Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2013, 08:25 AM   #121
Jenntx
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much for the terminal information!! I am going to book it this weekend just to have it done & out of the way.

We were able to get dinner reservations at Palo. Yea!! When I was on DCL site, I did not see a place to book the mixology class. Is that something you do once on the ship?

I am planning to go back & read your trip report again - make sure I did not miss any important info.

Glad y'all are booking for next Dec. I can't wait for our trip. We are spending a few days at the beginning & end of the cruise @ WDW. I've never seen it "dressed" for Christmas. Can't wait for time @ WDW & our first ever cruise- so excited!!!
Jenntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:28 PM   #122
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenntx View Post
Thank you so much for the terminal information!! I am going to book it this weekend just to have it done & out of the way.

We were able to get dinner reservations at Palo. Yea!! When I was on DCL site, I did not see a place to book the mixology class. Is that something you do once on the ship?

I am planning to go back & read your trip report again - make sure I did not miss any important info.

Glad y'all are booking for next Dec. I can't wait for our trip. We are spending a few days at the beginning & end of the cruise @ WDW. I've never seen it "dressed" for Christmas. Can't wait for time @ WDW & our first ever cruise- so excited!!!
I don't blame you, I like to prepay for as much as I can. I think we are going to try one of the area hotels that offer 40% off so I will not be able to prepay for parking.

Mixology is booked onboard. We immediately went to guest services after boarding and signed up for the class. What PAT did you get? Are they offering the super early ones? I'm curious what time boarding starts with the new PAT.

I'm glad you were able to get a Palo reservation. We really enjoyed it. A lot of people compare it to Olive Garden but we have never had anything from Olive Garden that was even close to Palo.

I would love to see WDW "dressed" but I will settle for the ship. I hope you have a wonderful trip and feel free to ask any questions you may have between now and then.

3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"

5 Night Disney Dream Double Dip June 2012
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #123
tweis
DIS Veteran

I found this in my CC backpack so I thought I would share for anyone that has questions about the last morning or the express walk off.

3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"

Last edited by tweis; 01-13-2014 at 03:32 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:02 PM   #124
Jenntx
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweis View Post
I found this in my CC backpack so I thought I would share for anyone that has questions about the last morning or the express walk off.

Oh thank you so much! A few minutes ago my husband and I booked our parking at the Port terminal. I was telling him what you mentioned about early walk off. Now I can show him. Thanks.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:05 PM   #125
Jenntx
Mouseketeer

I know on this trip (one reported on) you did not see any live shows. But I think you did with your kids on your previous cruise. We are thinking about seeing Disney Dream and maybe The Golden Mickey's did you see any of those? Thanks for your help.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:29 PM   #126
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh thank you so much! A few minutes ago my husband and I booked our parking at the Port terminal. I was telling him what you mentioned about early walk off. Now I can show him. Thanks.
I'm so glad that helped you!!

Old 10-20-2013, 07:48 PM   #127
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know on this trip (one reported on) you did not see any live shows. But I think you did with your kids on your previous cruise. We are thinking about seeing Disney Dream and maybe The Golden Mickey's did you see any of those? Thanks for your help.
Hi again

We did see all three shows on the Dream last year with our favorite being Villains Tonight followed by Believe. My boys thought there was too much singing in the Golden Mickeys. Lol We didn't have Dreams on our cruise. A lot of people do not care for Villains but we found it very amusing. DH and I considered seeing it on this trip but enjoyed relaxing by the pool too much.

Old 10-24-2013, 04:18 PM   #128
sdnotto2009
Earning My Ears

I enjoyed reading your TR! I even contacted Allison at Dreams Unlimited. I think we're going to transfer our reservation. It's our first time on DCL and I'm overwhelmed already!
sdnotto2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:36 PM   #129
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdnotto2009 View Post
I enjoyed reading your TR! I even contacted Allison at Dreams Unlimited. I think we're going to transfer our reservation. It's our first time on DCL and I'm overwhelmed already!
Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it. It can be overwhelming at times and it is possible to over plan. Relax. What ship are you sailing on?

We use Beth at Dreams Unlimited and so far, it has been great. We recently had to switch our May Fantasy cruise to a late April Magic cruise and she was able to get the stateroom that we wanted and early dining. The OBC is super helpful also.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I will be happy to help if I can.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:56 PM   #130
ALMinVA
Mouseketeer

You switched to Magic too?
We had to switch from the May Fantasy cruise as well and we picked the Magic but we arent going until Nov 30th - another year away
I will be looking to you for all the Magic information! Take lots of pictures for me - ok??

[/url]
ALMinVA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:24 PM   #131
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMinVA View Post
You switched to Magic too?
We had to switch from the May Fantasy cruise as well and we picked the Magic but we arent going until Nov 30th - another year away
I will be looking to you for all the Magic information! Take lots of pictures for me - ok??
Yes, some things came up and we weren't going to be able to travel that week and the following weeks were CRAZY expensive!! So, we are taking the kids out of school for the first time ever, and cruising on the Magic. It's only a 4 night to the Bahamas but my boys are so excited to be on the Magic. I am planning to take tons of pictures this time. I have booked a room at Comfort Suites so that we can go to Atlantis for the day, so that will be something different for us. We have never been on the Magic so we are looking forward to a new adventure. I will report back!

Old 11-16-2013, 08:09 AM   #132
Jenntx
Mouseketeer

This morning I am going back to re-read your trip report & take notes for our trip. 29 days until our first ever cruise!!
Old 11-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #133
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This morning I am going back to re-read your trip report & take notes for our trip. 29 days until our first ever cruise!!
If you have any questions, just let me know and I will help if I can.

Your cruise is getting really close! So exciting! I hope you report back and let me know how beautiful the Dream is all decked out for Christmas. Have a wonderful cruise.

Old 11-16-2013, 09:17 PM   #134
Jenntx
Mouseketeer

Thank you - you have been so helpful already. I'll let you know what it is like @ Christmas. You will have to do a trip report with your family trip on the Magic when you go!
Old 11-19-2013, 10:01 PM   #135
kdkdmac
Earning My Ears

Thank you for sharing your wonderful trip report. I have so much to learn before our first cruise in May. I'll definitely re-read your report several times ... taking notes!

Thanks again!
kdkdmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: