Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2013, 12:58 PM   #16
iwasdaisy
Mouseketeer

Subbing!

Summer 2000 College Program
Summer 2007 BW with DH
Beach Club June 2010
WL February 2014
iwasdaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:09 PM   #17
RGirl
DIS Veteran

I really want to try R&C and hate that I have not found a way to fit it into our ADRs on any trip yet. Your review just makes me want to try that much harder next time!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2013, 08:24 AM   #18
LowesChevy
The happy haunts have received your sympathetic vibrations and are beginning to materialize

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
The bangers and mash look wonderful. I have never dined there as we always go to Raglin Road, but am going to give it a try next time. We do love stopping in the pub though
It is a very good dish. I enjoy Raglan Road as well and the larger menu makes it easier for everyone to find something they like.
LowesChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:07 PM   #19
LowesChevy
The happy haunts have received your sympathetic vibrations and are beginning to materialize

Tutto Italia-Dinner

Tutto has always been a favorite of ours. We loved Alfredos too, but Tutto has been a reliable place for many years. They have had the same maitre de for years and nothing beats a greeting of Buena Sera from him as you walk in the door. We were seated immediately in the side room nearest the outdoor patio. We have never been seated over in this section and I feel like the atmosphere isnt like the rest of the restaurant.

Me likey bread sticks!!

Giorgio from Genoa was over within a minute or so to welcome us and offer us a drink. I went with the tropical iced tea instead of a cocktail as did my mother, but my dad ordered a Moretti. He was back in a few minutes with the drinks and to take our order. The menu has shrunk a little bit from what I last remember, but this seems to be the norm on property. We had some snacks at the Stone Harbor Club, so just entrees for us tonight. Dad went with the gnochetti, which is cavatelli pasta, sweet sausage ragu and tomato sauce. This dish is rich and filling , dont let the small looking portion fool you. This is my go to dish, but I was in more of a meatball mood, so I went with spaghetti with beef and veal balls with pomodoro sauce. Simple and delicious. Mom opted for the fettuccini vecchia Roma, another rich dish made with cream, pancetta and parmesan. It is similar to Alfredo, but has pancetta. The fettuccine is handmade and adds a different flavor and texture to the pasta.

Dinner was great and the service was excellent. My only gripe was that the food came out too fast, within 10 minutes of us ordering it was on the table. I know they were only about half full, but I would like to linger and chill a little bit! That being my only problem, it was a great experience. To finish the evening a cappuccino and a few bites of sour cherry panna cotta were in order.

Dude, wheres my biscotti?

Overall a great meal

5 stars-excellent

Last edited by LowesChevy; 10-24-2013 at 02:10 PM. Reason: size
Old 10-25-2013, 02:27 PM   #21
LowesChevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Mmm - the food at Tutto looks so delicious. I am so mad that we didn't get to try more WS restaurants on this last trip. Next time - I vow that next time we will!
I hear you, we always end up dining in the WS 4-5 times. The travel time gets old when you stay near the MK, but that's most of our favorites are located
Old 10-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #22
LowesChevy

Mama Melrose-lunch

As usual the lobby of Mama Melrose was full of guests. A few people in front of me were trying to score a walk in, but with no luck. The park didn’t seem overly busy, but the sit down restaurants fill up fast, so ADRs are a must for us. There are many places to eat, but only a few great ones. The waiting area is small, but the buzzers do have a decent range if you want to browse in the Stage 1 Company Store across the way.

We only waited for about 12 minutes before we were seated in the back of the ‘warehouse.’ I think we sat at this table last year too. Dori was over within a few seconds to great us and take our drink order, while we looked over the menu.

When she returned we ordered our salads and flatbreads to split. The Caesar and mixed green salad arrived within 7 minutes. The Caesar was tangy- the dressing had a heavy hint of anchovies. The portions of salad on are the large side making them perfect to share. The mixed green salad had cucumbers, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, sopressata and red wine vinaigrette.

It took a little while longer for the flatbreads to arrive, but they were worth the wait. We ordered a mushroom- with crimini and button mushrooms finely diced, topped with a balsamic glaze. The carne flatbread had spicy Italian sausage, pancetta and pepperoni and the margarita flatbread was simply dressed with mozzarella, tomatoes, basil and olive oil. The tomatoes were thickly sliced and were rather awkward on a pizza, but really my only complaint.

This has always been a slam dunk for us today was no exception. Dori made sure we had beverages and small plates when we needed them and she checked in with us many times. The only thing we had to tell our server about the lack of music! So the manager went and turned it on. We knew something was missing lol! Dori was a great server and she even knew our server friend Holly from Pittsburgh, so we asked her to say hello for us.

Another great meal at Mama Melrose for us

5 stars-excellent
Old 10-26-2013, 10:23 AM   #23
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

Enjoying your reviews so far. We loved CG breakfast and HOB is definitely on my possible list for next year

chocolateMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:34 PM   #25
LowesChevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Your food choices at MM look great! That mushroom pizza especially is just calling my name right now! Can you tell I haven't had dinner yet?

Thanks for the great review!
I could go for that pizza now myself! It is a little sweet with the balsamic, but really good if you love 'shrooms.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:35 PM   #26
LowesChevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolateMinnie View Post
Enjoying your reviews so far. We loved CG breakfast and HOB is definitely on my possible list for next year
Both hidden gems for us. HOB was a great surprise and now it may be a staple!
Old 10-28-2013, 03:37 PM   #27
LowesChevy

Shula’s-dinner

For years, the Yachtsman Steakhouse was a big favorite of ours. However the last few times we had visited, it went downhill year after year. We had experienced terrible service twice, so that was it for us. Shula’s seemed like the perfect solution to our steakhouse problem and it was close to our resort. This would be our first visit there, so looking forward to it.

The size and shape of the Swan and Dolphin are truly unique. You can spot them from many perches around property. If you have never had the experience to get up close and personal to them, it may make for a fun evening along with a short walk over to the Boardwalk.

These were the only photographs I took because the restaurant was very dark and I didn’t want to be flashing photos all night and bother other guests. (I know I do it in other restaurants, but it is really dark in here!) Anyway, we walked over early to see if they could squeeze us in sooner and it wasn’t a problem. Being Sunday night, they were on the slow side and had plenty of empty tables.

The restaurant has beautiful, dark wood paneling on the walls with high ceilings and dim lighting. The dining space was divided well into smaller sections to allow for more cozy and quiet experiences. The walk to the table took you past the kitchen line and scotch cart, which caught my eye. I always love to get a look at the spirits. They led us to the back of the right room and immediately after we were seated Greg was there to offer us water. In fact, you will see a lot of your server and the assistant here, boy did I love this!

As we looked over the menu, colossal shrimp cocktail caught my eye. I knew that I would split the steak with my mother and father, so I would be plenty full after that and a few sides. I can no longer eat a large piece of meat anymore and these steaks are gigantic! As we looked over the paper menu and the original menu on the football, Lisa wheeled over the cow cart. She gave us an explanation of all of the steaks they offer, which was really cool because a few other steakhouses I have been to do that. My father settled on the Kansas City strip and a wedge salad to start and my mother the larger filet mignon with lobster bisque along with a few side dishes.

The appetizers came out within a few minutes and I was deep in shrimp heaven! I cannot get fresh shrimp so good at home, most everything is frozen of course. The shrimp were poached perfectly and the cocktail a bit on the spicy side just the way I like it. The wedge salad was pretty straight forward, but he enjoyed it. The lobster bisque was just so so. They used a heavy roux to thicken it and failed to cook the raw starchiness of it out. The best lobster bisque is at Roy’s Restaurant by the way…

After the plates were cleared and we lingered practically alone for a while, another table of gentleman was seated, but each table gets their own team of servers to personalize your service. Our steaks arrived a little while later as well as the delicious side dishes of broccoli with Hollandaise and double baked potato, which is the house specialty.

The steaks were both flavorful, my dad’s strip was cooked a little over medium rare as requested, but still good. I like medium rare with dripping juice and blood, but it freaks my mom out. The broccoli was tender and firm and how can you not love Hollandaise? The double baked potato wasn’t anything I couldn’t do at home, but a good accompaniment to the steaks.

The meat is Certified Angus as I prefer Prime beef at a steakhouse with these prices. Service was amazing. The steaks were great, just not excellent, but still a better alternative to YSH in my opinion.

4 stars-Good
Old 10-28-2013, 10:51 PM   #28
tybrilinja
Mouseketeer

Mmmmmm I want mushroom pizza, RIGHT NOW!!! That looked so good. I really shouldn't be reading reviews tonight cuz now I'm hungry!!! Love the reviews so far.

~Stephanie~

'82 DL (offsite), '94 WDW (offsite),'99 WDW (offsite), '09 Fort Wilderness, '11 All-Star Music/Caribbean Beach Resort, '13 All-Star Sports

tybrilinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:59 AM   #29
LowesChevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tybrilinja View Post
Mmmmmm I want mushroom pizza, RIGHT NOW!!! That looked so good. I really shouldn't be reading reviews tonight cuz now I'm hungry!!! Love the reviews so far.

Glad you are enjoying them!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: