Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 01:30 PM   #631
Tinker Pam
Stalker of the Whisperer

Quick question we fly in on November 20 for 2 nights at AOA then on the 22 move to POR can I put my POR ME tags on my checked bags and just have them sent directly to POR so that we dont have to mess with moving them over?

Old 10-27-2013, 01:48 PM   #632
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Anyone checking in today? Wondering if the October 27th rumor for not getting KTTW cards is true and what will happen getting legacy FP too!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2013, 02:23 PM   #633
TDDisney
Mouseketeer

We're back to the real world...

Hi Everyone!
Just thought I'd post about our trip....Oct. 5th-12th...We had a super fun time. A few hiccups in the road, but the rest was awesome. The hiccups were: Clearwater Marine Aquarium was closed starting the date we had timed/dated tickets for (yes, really!) due to filming Dolphin Tale 2, so we didn't get to see Winter...and we're not happy since we bought TIMED/DATED tickets, and they called us during our flight to tell us they'd be closed. Second hiccup was we couldn't go out to the launch sights at Kennedy Space Center bc that part was closed due to the government shutdown. Third hiccup was our flight home was delayed 4.5 hours due to plane trouble, so we got home at 3:30 am instead of 11 pm as planned. BUT....other than that, it was great!
RR at POR was gorgeous! Fortunately, we had the decorative bedspreads when we were there, as I hear they're now being taken away.
Once we got our travelocity tix linked, we were able to get fastpass+ with plenty of options still available. The system was super slow, so it took hours to do. Even the CM tried doing it on there devices, but there's were freezing up, too.
Dinner at BOG was fabulous! Got to get pics with beast, and loved the Gray Stuff dessert!!
We enjoyed walking around Epcot for F&W...kids got chocolate covered cannolis in Italy and DH got sausage and peppers in Italy. I just got a funnel cake .
Dinner at Ohana was yummy and really enjoyed watching MK fireworks from the beach. It seems that they set off more to coordinate with MK??? The fireworks were huge (very wide)...seemed larger than when we were actually at MK???
Pool at POR was warm and lots of fun.
We were surprised at how less happy the CMS are??? We actually passed by one lady on the sidewalk at POR, all dressed in her fancy little POR outfit, complaining to another CM saying plenty loud, "Let them go ahead and fire me, and I'll get my lawyer!"...not a very Disney moment! I was actually very shocked. The gift shop CMs were complaining and grumbling with each other one night. We saw a lot of this....NEVER saw that before??? Wonder if Disney is paying less, getting less happy people???
Buses worked well, and rental car from Disney Car Care Center was easy and convenient.
Finally had our first Dole Whip thanks to the advice on here :-)!...and got our Disney 2013 sliders for our bands, thanks to the advice on here...had to go back and ask for them, as they didn't offer them up.
That's about all I can think of now. I've been off the boards for a bit trying to catch up at home. I hope all is well with everyone! Kat from Phoenixville...enjoy your trip! Black..hope all is well! Smitch...hope your trip is awesome! Xipotec...hope wifey is doing well and you guys have a super trip! ....I'm already trying to figure out how to get back to Disney!!!
Old 10-27-2013, 03:48 PM   #634
scard192
DIS Veteran

Forgot to add, after all our worry about rain before our trip, the only time we felt a drop of rain was when the kids were watching the movie at the resort. A few times when we were on the bus we drove through puddles where it was clear there had been rain.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:02 PM   #635
4CanadianMice
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Well friends my results came back. I'm just a broken old man. I have four to six disks with arthritis. A few spurs. I have at least four narrowing disks and one disk with a spinal compression. Now I have to see a neurosurgeon to see what things I can do to help me.

I shouldn't be falling apart so soon. A trip to Disney will mend me...
Glad to hear you got some answers and I agree ... a trip to Disney I think would help you heal. Maybe the neurosurgeon will suggest that
Old 10-27-2013, 07:21 PM   #636
mickey1968
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post
Anyone checking in today? Wondering if the October 27th rumor for not getting KTTW cards is true and what will happen getting legacy FP too!
I checked in at POR today and was given both.

May 2014 - Pop Century, F&G and SWW • Oct./Nov. 2013 - PORS, MNSSHP and F&W • Oct./Nov. 2012 - Pop Century, MNSSHP and F&W • May 2012 - Pop Century, SWW, F&G • Nov. 2011 - POFQ, MVMCP • June 2002 - off-site/conference • 1990s - several trips staying off-site; Uni 2x • 1991 - WDW College Program (Spring) • 1985 - First trip with parents at age 16 or 17

Old 10-27-2013, 08:05 PM   #637
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey1968 View Post

I checked in at POR today and was given both.
I hope pofq is still giving the cards we arrive on nov 8 th
Old 10-27-2013, 08:56 PM   #638
martiniglassesforme
Mouseketeer

We arrive at Pop on Thursday this week. I will check in here and let you know the status of KTTW there once we check in to the hotel.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:01 PM   #639
Chela227
Mouseketeer

Hey all! Anyone have any new info on PP+ (new name - memory maker)? Can it be added to MB's or are they still handing out cards? TIA
Old 10-27-2013, 09:23 PM   #640
martiniglassesforme
Mouseketeer

Stupid question of the day: is there free WiFi in the parks?
Old 10-27-2013, 09:42 PM   #641
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiniglassesforme View Post
Yes, and I've had no problems with access on my iPod touch at any of the parks or at the resort (Pop). On it right now on the room lol!

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
Old 10-27-2013, 09:45 PM   #642
wendylk
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chela227 View Post
Hey all! Anyone have any new info on PP+ (new name - memory maker)? Can it be added to MB's or are they still handing out cards? TIA
We just got here yesterday and they are still handing out cards. Some photos can be put on the band. The exception was either ride photos or restaurant photos. I didn't pay too close attention because if you did have them put on the band you still had to get them transferred at some point to the card. Their was a huge line just to redeem the voucher. I certainly wasn't going to wait in another line to transfer photos!
Old 10-27-2013, 09:49 PM   #643
TDDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiniglassesforme View Post
Used free wifi in parks constantly. Only prob was had trouble adjusting fp+ in parks bc mde was not working well....not even on cms devices. That was oct 5-12....don't know if situation is better, or not.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:07 PM   #644
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Well another great day in the world.

Woke up at 7am and mom wasn't moving very fast so pulled up the MDE app and adjusted our first fast passes. That is probably one of the best parts of FP+.

Hit the food court around 9. Found a table pretty easy, and lines were very manageable. Mom used one CS and I bought a side OOP. I can't eat eggs and I don't like pancakes/waffles/French toast or any of those things so breakfast is kind of a wash for me. Couldn't see wasting a whole CS credit on me. We shared a bit and she used her mug for coffee and got a milk with her meal for me.

Went to dropped off our rental car then took a boat to DHS. Arrived around 10:30. We hit RNR and ToT first since I would be riding solo. I changed out my later FP+ for the first and rode single rider line. Ten minutes tops.

I had pulled a paper FP for ToT (got a KTTK card on Sat and it still allowed double dipping)and rode it, but it took longer. Standby was 120 min, it took ten minutes to enter the building from FP. Turns out that there were problems and the kept shutting down elevators. They had walk people off. I ended up having to exit one car to switch to another. A move I repeated on Star Tours when it failed. I also heard that RNR went down in the afternoon. Bad day for rides. Anyway. Between FP and FP+ I rode pretty much everything I wanted. I did Stars X3.

Being able to switch out my FP+ on the fly was totally great. Wifi picked up fine, only had problem connecting once (I was in a building and even my cellular was sketchy). Pulled three paper fast passes and everything else was a walk on.

Used the dining plan at Hollywood Brown derby. Yummy as usual. I had used the DDP to book the Fantasmic Dinner Package. We were late getting back to the park after a break at the resort. Fantasmic was standing room only but since we arrived around 7:00 we were still able to get into the reserved area. Great seats and totally worth using two TS credits. Plus unlike most TS DDP meals you get an Appetizer and entree and dessert (they actually boxed up our dessert since we were full).

We did buy one bottle of water and two ice cream snacks OOP. We have plans for the snack credits.

Crowds were slightly crowded but not unreasonable, well except for Fantasmic.

Nice weather, no rain, not sweaty hot, and crowds were manageable.

Back n the room and got my feet up. F&W tomorrow. Haven't used our snack credits as we plan to graze for lunch and diner.

ETA: did have one MB glitch. Mom's MB would not register at DHS when we went back for Fantasmic. We had her KTTK card and it read fine.

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW

Last edited by bookgirl; 10-27-2013 at 10:46 PM.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:45 PM   #645
KermitRinny
It happen on one ah dem Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Days.

Had a great stay! Leaving tomorrow. Booked our BB for next August and we are taking the nephews! Woot!
Joe I hope you get better soon!!
I skipped a lot of pages so not totally caught up.

04POFQ 07POR 08ASMVS 09POP 11CBR 12WL 13POFQ
14POFQ

"And just 'cause these here tales is 'bout critters like Br'er Rabbit an' Br'er Fox, that don't mean they ain't the same like can happen to folks! So them who can't learn from a tale about critters, just ain't got the ears tuned for listenin'."
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: