Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2013, 12:10 PM   #181
DJFan88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCG316 View Post
Was planning on booking the S/P/D for Feb dates. Was cleaning out my wifes email and saw in her spam an email from Disney Destinations. It was for free dining! So glad i looked. We are staying at ASMu and got the QS dining. You can upgrade for $15 for adult and $5 for a child per day.
Well, I hope you clicked the "not Junk" button, so all future emails will go straight to her inbox! Congrats.

-----------------------------------------------------------
1997 - off property 1999 - Caribbean
2009 - Caribbean 2010 - Coronado
2012 - POR 2014 - POR/YC
DJFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:25 PM   #182
mississaugamom
DIS Veteran

Pin Code Ema Still Going Out

I gave up on getting a PIN and had my travel agent book S/P/D for me since I needed to check in on March 5 (leaving on a cruise on the 8th). Got the email from Disney Destinations at lunch today offering either room only discount or free dining (1/3 to 3/5).

My agent was able to apply the PIN and saved us another $241 from the cost of Stay/Play/Dine. Very happy here !!!!

Arlene
mississaugamom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2013, 12:26 PM   #183
stephyamber
Mouseketeer

If you've never been to disney can you still have/get a pin? I have gotten multiple dvd's and ordered maps and stuff. Does that mean I am "in their system" ? If so should i have my family memebers inquire about dvd's and maps as well to have a better chance at getting a pin? Also do they send out mailers to you only if you've visited before?
stephyamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:48 PM   #184
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephyamber View Post
If you've never been to disney can you still have/get a pin? I have gotten multiple dvd's and ordered maps and stuff. Does that mean I am "in their system" ? If so should i have my family memebers inquire about dvd's and maps as well to have a better chance at getting a pin? Also do they send out mailers to you only if you've visited before?
Yes, as long as you are in their system you can get a pin. If you have a login on their website you're in the system. I think you can get the maps and things without actually creating an account, but I could be wrong.

Visiting before doesn't matter.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:53 PM   #185
DJFan88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephyamber View Post
Another thing you could do is login on Disney site. If you don't have login and password, create it. Go through a "dummy" vacation of your dates you want, but then just leave it in your cart and exit. I have once gotten an email that said something to the effect that I left a vacation in my cart and did I want to do it. It was not a pin, that time. But, I regularly get all the pins. (we do go a few times,but I have no idea what it is, so who knows?) At least this way, they know you were thinking of if, but something caused you to not book. Could it have been the price? Oh, maybe we should put them on our pin list?
Just a thought.

2012 - POR 2014 - POR/YC
Old 10-17-2013, 02:49 PM   #186
Kristin3021
Mouseketeer

Just got a free dining pin, but it's only valid until march 5th and we're booked for the 30th.....they can't extend it can they?
Kristin3021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #187
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin3021 View Post
Just got a free dining pin, but it's only valid until march 5th and we're booked for the 30th.....they can't extend it can they?
No, they will not. I believe there are room discounts also on there but I don't know the dates for that.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:33 PM   #188
Kristin3021
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
No, they will not. I believe there are room discounts also on there but I don't know the dates for that.
I did get that too, but isn't it the same as the discount out for RO? Or could I get 35% for POR? The dates are for when we're going
Kristin3021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:56 PM   #189
atinkatheart
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJFan88 View Post
Another thing you could do is login on Disney site. If you don't have login and password, create it. Go through a "dummy" vacation of your dates you want, but then just leave it in your cart and exit. I have once gotten an email that said something to the effect that I left a vacation in my cart and did I want to do it. It was not a pin, that time. But, I regularly get all the pins. (we do go a few times,but I have no idea what it is, so who knows?) At least this way, they know you were thinking of if, but something caused you to not book. Could it have been the price? Oh, maybe we should put them on our pin list? Just a thought.
I do this too and it often works. So far, this time it hasn't worked. Keeping my fingers crossed.
atinkatheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:03 AM   #190
hops&dreams
DIS Veteran

I'm still calling every week. (Or maybe twice a week!). So far, nuthin'!!! The cm I had last night told me not to give up, that they're still rolling out. She encouraged me to keep checking through the holidays, she said! Now I wonder if she just said that to make me feel better or if she knew something??

Ah, the elusive pin code...

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards. past trips: Jan 2010 at WL- our magical first trip, Feb 2012 at WL- my escape from the SuperBowl

Jan 2010 - Wilderness Lodge. OUR PERFECT TRIP!
Feb 2012 - Wilderness Lodge. Terrific escape from the SuperBowl!

*missing having a ticker... I wanna go back!

Feb 2014 - According to DH, we're going back "next winter," whatever that means. Not specific enough for a ticker... yet!
hops&dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:28 PM   #191
DJFan88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin3021 View Post
I did get that too, but isn't it the same as the discount out for RO? Or could I get 35% for POR? The dates are for when we're going
The discount for POR will be less, not sure what but maybe 25% if you're lucky or else 20%. The 35% is for deluxe.

2012 - POR 2014 - POR/YC
Old 10-23-2013, 09:31 AM   #192
pbruce706
Mouseketeer

Got all excited when I got an email from Disney with the subject "Check out this magical Disney Rate!"

Opened it up and it was just a three letter "public" follow up offer, no savings versus what I've already booked.

Still hoping we might get lucky and get the "real" PIN.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:08 PM   #193
kjsac
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbruce706 View Post
Got all excited when I got an email from Disney with the subject "Check out this magical Disney Rate!"

Opened it up and it was just a three letter "public" follow up offer, no savings versus what I've already booked.

Still hoping we might get lucky and get the "real" PIN.
Lol pbruce, I got that same one! Got my hopes up for nothing.
kjsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:15 PM   #194
Dudetrue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hops&dreams View Post
I'm still calling every week. (Or maybe twice a week!). So far, nuthin'!!! The cm I had last night told me not to give up, that they're still rolling out. She encouraged me to keep checking through the holidays, she said! Now I wonder if she just said that to make me feel better or if she knew something??

Ah, the elusive pin code...

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards. past trips: Jan 2010 at WL- our magical first trip, Feb 2012 at WL- my escape from the SuperBowl
Okay, I have called and tried all those things suggested. Just wondering if this becomes bothersome to the cm or does the amount of helplessness in ones voice allow a cm to just apply a pin code if the cm wants to? When I call they always ask if I am already booked (which I am) and I wonder if they think "well why bother giving out one to them, since they booked already with AAA and they won't get the credit for booking"
If pin code cards go out to certain demographic areas, are there places they just don't go? Perhaps they don't go to Western NY for some reason?
Dudetrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:47 AM   #195
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudetrue View Post
Okay, I have called and tried all those things suggested. Just wondering if this becomes bothersome to the cm or does the amount of helplessness in ones voice allow a cm to just apply a pin code if the cm wants to? When I call they always ask if I am already booked (which I am) and I wonder if they think "well why bother giving out one to them, since they booked already with AAA and they won't get the credit for booking" If pin code cards go out to certain demographic areas, are there places they just don't go? Perhaps they don't go to Western NY for some reason?
You're getting a different CM each time so it's not really bothersome. Being booked won't mean you won't get a pin. No one really knows the algorithm for where and who they go to.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: