Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2013, 09:32 AM   #76
PrincessForLife
Walt Disney World Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrishMama View Post
Thanks for the trip report. We are looking forward to our second cruise on the Fantasy and it's nice to have so many recent pics.

Thank you!!
ParrishMama
Thanks for joining! There's always something in a trip report that has never been shown before. Even now, after our trip, I still love looking at the different experiences everyone had!
Old 10-28-2013, 10:24 AM   #77
PrincessForLife
Walt Disney World Junky

Cabana 20

The moment is finally here! This is the part of the trip report that I've been the most excited to share.....the cabana!!! I've seen other people post a couple cabana pictures but I have never seen detailed pictures of what is included in the cabana. I searched internet and found a couple YouTube videos that showcase Cabana 19 but there was NOTHING on Cabana 20.....so here it is!!

When you are first dropped off at your cabana, you are greeted by a cabana number sign that includes a chalkboard with "Welcome *insert last name here* Family! It was funny because ours had both of our last names because we were just married and I didn't go through the name change yet. If you have more than one last name in your cabin, you will have them all on the cabana welcome sign. It was no biggy because our host just used some water and rubbed off my last name. lol

You cans till see the and before I erased it!

All better!

From the beach, the cabanas look tiny but in reality, it was huge. You can see the scale with my DH walking up to it and massive it compared to him. I know some resorts offer pool/beach-side cabanas at hotels and they are flimsy tents that don't look worth it. However, on Castaway Cay, it feels like you have your own beach house. We even had our own welcome mat at the front door! The whole structure is made of solid, weather-worn wood in bright seaside colors. It was also decorated with some beautiful carved beach wood.

A lot bigger than expected!

A pretty mermaid!

Beach wood!

There are a lot of amenities in this place! My favorite is the amount of seating you get. In the covered shelter there is a loveseat and 2 armchairs as well as a coffee table and 2 side benches to store all bags. On the canopy covered area outside the wood roof, there are 2 chase loungers pushed together with extra throw pillows. Next to the stairs there is also a mini side chase lounger and a side table. Did I mention that all the seating was very cushiony and VERY comfortable??

My favorite seat!

Inside the shelter was also a mini changing area. This came in handy after our bike ride when I changed into my swim suit!

Now for all the other amenities. To start, there is a safe! This was so nice to leave all of our electronics and cards in there while we were swimming. We didn't have to worry about a thing! The safe is hidden in a closet that also contains tissue and extra towels. We also had a mini fridge that contained water, soda, fresh fruit, and wet towels. The water was very nice to have on hand with the very hot day and the wet towels were great for refreshing after bike riding and right before we got back on the boat. I never thought something as simple as a cold, wet towel could make a huge difference! lol We also had a basket of granola bars and chips, as well as plates, silverware, napkins for anything else. (We never used them...) We also brought a bottle of champagne we received on the ship! There was a drink menu but we never ordered from it because of the champagne and had so much to do! On the coffee table and in a basket there was a variety of magazines to choose from. It was all travel magazines boasting tropical getaways...like the one we were at! lol

In the canopy area we also got sunscreen! This came in handy because we were slathering sunscreen all day long. We didn't use ours as much because it was a spray and didn't work as well as the lotion kind that was provided. On the outside area down the steps we also had a freshwater tall and foot shower. The foot shower was really nice to have so we weren't always tracking mounds of sand into the cabana. We also used the floats and hammock. But...the hammock broke half way through the day. (The beam snapped) We told our host and he said they would take care of it the next day. He was so nice!

The lovely foot shower

....and our broken hammock. lol

Overall, the cabanas at Castaway Cay are totally worth it! We wouldn't do them every time we did a cruise since they are kind of expensive, but it's nice if you have a group of people or want it as a romantic hideaway. There were some wonderful amenities and the views from the cabana were out of this world!

The view from my favorite seat

Up next: Leave the Island...
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2013, 11:09 AM   #78
OSUBuckly
Mouseketeer

Wow, thanks for the details on the cabanas. I had no idea they were that elaborate.

Were the food and drinks included in the cost or were you charged for what you ended up using (like a hotel minibar)?
Old 10-28-2013, 11:17 AM   #79
PrincessForLife
Walt Disney World Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUBuckly View Post
Wow, thanks for the details on the cabanas. I had no idea they were that elaborate.

Were the food and drinks included in the cost or were you charged for what you ended up using (like a hotel minibar)?

Yes they were! Everything I shared (minus our bottle of champagne) was included! The only thing that wasn't included was the alcoholic beverages that you order through the bar. But at $399 for the Serenity Bay cabana, they almost should be!! lol
Old 10-28-2013, 01:26 PM   #80
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessForLife View Post

Yes they were! Everything I shared (minus our bottle of champagne) was included! The only thing that wasn't included was the alcoholic beverages that you order through the bar. But at $399 for the Serenity Bay cabana, they almost should be!! lol
Very nice pics of the cabana.

Even if they didn't include all alcohol in that price, I think it would be nice if they would throw in just one welcome drink per person. Like one Konk Cooler each sort of thing?
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:44 PM   #81
PrincessForLife
Walt Disney World Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Very nice pics of the cabana.

Even if they didn't include all alcohol in that price, I think it would be nice if they would throw in just one welcome drink per person. Like one Konk Cooler each sort of thing?
Thanks! I totally agree!! That would really put the cherry on top!!
Old 10-29-2013, 07:26 AM   #82
scrpbookr
Mouseketeer

Lovely!

What a lovely day! Definitely a treat and perfect for a honeymoon!

I love how you share all the details! Thanks for that!
Disneyland Hong Kong - Mom, Reagan & Mike - 2010 (1st Visit)<--TRIP REPORT
Magic Kingdom - Reagan - Spring Break Cruise- 2012<--TRIP REPORT
Disneyland, CA & California Adventure (1st Visit to C.A.)- Dad & Reagan -Spring Break, 2013 <--TRIP REPORT
Disney World and Disney Magic Cruise! (1st Disney Cruise)- Mom and Reagan - Spring Break, 2014<--TRIP REPORT IN PROGRESS
Mixing Business & Magic - (1st Solo Disney Trip) Conference & Disney World - June, 2014 (TRIP REPORT COMING SOON)
Looking Forward To:
London, Paris and especially... Disneyland Paris!! (1st Visit!) - September, 2014.

scrpbookr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:55 AM   #83
natmom
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much for the detailed trip report!!
natmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:10 AM   #84
PrincessForLife
Walt Disney World Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrpbookr View Post
What a lovely day! Definitely a treat and perfect for a honeymoon!

I love how you share all the details! Thanks for that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by natmom View Post
Thank you so much for the detailed trip report!!

Thank you for joining me on this adventure!
Old 10-30-2013, 11:23 AM   #85
PrincessForLife
Walt Disney World Junky

Leaving the Most Magical Island

We spent all day at the cabana and left about an hour prior to the all aboard call time. Toward the end of the day the skies started to get a little dark and a lot of people left Serenity Bay. We were drying off and relaxing in the cabana when we saw this:

A water spout!!! I've never seen one in person and it was both amazing and terrifying at the same time! The last 30 minutes we were in the cabana it grew and grew and GREW into a full water spout that touched the water out in the distance. There were also a couple smaller ones that formed on either side. After watching them grow and 'growing' tired ourselves, we headed back to the Serenity Bay tram stop. While there, the family in Cabana 21 next to us told us that the last time they were on Castaway Cay, there was a HUGE water spout on the family beach and everyone was evacuated back to the boat. Does anyone have more info/stories on occurrences like this?? I guess the crew members figured the ones we saw were too far away to cause any harm, especially since it was the very end of the day.

Waiting for the tram!

On our way back I wanted to stop at the gift shop to get a "Mine" seagulls beach towel. I recently have had an obsession with these birds and also acquired the "Mine" seagulls pillow from WDW on the same trip! lol We got to the first small shop at Pelican Point and since it was an hour from leaving, the store was closed. I was rather upset but the cast members told us that the "She Sells Everything Else" should be open for the next 20 minutes or so. I SPRINTED. And I was able to get my towel with minutes to spare!!! lol I also got a beautiful pin since I decided to get one commemorative pin from each trip from now on!

The epic beach towel!!

And the awesome pillow!!

And finally a very special pin!!

On our way back I also snapped some pictures on the island and ship as we neared the end of our day on the most magical island in the Bahamas!

Up Next: A Bittersweet Farewell
Old 10-30-2013, 12:02 PM   #86
PrincessForLife
Walt Disney World Junky

An Unforgettable Journey!!

After getting back on the ship we needed to pack our bags for our disembarkation the next morning. Well, I packed the bags while Kevin watched TV. I'd prefer he didn't help because I have my own system of packing! He's a smart man. lol By the time I finished, it was time for the final show, "An Unforgettable Journey." This was the BEST show on the ship. It had a great story and no long periods of random Disney songs that had NOTHING to do with the show. This was a great way to remember all the great times on board, and get us all psyched up for our next trip!! We then spent the time between the show and dinner in our favorite hangout, Skyline. We hated finishing our passports and saying goodbye to the best bar servers ever!!

Our last drinks of the passport!

Goodbye Alonso and Pedrique!!

Dinner that night was the See Ya Real Soon menu as always but I's thought I'd share a picture my DH took of me with the dessert menu....

OMG! I've been invited to the royal ball!!!

After dinner, we decided to wander the ship and view our pictures. We went to our album in Donald 13, and low and behold, we only had two pictures from us boarding the ship. lol I forgot that we politely declined dinner rotation pictures and didn't have an character interactions!! This whole trip I forgot to get a picture with Cinderella! Oh well, I have the next trip! lol

Our last picture in the Fantasy

The next morning we had breakfast in the Royal Court. We were so full from the week that we barely ate anything!! lol However, I did manage to scarf down Sabarro's Pizza at the airport! Leaving the ship was relatively easier than the Magic but the line for customs was VERY long. We trekked through and made our way to the buses back to MCO. We were very sad to have to go back to reality but after 2 weeks of the most magical honeymoon ever, coming home was a warm welcome! Here are the last could of pictures of the ship as we left the port:

Goodbye Fantasy!!

Up Next: A Fond Farewell
Old 10-30-2013, 12:36 PM   #87
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessForLife View Post
After getting back on the ship we needed to pack our bags for our disembarkation the next morning. Well, I packed the bags while Kevin watched TV. I'd prefer he didn't help because I have my own system of packing!
Ha! I'm EXACTLY the same way. Back away from the suitcase darling husband. The most he gets to do is hand me the stuff I call for in order...."Pants!" "Shirts!" "Underwear!" "Socks!" "Shoes!"
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:42 PM   #88
PrincessForLife
Walt Disney World Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Ha! I'm EXACTLY the same way. Back away from the suitcase darling husband. The most he gets to do is hand me the stuff I call for in order...."Pants!" "Shirts!" "Underwear!" "Socks!" "Shoes!"
Lmao! Yay for us being extra super organized!! When I'm in packing mode, my DH stays at least 5ft away from the luggage!
Old 10-30-2013, 01:57 PM   #89
Susan121302
Mouseketeer

I LOVED your report!
Susan121302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:27 PM   #90
PrincessForLife
Walt Disney World Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan121302 View Post
I LOVED your report!
Thank you! I'm so glad everyone enjoyed it! I can't wait to start my next pre-trip report!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: