Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2013, 10:28 AM   #2521
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RasberriPie13 View Post
I read and watched the video, so is it my understanding that coffee and hot water are not part of the rapid refill program yet. I usually bring my own instinct coffee with me.
You can use your RapidFill mug to get coffee and hot water, but correct, the coffee and hot water dispensers are not tied to the RFID chip technology. It's the soda choices that use the RFID system.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:35 AM   #2522
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
You can disagree with fact if you'd like, that's up to you.

The picture below is from the side of my mug from my WDW visit in June 2013. The same notice on the side of the mug was posted at all the drink stations. So as you can see the policy didn't change or evolve until they implemented the RapidFill system.
well, to be techinical, I didn't say "rule" I said "policy".. big difference. but the sticky on this thread said that split stays were fine, and not to debate about it. and it doesn't matter now anyway.

as Disney made the official "rule" (ie. recognizing split stays for the mugs) to match to with their recent "policy"

yay!!!!
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2013, 09:27 AM   #2523
nalajms
DIS Veteran

Mugs w DDP & Split stays

Hi,
Has anyone gotten the mugs with DDP recently? Are they set to length of DDP or an automatic 14 days? We're down for 11 nights and staying in 3 resorts w DDP. Will I need to get new mugs at each one or will the first one work the entire time?

TIA!

And just curious, do the new mugs still have the "rule" on there?
Old 10-18-2013, 10:57 AM   #2524
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalajms View Post
Hi,
Has anyone gotten the mugs with DDP recently? Are they set to length of DDP or an automatic 14 days? We're down for 11 nights and staying in 3 resorts w DDP. Will I need to get new mugs at each one or will the first one work the entire time?

TIA!

And just curious, do the new mugs still have the "rule" on there?
Length of stay mugs default to 14 days. So any mugs received with the DDP are length of stay and then by default, 14 day mugs.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:07 AM   #2525
Newbie123
Mouseketeer

Probably a silly question, but do I just go to the foot court at my resort to pick up my mugs? And do I just need to present my KTTW card (or magic band?) And (last question, I promise!) can I do this before I get to my room? we are scheduled to be there in the morning before official check in, so if I check in with the front desk, do they activate everything there? or will we have to wait until our room is ready?

thank you!
Newbie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:12 AM   #2526
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie123 View Post
Probably a silly question, but do I just go to the foot court at my resort to pick up my mugs? And do I just need to present my KTTW card (or magic band?) And (last question, I promise!) can I do this before I get to my room? we are scheduled to be there in the morning before official check in, so if I check in with the front desk, do they activate everything there? or will we have to wait until our room is ready? thank you!
Yes, yes, and yes. . You can go to any resort location that sells the mugs (usually the food court, but you could go to other resort's mug fill locations if you wish). If you have the mugs as part of your dining package, thy appear as credits on your KTTW cards (or bands). As soon as you have the cards you should be good to go.
GrandCalifornian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:14 AM   #2527
Newbie123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
Yes, yes, and yes. . You can go to any resort location that sells the mugs (usually the food court, but you could go to other resort's mug fill locations if you wish). If you have the mugs as part of your dining package, thy appear as credits on your KTTW cards (or bands). As soon as you have the cards you should be good to go.
Great!! Thanks so much!!
Newbie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:00 AM   #2528
pampam
DIS Veteran

We are arriving at Pop on Jan. 20. 2014, and checking out on Feb 14, 2014. Since we are staying longer than 14 nights, do we need to buy new mugs after 14 days, or are the mugs really good for length of stay?
pampam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:40 AM   #2529
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampam View Post
We are arriving at Pop on Jan. 20. 2014, and checking out on Feb 14, 2014. Since we are staying longer than 14 nights, do we need to buy new mugs after 14 days, or are the mugs really good for length of stay?
The CM's will program your mug for your length of stay. People have reported that there hasn't been a problem getting it adjusted for them.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:13 PM   #2530
Polynesian27
Mouseketeer

After park drink always goes down fast!

Hi All,
So I have one main issue with the new RFID system for the mugs. After a day at the parks the first place we usually go to after getting off the bus is to a refill station to fill our mugs before going back to the room. Our party will fill the mug and drink almost all of it right away to quench our thirst, then we will fill them up a second time to take back to our rooms. But now I have read that you have to wait a few minutes before your 2nd refill, how annoying! Is this still true a few months into the program? I would feel so weird just standing in front of the refill station until my second refill would be allowed. Does anyone else feel this way?
Polynesian27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:18 PM   #2531
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polynesian27 View Post
Hi All,
So I have one main issue with the new RFID system for the mugs. After a day at the parks the first place we usually go to after getting off the bus is to a refill station to fill our mugs before going back to the room. Our party will fill the mug and drink almost all of it right away to quench our thirst, then we will fill them up a second time to take back to our rooms. But now I have read that you have to wait a few minutes before your 2nd refill, how annoying! Is this still true a few months into the program? I would feel so weird just standing in front of the refill station until my second refill would be allowed. Does anyone else feel this way?
It was set up that way to keep people from pouring from a single paid mug to multiple other drinking containers.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:22 PM   #2532
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Is this still true a few months into the program?
Yes, it is 2 minutes.

Quote:
I would feel so weird just standing in front of the refill station until my second refill would be allowed. Does anyone else feel this way?
I probably wouldn't feel weird. From what I have read/heard, there is almost always a line at the refill station. After filling up the first time, it would take me at least a minute, maybe more, to drink my first one. Then get in line for refill #2.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:41 PM   #2533
BadDad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
It was set up that way to keep people from pouring from a single paid mug to multiple other drinking containers.
Not to prevent brain freeze?
BadDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:12 PM   #2534
lucas
°o°

Do they still have the Gold Peak teas? If so, how do they work with the new chip mugs?
Old 10-28-2013, 09:13 PM   #2535
Polynesian27
Mouseketeer

I can understand Disney trying to prevent people from using one mug to fill several "old" mugs by adding a 2 minute window between refills, but how many people are actually doing that verses the family who purchases new mugs ever trip and want to get a quick drink after a long day in the parks and a 2nd refill right afterwards to take back to their room? It just seems like the honest people are getting punished for the occasional dishonest guest. Does anyone agree?
Polynesian27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: