Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2013, 10:13 PM   #28
DannyDisneyFreak
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Day 2, part 3: Sail Away and Cover Your Eyes Kids!

After getting acclimated we soon had to go for the mandatory safety drill which is where everyone on the ship has to participate. It must have taken until about 4:00 because next Hannah and I went up to deck 11 for the sail away party. Noah was super cranky and Cathleen was tired so they opted to skip the party and test out the beds in our stateroom. The sail away party was a lot of fun; it was a much bigger deal than I thought it would be. It was a whole show with Mickey and the gang and music and everyone got streamers to wave as the ship set sail and the cruise officially started. If you click on the second smaller pic below it will take you to a video clip of the party.

Okay so now for the risqué part! Now apparently the entire ruckus from the party made it a bit difficult for Cathleen and Noah to sleep too long. They did nap for a short bit but they heard a lot of excitement and went out on the veranda to see many people waving to the ship. I guess there were some very “enthusiastic” young ladies on shore who were excited to wish the ship a Bon Voyage and they were lifting their shirts. Unfortunately Cathleen didn’t get any pics and fortunately Noah didn’t notice but Cathleen was talking to the family on the veranda next to ours and the little girl was asking why the girls were showing their tummies. So just a word of wisdom; take your children to the sail away party. If you don’t have children and you are on the starboard side of the ship bring bead necklaces, sit on your veranda and wave farewell to those ashore!

In all seriousness t was great to finally set sail, here is a nice shot from our veranda:

We had first seating for dinner which was at 5:45pm so we relaxed for a short bit and got ready for dinner at Enchanted Garden. In your staterooms you will get a card like the ones below showing your dining schedule with your seating time, restaurant each night and table number. The second ticket showing breakfast was for disembarkation morning only.

We were a little disappointed with the dining room at Enchanted Garden, not that it wasn't a lovely restaurant, but where we were seated we really didn't feel we got to enjoy the ambiance. We got seated in one of the large circular booths when you first enter the restaurant. We were in the very first booth on the right as you enter in fact. We met our servers and had a lovely meal. It really is a beautiful meal I just wish we were seated near the back more. I don’t remember what we ate that night. The food was good every meal but I wouldn't say anything was that out of this world amazing. The great thing about the dining rooms is that they will get you anything you ask for. Here we are talking a selfie at diner.

The Golden Mickey's was the show that night, it was our least favorite of the performances on the cruise. To me it was nothing really special, now I will make the disclaimer that we did have very crappy seats. We were all the way in the front off to the far right and from that spot we couldn't see that well. There are 2 screens up on each side of the stage and they showed different clip on each screen and whatever showed on the right side one we could not see at all. Work to the wise, get there early for a good seat or take a back seat over a crappy front one.

After the show it was time for the kids to experience the kids club! AKA it was time for the adults to get some kid-free time! We had stopped by there earlier to check the place out but now were checking them in.
It was nice to get some time together Cathleen and I, we headed over to the adult district, grabbed a couple of adult beverages and went to the Evolution club. There was a really cool illusionist/magician show. It was nice for some adult entertainment. Cathleen and I explored the ship a little afterward and then picked up the kids who had a fun time. They were super excited that the bunks were pulled down back in the stateroom and we ordered room service: milk and cookies on the veranda before bed. We also ordered a carafe of coffee for the morning, it stays warm all night.

Finally got through the day!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: