eA

Quote:
Well, if the dull adventure from Disney's Planes wasn't enough for the kids this year, the House of Mouse is bringing Dusty Crophopper (voiced by Dane Cook) back pretty damn quick. Just as we presumed earlier this summer with a slate of Disney's forthcoming films, Planes: Fire & Rescue is the sequel to the animated spin-off that takes place in the world of Pixar's Cars (though the animation studio is not involved with the production). Despite the fantastic animation, this looks like it should be a straight-to-DVD release like Planes should have been, but Disney knows they get kids in seats with these long toy commercials now.

Disney has not announced the director or writer of Planes: Fire & Rescue, the feature film sequel to Disney's Planes. Comedian Dane Cook returns to voice cropdusting plane Dusty Crophopper, who leaves the glory of the racing world behind (at least temporarily) to lend a wing to some courageous airborne fire-fighters. Julie Bowen ("Modern Family") joins the voice cast, though it's not clear if any of the cast from the first film will be returning. Disney sends the film to theaters everywhere in 3D next summer on July 18th, 2014. Well?

Last edited by Rumors Rocks; 11-02-2013 at 09:12 AM. Reason: added missing link
Rumors Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:47 AM   #2
mvk
Mouseketeer

"We are not trying to entertain the critics. I'll take my chances with the public."

- Walt Disney

Was the first movie Oscar worthy? No, but it entertained, kids loved it, and the movie did pretty well for a non-blockbuster type movie. Not all movies have to be award winners, and this was clearly 3rd on the list of animated movies for Disney this year, behind Monsters University and Frozen.

I don't understand why people get so up in arms about whether it should've been direct to DVD or not... if you don't want to see it, don't go see it. If you want to watch it on DVD, wait until it comes out on DVD. Obviously enough people wanted to see it in theaters to justify releasing it on the big screen. It was a $50M movie that has made over $200M in box office. Seems like it was a pretty good decision to me, and a good thing that Disney 'took their chances with the public.'
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2013, 09:48 AM   #3
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Sweet!
Old 10-30-2013, 09:58 AM   #4
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Still haven't seen the first one. Always had plans to, but never got to the theatre. We'll see it when it comes to video and then decide on if Planes 2 is a go see or wait again.

Heard it had great reviews from families with young ones. It made money so I can see why they are making another one.

mm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:05 AM   #5
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvk View Post
"We are not trying to entertain the critics. I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney Was the first movie Oscar worthy? No, but it entertained, kids loved it, and the movie did pretty well for a non-blockbuster type movie. Not all movies have to be award winners, and this was clearly 3rd on the list of animated movies for Disney this year, behind Monsters University and Frozen. I don't understand why people get so up in arms about whether it should've been direct to DVD or not... if you don't want to see it, don't go see it. If you want to watch it on DVD, wait until it comes out on DVD. Obviously enough people wanted to see it in theaters to justify releasing it on the big screen. It was a $50M movie that has made over $200M in box office. Seems like it was a pretty good decision to me, and a good thing that Disney 'took their chances with the public.'
I agree people go crazy about how Disney should've just never done anything with this movie and it's a stupid franchise to continue off of cars. No one is forcing you to see it , it's main goal is to go after the kids. When I was young I loved car and trucks shows those were the best things on TV this is doing the same thing. Disney has also already said there will be more to come out of this franchise so soon I would expect to hear something about boats, trains etc.

rteetz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:11 AM   #6
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Can't wait for the next one!. Not one person or family we know had anything but good things to say about the 1st one!

Walt and Disney has been proving the critics wrong for years and this great little movie has been just the latest proof!

Even with all the bad press before it even opened, this movie is still out in theaters, #25 and grossed $90,000,000.

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:28 AM   #7
mvk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka's Skipper View Post
Can't wait for the next one!. Not one person or family we know had anything but good things to say about the 1st one!

Walt and Disney has been proving the critics wrong for years and this great little movie has been just the latest proof!

Even with all the bad press before it even opened, this movie is still out in theaters, #25 and grossed $90,000,000.

AKK
It has grossed over $200M worldwide.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:33 PM   #8
JoWiJo
Longing to go back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
Still haven't seen the first one. Always had plans to, but never got to the theatre. We'll see it when it comes to video and then decide on if Planes 2 is a go see or wait again.

Heard it had great reviews from families with young ones. It made money so I can see why they are making another one.
If there is a "dollar" movie theater near you, check their schedule. It came to the cheap theater near me this week.

I saw it yesterday, myself. I came in as last minute of credits from the previous show was rolling. The announcement of the sequel was at the end of the credits, so it was clearly already in production when the first movie was released.
Fourth visit 2009 -- Celebrated birthday by visiting Animal Kingdom.
Next visit -- Who knows?

Last edited by JoWiJo; 10-30-2013 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Typo correction
JoWiJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:53 PM   #9
mvk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoWiJo View Post
If there is a "dollar" movie theater near you, check their schedule. It came to the cheap theater near me this week.

I saw it yesterday, myself. I came in as last minute of credits from the previous show was rolling. The announcement of the sequel was at the end of the credits, so it was clearly already in production when the first movie was released.
That must've been something they added, because it wasn't in the original release when we took the kids to see it mid August.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:02 AM   #10
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvk View Post
It has grossed over $200M worldwide.
You are correct, I should have been more clear. I quoted the US market.

AKK

Last edited by Tonka's Skipper; 10-31-2013 at 08:23 AM.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:20 AM   #11
Hoodie
Going to BC and GF with one week's planning
The snappers go for you and the painteds pee on you. Either way, they never seemed very grateful!

Still haven't seen it. Tried to take the kids and they lasted about 40 minutes. Bored them out of their skulls. They LOVE Cars. Planes, eh, not so much.
Hoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:38 PM   #12
DisGirl819
Then I thought about it and realized I'm crazy!!

Oh if this is true how exciting! My son is over the moon for Dusty Crophopper! He loves Planes. I thought it was cute and great for younger kids.

DLR: 2010, 2009, 2008...back to first trip 1990
WDW: 1985, 1996, 2006, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
CSR, CBR, AKV-K, BCV, BC-CL, POFQ, WL, CR

DisGirl819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:46 PM   #13
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

The kids enjoyed Planes and will be looking forward to the next one.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report DOA
Twin Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:59 AM   #14
Fantaluminishes
To all who come to this happy place, welcome!

"I've never believed in doing sequels. I didn't want to waste the time I have doing a sequel; I'd rather be using that time doing something new and different. - WALT DISNEY

Enough said
Old 11-02-2013, 06:29 AM   #15
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantaluminishes View Post
"I've never believed in doing sequels. I didn't want to waste the time I have doing a sequel; I'd rather be using that time doing something new and different. - WALT DISNEY

Enough said

You are very correct, that was his opinion on most things!

There were exceptions, Like Davy Crocket, which started as a 2 part, Wonderful World of Color feature and ended up with 5 parts and later put together to make a movie, released to theaters.

If its good and its making money..............go with the flow!

AKK

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: