Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2013, 08:59 AM   #31
zamboniman333
Ye come Seeking Adventure and Saly Old Pirates, A Ye?

I havn't heard any reports yet of any changes happening yesterday. Will have to keep watching for a report.

zamboniman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:16 AM   #32
zamboniman333

Just got word that it sounds like it was just a rumor for now at least. people that checked in yesterday and today still got KTTWC's along with having the MB's and were still able to use the old FP machines.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2013, 09:24 AM   #33
AmyKat
Mouseketeer

Thanks for updating us! I've been watching (stalking) for more information. It seems odd to me that this was a rumor given how specific the information was. Normally, you hear "at the end of October", not "on October 27".
Old 10-28-2013, 11:39 AM   #34
Spacedog1975
Mouseketeer

I hope the status holds for 2 more days. I really want to be able to do traditional fast passes during the day this week.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:58 AM   #35
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Some are saying that the CM's are actually testing using FP+ without access to legacy fastpasses first and then parkgoers will lose access to legacy gradually. Who knows if this is actually true though.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:16 PM   #36
Spacedog1975
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
Some are saying that the CM's are actually testing using FP+ without access to legacy fastpasses first and then parkgoers will lose access to legacy gradually. Who knows if this is actually true though.
This is a wise idea.
If FP+ negates the value of park hopping or restricts resort guests to 3 FP at one park per day, I don't see it as a value add.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:55 PM   #37
gokdog
Mouseketeer

It will not kill us one way or the other, but with Hoppers, the loss of the KTTW card would offer less flexibility.

We arrive in two weeks, but we are planning on using our Fastpass + differently on some days. For example on the days we are at rope drop, we are using the Fastpass + in the Hopped to park, as opposed to the first.
Walt Disney World
WDW POFQ Dec 2011, Beach Club 2013
gokdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:50 PM   #38
alana22
Earning My Ears

I was told by a CM at my itinerary planning number that I would not have access to paper FP. Only the 3 FP+ with the MBs. I'll be very disappointed if this is true because we plan to park hop a few days. I'm hoping the CM was just trying to keep people from doing it but once we actually get there I hope we can with the KTTW cards. If we get them too. We are going 12/7 thru 12/13. Interested to see if anyone else gets this same info when calling.
alana22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:48 PM   #39
zamboniman333

Quote:
Originally Posted by alana22 View Post
I was told by a CM at my itinerary planning number that I would not have access to paper FP. Only the 3 FP+ with the MBs. I'll be very disappointed if this is true because we plan to park hop a few days. I'm hoping the CM was just trying to keep people from doing it but once we actually get there I hope we can with the KTTW cards. If we get them too. We are going 12/7 thru 12/13. Interested to see if anyone else gets this same info when calling.
When did they tell you that? Just wondering thanks

Old 10-29-2013, 02:16 PM   #40
Hoodie
Going to BC and GF with one week's planning
The snappers go for you and the painteds pee on you. Either way, they never seemed very grateful!

I just wish they would finalize this and let us know what is going on! We are booked for the end of February and was told when we booked that MagicBands would be fully rolled out for the resorts before then, so the removal of the paper fast pass machines in January follows that timeline.

It does impact our trip though. If we are limited to 3 FP+ a day, then best bet would be to schedule them in the afternoon at one park and hit rope drop at another to hit standby there. If you can get new Fast Passes as you use the first ones, then you'd be better off getting morning FPs and adding new ones as you use them.

My 60 day window starts on Christmas. Hoping they figure it out before then!
Hoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:43 AM   #41
alana22
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboniman333 View Post
When did they tell you that? Just wondering thanks
It was 2 or 3 days ago
alana22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:10 AM   #42
kv777
Earning My Ears

All this uncertainty about FP+ is certainly making planning for my upcoming trip much more difficult and much less fun. I had major problems with scheduling my FP+ when my 60 day window opened on Saturday. The website was so messed up that after an hour and a half I gave up. Most of problems seem to have been resolved after about 48 hours. I scheduled a lot of my FP+s for early evening to take advantage of doing other rides, etc. early and then using the FP+s for the popular rides when it is most crowded. However, if they change the system so that you can get more than 3 FP+s each day as soon as you start using them, then I need to rethink and reschdule my FP+s. All very confusing and frustrating.

I really am excited about my Disney trip and trying to remain positive. The planning is getting overwhelming and frustrating but I know it won't really matter once we arrive at the happiest place on earth . . . or so I keep telling myself.
kv777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:26 AM   #43
chicagoshannon
DIS Veteran

Having the ability to use paper fast passes while planning to park hop will be a moot point. If you make your 3 FP reservations for the second park in the afternoon you won't be able to use paper fast passes in the morning anyway. People that have been pulling paper fast passes in the morning get returns times of late afternoon or later. If you book your FP for morning and then hop and plan to use paper FP you'll be out of luck because they will all be gone.

Just be thankful you get to book your 3 because a good majority of us will not be ale to obtain more than 1 with a late return time.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #44
zamboniman333

Sounds like SoDisney is testing a tiered FASTPASS+ system at Epcot. Starting today or over the weekend.

Old 11-04-2013, 02:29 PM   #45
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboniman333 View Post
Sounds like SoDisney is testing a tiered FASTPASS+ system at Epcot. Starting today or over the weekend.
It's there... I was looking at it yesterday.

Though I'm not sure what can be gained from a park where it doesn't really matter
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: