Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-24-2013, 10:28 AM   #16
zamboniman333
Ye come Seeking Adventure and Saly Old Pirates, A Ye?
 
zamboniman333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyKat View Post
Everything I've read has said that you get 3 FP+ per day for 1 park only. You can move those 3 things around all day long, but once you use one, it's gone. You don't get to use more FP+.
That is they way i have also understood it, but the rumor is that could be changing on 10/27/2013. . So maybe we will know more on Sunday or Monday from people in the parks. Or someone who has already used the FP+ can confirm how it is orking as of today 10/24/2013.
__________________






zamboniman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:50 AM   #17
Jimbeaux28
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboniman333 View Post
That is they way i have also understood it, but the rumor is that could be changing on 10/27/2013. . So maybe we will know more on Sunday or Monday from people in the parks. Or someone who has already used the FP+ can confirm how it is orking as of today 10/24/2013.
So glad we are not going until late May and will have 5 months of experience from all of you wonderful people to read about on this wonderful board!
Jimbeaux28 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-24-2013, 11:04 AM   #18
BlueStarryHat

Just picture everyone sitting at the computer in their underwear
 
BlueStarryHat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,713

I was sort of counting on a KTTW card to go along with my Magic Band for when I'm there in December because we park hop. I was *hoping*to use paper fastpasses for the morning park and FP+ for our hopped-to park.


We're prepared for this not to be the case, though. We discussed which park to use FP+ for really carefully. On our AK half-day we made the decision to go stand-by for Everest etc. and use our allotted 3 FP for the MK. We feel a bit penalized for park hopping although we paid more for our tickets to be able to do so.

Geez. I spent more time on my FP+ selections than I did in filling out my tax forms.
__________________
Aww...no ticker for me.
BlueStarryHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #19
zamboniman333
Ye come Seeking Adventure and Saly Old Pirates, A Ye?
 
zamboniman333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStarryHat View Post
I was sort of counting on a KTTW card to go along with my Magic Band for when I'm there in December because we park hop. I was *hoping*to use paper fastpasses for the morning park and FP+ for our hopped-to park.


We're prepared for this not to be the case, though. We discussed which park to use FP+ for really carefully. On our AK half-day we made the decision to go stand-by for Everest etc. and use our allotted 3 FP for the MK. We feel a bit penalized for park hopping although we paid more for our tickets to be able to do so.

Geez. I spent more time on my FP+ selections than I did in filling out my tax forms.
100% with you. We also park hop and have almost all of our FP+ picked for the afternoon/evening park we will be in. We were goign to use the old system in the morning park. But also knew they was a good chance we wouldn't be able to use the old system.

We just wish we could park hop (atleast 2 parks per day) with the FP+. But no matter what we are going to DISNEY and that is all that really matters to us!! Just want to be there with my fam
__________________






zamboniman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:25 AM   #20
AmyKat
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 313

I think they will eventually fix it where you can have 3 FP+ per park per day. If not, they are penalizing the park hoppers. That could end up losing money for disney and I don't think they are going to let that happen.
__________________
POP-Mar '09 AoA-Sept '12 GF/POR-Feb '14 CBR-Dec '14 GF/POP-Feb '15
AmyKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:55 PM   #21
Spacedog1975
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 450

There needs to be a park hopping solution or they'll have severely diminished the value of park hopping at all.
__________________
Spacedog1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:11 PM   #22
pigletto
DIS Veteran
 
pigletto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacedog1975 View Post
There needs to be a park hopping solution or they'll have severely diminished the value of park hopping at all.
Agreed. And I do remember thinking awhile back that they were pretty much going to phase out most people buying park hoppers if it meant those people were going to hit standby lines a mile long when they got to their second park. Not many people would bother with hoppers in that case.

So maybe just maybe once they phase out the KTTW cards, the people who they are taking them away from are going to report they were have more fastpasses available once they have used their first and/or can get them in another park.
I've heard basically nothing to support this so far.. but it makes sense doesn't it? That phase one was 3, but that it won't be staying that limited. Hmmm.. all very interesting.
__________________
pigletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:33 PM   #23
zamboniman333
Ye come Seeking Adventure and Saly Old Pirates, A Ye?
 
zamboniman333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
Agreed. And I do remember thinking awhile back that they were pretty much going to phase out most people buying park hoppers if it meant those people were going to hit standby lines a mile long when they got to their second park. Not many people would bother with hoppers in that case. So maybe just maybe once they phase out the KTTW cards, the people who they are taking them away from are going to report they were have more fastpasses available once they have used their first and/or can get them in another park. I've heard basically nothing to support this so far.. but it makes sense doesn't it? That phase one was 3, but that it won't be staying that limited. Hmmm.. all very interesting.
Hoping so!!!!
__________________






zamboniman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:58 PM   #24
mjem216
Mouseketeer
 
mjem216's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 249

i dont think youll be able to use your kttw card or paper pass because on my disney experience you have to select which you want to use...
__________________
<a href="http://distickers.com/ticker/"><img src="http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/ubnx8u4sq6jurulk.png" alt="DIStickers.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>
mjem216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:33 AM   #25
AmyKat
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 313

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjem216 View Post
i dont think youll be able to use your kttw card or paper pass because on my disney experience you have to select which you want to use...
Right now, you can book 3 Fast Pass Plus experiences on My Disney Experience before you get to the park. Then, you can use your KTTW or paper ticket to get regular paper Fast Passes (old style). So, you can effectively double dip.

If the KTTW cards are not given out anymore, you would only be able to get the 3 FP+ that you book on MDE.

Unless you are staying off site. Then you would have a paper ticket and would be able to get the paper Fast Passes from the in-park machines.

Unless they are getting rid of the in park machines all together. Then off site guests would have to use an in park kiosk to book FP+ by they are in the park.

There's just a lot of unknowns right now and it has the potential to change my touring plans depending on how those unknowns are resolved.
__________________
POP-Mar '09 AoA-Sept '12 GF/POR-Feb '14 CBR-Dec '14 GF/POP-Feb '15
AmyKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:04 AM   #26
PaperDolls
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyKat View Post
Right now, you can book 3 Fast Pass Plus experiences on My Disney Experience before you get to the park. Then, you can use your KTTW or paper ticket to get regular paper Fast Passes (old style). So, you can effectively double dip. If the KTTW cards are not given out anymore, you would only be able to get the 3 FP+ that you book on MDE. Unless you are staying off site. Then you would have a paper ticket and would be able to get the paper Fast Passes from the in-park machines. Unless they are getting rid of the in park machines all together. Then off site guests would have to use an in park kiosk to book FP+ by they are in the park. There's just a lot of unknowns right now and it has the potential to change my touring plans depending on how those unknowns are resolved.
I agree, this is how I understand it as well.

However, we purchased a room only reservation and will have MB and made FP+ selections. But our tickets were purchsed seperately so I anticipate we can use them as well to get paper, traditional FAst passes when were in the parks. We checkin after oct 27 so I anticipate we will not receive a KTTW. BUT, we will have the regular park passes since we purchased them seperately. They should work the same as those staying off site using regular park passes, in the paper fast pass machines. At least I hope so. I've never seen anywhere on MDE where I had to choose between the two so I'm not sure about that. I just hope it works and we can still use the regular passes in addition to the FP+. I know this is not the case for those booking packages that include tickets, because KTTW won't be issued, so they will have nothing else to put in a traditional machine, but it should still work for those with separate passes, APs, etc. This is my hope at least, fingers crossed! Were there for a short 3 day trip and plan to park hop every day, so I hope this works. If not, we'll be fine, I know it could backfire, but I'm hoping for the best!
__________________
Courtney, Mommy to my three mouseketeers... N(10), S(8), and Lauren(5)

PaperDolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 03:50 AM   #27
Minniekins
DIS Veteran
 
Minniekins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: 60 miles W of Chicago, IL - too far from Mickey!!!
Posts: 1,631

I've talked a few different CM's in the last few days, concerning my trip coming up in Dec. All each assured me that KTTW cards would continue to be given out, particularly as this is still a testing phase. And because not all guests want to or can wear the MB's, and because the MB's need a back up for that or in case they don't work properly. If they don't give one, be sure to ask for it. They all also confirmed it was definitely acceptable to use the Kttw cards to pull additional paper FP's. They also confirmed only 3 FP+ in one park per day, no additional ones at this time, no word on future plans concerning the number of fp or more than one park. But, they each stressed using the Kttw card for getting more fp in another park.
__________________
Me - Chrissie DD24 - Danielle
Minniekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:09 AM   #28
dsneprincess
DIS Veteran
 
dsneprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Not in Orlando:(
Posts: 1,147

Ugh! I still don't see this MagicBand thing as magical in anyway. I don't want to pick my 3 fast passes now or choose what parks I am going to be in what day just because I need to plan FPs so we can ride. I was going to purchase 4 park hoppers next week for a February trip, now I thinking will hold out and see what happens with this thing and not bother with the hoppers at all. I do think, though, that without a hopper, I wouldn't go to HS or AK at all. So then I need to figure out if I should just maybe buy 2 day MYW and do 2 days at Universal and 1 at Gatorland or Legoland. Which adds the additional question: if I do 2 days at Universal, I should probably book at least 1 night there for their on site privileges.

This just made planning sooo much harder and added in a ton of decisions I need to make sooner than later! Until I opened this thread, I was just going to book Disney property and buy 5dPHs like I do every year. I did already book the airfare, so we are going to Orlando, but I haven't booked anything else.

This makes me wonder what Disney thinks they are getting out of this. My family was a slam dunk; we come in February, get 5 or 6 day park hoppers, stay on property usually moderate level, eat and purchase in the parks/resorts for those days, but I don't plan ahead and i don't rope drop. Now I am questioning, if I get to the parks late, which I will, and I didn't plan fast passes, will I get to ride what my 3yo wants when he sees it? He is ok with coming back for Pooh after lunch, but what if it needs to be I can make a reservation for tomorrow? Should I take my money elsewhere and go see other things?

Sorry to be so long, but I just don't understand why Disney wants me to even think about spending my money elsewhere? Why are they willing to risk all this money walking out the door? Or maybe I am the only one feeling this way and exploring other options.......
dsneprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:30 AM   #29
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: sw FL
Posts: 1,057

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsneprincess View Post
Ugh! I still don't see this MagicBand thing as magical in anyway. I don't want to pick my 3 fast passes now or choose what parks I am going to be in what day just because I need to plan FPs so we can ride. I was going to purchase 4 park hoppers next week for a February trip, now I thinking will hold out and see what happens with this thing and not bother with the hoppers at all. I do think, though, that without a hopper, I wouldn't go to HS or AK at all. So then I need to figure out if I should just maybe buy 2 day MYW and do 2 days at Universal and 1 at Gatorland or Legoland. Which adds the additional question: if I do 2 days at Universal, I should probably book at least 1 night there for their on site privileges.

This just made planning sooo much harder and added in a ton of decisions I need to make sooner than later! Until I opened this thread, I was just going to book Disney property and buy 5dPHs like I do every year. I did already book the airfare, so we are going to Orlando, but I haven't booked anything else.

This makes me wonder what Disney thinks they are getting out of this. My family was a slam dunk; we come in February, get 5 or 6 day park hoppers, stay on property usually moderate level, eat and purchase in the parks/resorts for those days, but I don't plan ahead and i don't rope drop. Now I am questioning, if I get to the parks late, which I will, and I didn't plan fast passes, will I get to ride what my 3yo wants when he sees it? He is ok with coming back for Pooh after lunch, but what if it needs to be I can make a reservation for tomorrow? Should I take my money elsewhere and go see other things?

Sorry to be so long, but I just don't understand why Disney wants me to even think about spending my money elsewhere? Why are they willing to risk all this money walking out the door? Or maybe I am the only one feeling this way and exploring other options.......


I thought similarly in the beginning, but I am seeing the light, I think.

I discovered that my trips are predictable, even though we wing it. Chances are that if you look at what you do each trip, you can find a pattern. I won't bore you with mine. A certain one is that if you can make a dining reservation, you can schedule some fpp around it. No rope drop, no extra planning. We found our trip easier and had more down time. The only difficult park will be MK. too many attractions. But a lot of attractions is a good thing, right?
__________________
Give a man a beer and he wastes a half an hour, but teach a man to brew and he wastes a lifetime.
beer dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 01:59 PM   #30
EAWildman
Mouseketeer
 
EAWildman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 219

We were part of the testing in early September. We were staying at Pop and walked over to AoA for lunch on our first day. In the lobby we were stopped by a CM who had a table with a couple of laptops doing surveys for guests with Magic Bands. I took the survey. It was all about the planning process. Did you make FP+ reservations? Did you use the web site? Did you use the app? What did you like about the planning process? What did you not like? They had canned choices to pick from when it came to what did you NOT like, and I vivedly remember that one of the choices was "being limited to attractions in only one park per day." Another was "being limited to only 3 Fast Passes per day."

So, Disney is aware of these issues, and they are asking real guests who have actually tested out the system what they think about these things. Because of this survey and the types of questions they are asking, I expect changes to the current system to come along at some point.

We scheduled our Fast Passes for the afternoon and that worked pretty well. The best was actually having Fast Passes for TSM without having to be at the Studios for rope drop. In early September, the crowds were so low, that we didn't even need or use most of our Fast Passes. We used them for TT, Soarin, TSM, a character meet and greet at EPCOT, and that's about it.
__________________
----------------------------------------------
"They say that these are not the best of times,
but they're the only times I've ever known."
--Billy Joel
----------------------------------------------
Charter Member of D23
EAWildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.