Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2013, 12:17 PM   #526
mkymouse40
Mouseketeer

My Christmas Windows

I need to find my Halloween photo from last year, but here are two Christmas windows I did in 2011 & 2012. Very simple and easy, but we enjoyed them. My Halloween was far more complicated and busier than these.

Nancy

mkymouse40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #527
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkymouse40 View Post
I need to find my Halloween photo from last year, but here are two Christmas windows I did in 2011 & 2012. Very simple and easy, but we enjoyed them. My Halloween was far more complicated and busier than these.

Nancy, those are adorable! What are the rings that the figures are hanging from? Did you make that cute wreath too?

Monica
HappyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2013, 04:21 PM   #528
Radiorox
Live from the city of Magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGal

I bought strands of lights but the netting is a better idea! Did you hang them in the window or behind the sheer curtain?

Also, does your netting have white wire or green? I've been looking for some with white wire do it "disappears" but can only find green?
Hung them in the window with the mini command hooks. The wire was clear. It was on Ebay, faerie LED lights. Actually, my net was too big. I think a 150 light set would work. I had a 350 and 3/4 of it hung on the floor. LOL!!!
Old 10-24-2013, 10:14 PM   #529
mkymouse40
Mouseketeer

I made the green mickey head wreath in both photos using the Home Depot Mickey paint chips (no longer available). The white mickey towel wreath in the first photo was from Mousekeeping.

The felt hanging characters I purchased (on the ring) from Wahlgreens. Last year they carried the Elves and the year before it was the Snow People. I think I only paid $3 each for them.

I'm not sure what I'm doing this year, but you can bet that my green wreath will be in it (it took me so long to make it!) because I am getting my use out of it for sure!! I had a really elaborate window planned out last year, but ran out of time. It's beginning to look like I will run out of time this year too!

Nancy

mkymouse40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #530
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info, Nancy. I always forget about Walgreens and their Disney holiday stuff, I need to check it out. I know what you mean about running out of time, I'm freaking out about making matching shirts and window decorations. I ordered the led net lighting off ebay last night (thanks to you) so that's a relief. Now I'm cutting snowflakes to hang on the window which is time consuming but I love it. I see you are staying at Pop also! We'll be there Dec. 11-15, what are your dates? I hope they overlap so I can check out your fabulous window in person!

Monica
Old 10-27-2013, 09:08 PM   #531
sammyjo1871
Mouseketeer

Here's our window at CBR this past week for Halloween. We had so much fun doing it!

Me DS6

sammyjo1871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:10 PM   #532
sammyjo1871
Mouseketeer

Sorry, wasn't sure how to post pics.

Me DS6

sammyjo1871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:37 AM   #533
tdmoney7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGal View Post
Thanks for the info, Nancy. I always forget about Walgreens and their Disney holiday stuff, I need to check it out. I know what you mean about running out of time, I'm freaking out about making matching shirts and window decorations. I ordered the led net lighting off ebay last night (thanks to you) so that's a relief. Now I'm cutting snowflakes to hang on the window which is time consuming but I love it. I see you are staying at Pop also! We'll be there Dec. 11-15, what are your dates? I hope they overlap so I can check out your fabulous window in person!
Are you going to keep your net lighting? If not would you like to sell it? We are going 1/1/14. Might be cutting it close but thought I'd mention it.
tdmoney7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:50 AM   #534
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdmoney7 View Post
Are you going to keep your net lighting? If not would you like to sell it? We are going 1/1/14. Might be cutting it close but thought I'd mention it.

I plan on using the lights for future trips. You can find them on here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310770774125...84.m1439.l2649

$15.95 and free shipping - can't beat that! Happy Holidays!

Monica
Old 10-28-2013, 07:46 PM   #535
tdmoney7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I plan on using the lights for future trips. You can find them on here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/310770774125...84.m1439.l2649 $15.95 and free shipping - can't beat that! Happy Holidays!
Perfect - thanks!!
tdmoney7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:32 PM   #536
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

I'm loving the window decorations!! I am really wanting to decorate ours for the week of thanksgiving but I'm not sure if I should do Thanksgiving or Christmas. What do you think? I'm leaning towards Christmas because this trip IS a big part of our Christmas this year. Our dates are November 22-30th.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:52 PM   #537
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom0f3 View Post
I'm loving the window decorations!! I am really wanting to decorate ours for the week of thanksgiving but I'm not sure if I should do Thanksgiving or Christmas. What do you think? I'm leaning towards Christmas because this trip IS a big part of our Christmas this year. Our dates are November 22-30th.
I know some feel strongly about Thanksgiving being skipped over but I vote for Christmas just because it gives you a lot of fun options.

Monica
Old 10-28-2013, 09:56 PM   #538
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer

Quote:
I know some feel strongly about Thanksgiving being skipped over but I vote for Christmas just because it gives you a lot of fun options.
I know, and that's my struggle!! I'm not sure what to do.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:07 PM   #539
tkbbmom
Mouseketeer

Okay - I've been researching and getting ideas. So excited - we've never decorated and I admit dh thinks I've lost my mind.

We will only decorate during our stay at POR 11/13-22-- we have two rooms. DD and I are torn between decorating for Christmas, decorating for Thanksgiving or just decorating w/ various Disney characters. Is that time in November too early to do Christmas?
Old 10-29-2013, 11:11 PM   #540
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbbmom View Post
Okay - I've been researching and getting ideas. So excited - we've never decorated and I admit dh thinks I've lost my mind.

We will only decorate during our stay at POR 11/13-22-- we have two rooms. DD and I are torn between decorating for Christmas, decorating for Thanksgiving or just decorating w/ various Disney characters. Is that time in November too early to do Christmas?
I hope someone answers you! I for one think Christmas would be fine since the resorts are decorated for Christmas. I keep going back to it myself.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: